Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby Ck147

Wallace12 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Tomorrow’s TV group looks the best yet.

Friday's group looks even better.

But not as good as Sunday's

Postby Wildey

Fantastic 101 by Chandler to lead Baird 2-1 in the final match in Group 4 means Baird needs to win the final frame of the match with a 102 Break or Chandler wins the group.

Postby Deewee

Harvey asks what Baird's highest break is when he's on 83, ref doesn't know or can't tell but Baird offers up that it is 96. Harvey manages to clear up to 101 with a tricky blue and takes control. (I was kinda rooting for both of them up to end up on 96)

Postby donthittheblue

Deewee wrote:Harvey asks what Baird's highest break is when he's on 83, ref doesn't know or can't tell but Baird offers up that it is 96. Harvey manages to clear up to 101 with a tricky blue and takes control. (I was kinda rooting for both of them up to end up on 96)

Fair play to Baird for offering it up, would be easy to pretend to be mute in that situation.

Postby Wildey

Chandler at the table 33-4 up with only a 99 possible meaning Chandler Group winner and picks up a guaranteed £5,500

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:The main weakness of ITV coverage is they never give you the option of watching matches on table 2.

Wrong.

Maybe not here, but many times in other tournaments when the main match ends, they switch over to the other table and stay until the end, often well past their broadcasting time.

It’s a shame they never have an online option to watch table two, though.

Yep that's what I meant, no option of choosing to watch table 2 when both tables are playing at same time.

Postby Wildey

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:The main weakness of ITV coverage is they never give you the option of watching matches on table 2.

Wrong.

Maybe not here, but many times in other tournaments when the main match ends, they switch over to the other table and stay until the end, often well past their broadcasting time.

Yep that's what I meant, no option of choosing to watch table 2 when both tables are playing at same time.

Whats Baffeling though as Host brodcaster they dont do that but other countries show second match.

Postby Deewee

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Wrong.

There's even a commentator on table 2 so that's even more puzzling

Postby Andre147

Deewee wrote:Harvey asks what Baird's highest break is when he's on 83, ref doesn't know or can't tell but Baird offers up that it is 96. Harvey manages to clear up to 101 with a tricky blue and takes control. (I was kinda rooting for both of them up to end up on 96)

Referee can tell what the highest break is, in fact you see it often when the player doesn't know and he asks the referee the highest break.of the tournament, in this case it would be highest break of his opponent. Maybe the referee didn't know, that's another matter.

But Baird showed sportmanship in telling him.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

Referee can tell what the highest break is, in fact you see it often when the player doesn't know and he asks the referee the highest break.of the tournament, in this case it would be highest break of his opponent. Maybe the referee didn't know, that's another matter.

Maybe the referee has also being told that giving info like Century break will help a player in this instance. making breaks has never been this important.

Postby SnookerEd25

candycrushfan wrote:Kyren Wilson had his finger in his mouth yesterday what with the covid 19 crisis that wasn't hygienic or wise

Maybe, but better than having Ryan Day's finger in his mouth.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
candycrushfan wrote:Kyren Wilson had his finger in his mouth yesterday what with the covid 19 crisis that wasn't hygienic or wise

Maybe, but better than having Ryan Day's finger in his mouth.

Would it be Ryan's Day?

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Maybe the referee has also being told that giving info like Century break will help a player in this instance. making breaks has never been this important.

Yes, it's a bit tricky, especially as it could come down to second highest breaks, (if Chandler hadn't been able to get on the pink). Does the referee have to know that? Perhaps it could come down to which referee you happen to get - maybe they had refereed an earlier match.

We've had 3 situations now: Lisowski-Brecel, Chandler-Baird and Wilson-Day. Two of them fizzled out into a dead final frame, whilst the other ended up as a deciding frame without breaks mattering anymore. I'm not so convinced by this highest breaks rule, although I think it was an idea worth trying. The fact that the Chandler-Baird group ended up with a dead frame at midnight after 9 hours is a big anticlimax.

Postby Wallace12

SnookerFan wrote:It's not on ITV4 until 4pm due to the racing.

Even when the country's in semi-lockdown and there is buck all sport about, snooker still gets relegated to playing second fiddle. <doh>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wallace12 wrote:

Even when the country's in semi-lockdown and there is buck all sport about, snooker still gets relegated to playing second fiddle. <doh>

Come on Eye of Heaven

Postby Iranu

I don’t think it should be the refs’ job to tell players what break they need to make to win. Knowing the high break within the group is fair enough as that seems like it should be general knowledge for the refs (like tournament high break is usually) but if it comes down to the 2nd/3rd highest break required to win, I think that should be the players’ responsibility to know.

Postby SnookerEd25

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Wallace12 wrote:

Come on Eye of Heaven

There's a horse running in the 2.15 called theSaviour - I'm going to put my furloughed wage packet on it <ok>

Postby SnookerEd25

Juddernaut88 wrote:Snooker still showing on Itv4 schedule being on at 14:50pm for me today.

Yeah, I'm sure they said Friday was the later start.

Postby Wildey

Wallace12 wrote:

How is it Second Fiddle This Weeks theres about 90 hours of Snooker on ITV4 and less than 3 hours of Racing.