Post a reply

Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 1st - Thursday 11th of June at The Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

77 Days since Judd Trump won his 6th Ranking event of the season in Gibralter and Snooker is back with a New Format Championship league from milton keynes.

It will be a different World for a while and Sport will have to adhere to all that to be able to continue with the Risk of a second peak of the Virus in the air.

Not many players from over seas taking part and Anthony McGill the only Scottish player in the draw but Ronnie O'Sullivan and World Champion is in the tournament.

Who will leave Lockdown and win this Week?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Matchroom Multi Sport Championship League

Postby Juddernaut88

Are ITV4 definitely showing this? I've had a look at the tv schedule for next Monday and Tuesday and nothing mentioned. They do usually update the tv schedule a week in advance.

Postby HappyCamper

Juddernaut88 wrote:Are ITV4 definitely showing this? I've had a look at the tv schedule for next Monday and Tuesday and nothing mentioned. They do usually update the tv schedule a week in advance.

it's listed as starting at 1450 through til 2300 on moday 1st on the itv website.
https://www.itv.com/hub/tv-guide/2020-06-01

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerEd25 wrote:Maybe on ITV1? Live Sport could be quite a draw...

It should be on ITV1 but there not brave enough for that.

Also are we not allowed to call this the Covid Classic anymore?

Postby Wildey

SnookerEd25 wrote:Of course we are allowed; who is going to stop us?

Roll on Monday!

technicly i could but not going too <ok>

unlike boris johnson im far tougher and will get rid of tits :-)

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

Roll on Monday!

Well you can’t expect Boris to get rid of himself.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Roll on Monday!

Well you can’t expect Boris to get rid of himself.

rofl

Postby donthittheblue

Roll on Monday!

I was just making a (bad) joke about the event being given it's full Sunday name in the thread title...

Postby lhpirnie

donthittheblue wrote:

We should call it the 'Covid Classic' or something similar. It's a moment in history that we should commemorate.

The 2019-2020 Championship League finished in early March and was won by Scott Donaldson. That title belongs to him until next season.

Postby SnookerFan

donthittheblue wrote:

What's bravery got to do with it?

They don't feel that it'd get big enough viewers to put on the main channel. They'll have some figures or some market research to support that.

At a blind guess, this might do a bit better than normal ratings wise on ITV4 if a lot of people are still stuck at home and missing sport. But, let's face it. The Championship League isn't a format that's going to capture the nation's imagination. Most people will probably dip in and out of it.

The sad fact is, rubbish like Loose Women get more viewers, so it's on the main channel. Whether we like it or not.

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:They're not cancelling Loose Women are they??

Who cares? <laugh>

Misogynistic post :no:

You got me.

My hatred for all women has lead me to pretend that I have no interest in a daytime chat show. rofl

Postby HustleKing

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:They're not cancelling Loose Women are they??

Who cares? <laugh>

Misogynistic post :no:

Actually it's not because there are at least a minority of women who also think the show is a waste of time, if not a disgraceful production by ITV

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:

They don't feel that it'd get big enough viewers to put on the main channel. They'll have some figures or some market research to support that.

At a blind guess, this might do a bit better than normal ratings wise on ITV4 if a lot of people are still stuck at home and missing sport. But, let's face it. The Championship League isn't a format that's going to capture the nation's imagination. Most people will probably dip in and out of it.

The sad fact is, rubbish like Loose Women get more viewers, so it's on the main channel. Whether we like it or not.

Loose Women having more ratings has nothing to do with it Snooker isnt like football where you get a match here and there and 90 minutes over 2 hours you can get that in to the schedule Snooker has no time on it it finishes when it finished and played over days Take this tournament there will be 88 hours brodcast shown on ITV 4 thats like about 44 football matches you dont get that much football on ITV during the World Cup.

Postby SnookerEd25

Good point Wildey.

Took about 5 years for my wife to realise 'what time does this finish?' was a Pointless question when the snooker is on... <laugh>

Postby Juddernaut88

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:

Loose Women having more ratings has nothing to do with it Snooker isnt like football where you get a match here and there and 90 minutes over 2 hours you can get that in to the schedule Snooker has no time on it it finishes when it finished and played over days Take this tournament there will be 88 hours brodcast shown on ITV 4 thats like about 44 football matches you dont get that much football on ITV during the World Cup.

That's a good point. ITV4 and Eurosport show Snooker properly unlike BBC that only show an hour of evening sessions unless it's a semi final and final. I know it's available on the red button and on BBC website but it should all be available on the TV channel properly.