Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This Coronavirus has robbed us of so much. I will never forgive it.

Let's hope that sport and entertainment is all that it robs off us.

I'd rather lose The Crucible, a few football matches and the Eurovision Song Contest than lose a family member.

Indeed. Good post.

Postby vodkadiet1

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This Coronavirus has robbed us of so much. I will never forgive it.

Let's hope that sport and entertainment is all that it robs off us.

I'd rather lose The Crucible, a few football matches and the Eurovision Song Contest than lose a family member.

Animals have family members which you rob them of for your own selfish needs.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:The situation will only get worse. No way it will take place on its normal dates.

Despite having spent weeks saying that Barry Hearn's stubborness knows no bounds, even I'd now struggle to think The Crucible goes ahead now.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Who knows if we will ever see professional snooker taking place again. The Gibraltar Open might be the last tournament that ever existed.

Well, let's not go that far....

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Who knows if we will ever see professional snooker taking place again. The Gibraltar Open might be the last tournament that ever existed.

Would we have to change the name of the forum?

Tennis Island?
Idiotic Banter Island?
Veganism Island?
Mars Bar Island?
Simpson Meme Island?
Coronavirus Island?

Any other suggestions?

Postby Acé

SnookerFan wrote:
Acé wrote:Image

Image Image Image

You're one of the guys who's been stockpiling on toilet rolls haven't you? Scared to go out because you've never faced any hardships?

This virus has opened my eyes on humanity.

NEVER EVER disgrace people who run from war and famine ever again.
NEVER EVER mock people who served during world wars.
NEVER EVER mock poverty.
NEVER EVER mock homelessness.

Coronavirus is nothing compared to what people went through before the Internet.

Postby SnookerFan

If that was the case, they'd have cancelled the Players Championships more than two hours before it was due to go ahead.

Being that the media outlets want you to mass panic, they dithered about cancelling it. I mean, it's almost as if the channel has taken a financial hit in not showing it.

Postby SnookerFan

Acé wrote:You're one of the guys who's been stockpiling on toilet rolls haven't you? Scared to go out because you've never faced any hardships?

NEVER EVER mock poverty.

Coronavirus is nothing compared to what people went through before the Internet.

Come on man, let's not have another Ace meltdown.

Postby Cloud Strife

Acé wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Acé wrote:Image

Image Image Image

You're one of the guys who's been stockpiling on toilet rolls haven't you? Scared to go out because you've never faced any hardships?

NEVER EVER mock poverty.

What on earth are you banging on about?

Postby Acé

SnookerFan wrote:
Acé wrote:You're one of the guys who's been stockpiling on toilet rolls haven't you? Scared to go out because you've never faced any hardships?

NEVER EVER mock poverty.

Come on man, let's not have another Ace meltdown.

Mate I couldn't even buy kitchen rolls last week.

My aunt who works at nights so she doesn't get much time for shopping I usually shop for her and couldn't even find any baby formula in a lot of stores, had to borrow from a few close friends.

BABY FORMULA

Is this normal man?

Postby Acé

We're living in a world where people are very very selfish.

before this virus everyone liked to preach about sharing, caring, looking after the community, being nice...all words when an event like this occurs and then you see what people are truly like.

Sorry I'm just effected because of my aunt and cousins situation, it's just, sad

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:WST and ITV Sport have taken the decision to postpone this week’s Coral Tour Championship in Llandudno as a precaution against the spread of coronavirus.

The event was due to run from Tuesday to Sunday this week, televised by ITV4.

Following Monday’s announcement from the UK government that public are advised to avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues, we have liaised with ITV Sport and come to the decision to postpone the event, with new provisional dates of July 21st to 26th this year at the same venue.

We appreciate this is very short notice and a disappointment for the fans and the television audience, however the assessment could only be made at short notice after yesterday’s announcement from the government which came at 5pm.

The box office at Venue Cymru in Llandudno will contact ticket holders . Those tickets will be transferred automatically to the rescheduled dates. Fans who are unable to attend in July can contact the box office after April 1st for a refund.

Announcements on future events including the World Championship will be made in due course, with all scenarios to be considered depending on further government advice.

https://wst.tv/coral-tour-championship-postponed/

Surely everybody is going to ask for a refund? How can we guarantee it'll go ahead in July? We don't know it'll be any safer then. And if it does, what's stopping people buying tickets then?

Usually refunds don't include shipping and admin costs. So I usually wait until the rescheduled date is announced before deciding to ask for a refund. It only saves a couple quid versus re-buying but still worthwhile I think.

Postby SnookerFan

Acé wrote:
Mate I couldn't even buy kitchen rolls last week.

My aunt who works at nights so she doesn't get much time for shopping I usually shop for her and couldn't even find any baby formula in a lot of stores, had to borrow from a few close friends.

BABY FORMULA

Is this normal man?

And that's because a lot of sporting events have been cancelled, is it?

Just because some people are overreacting, doesn't mean there is no problem to start with.

I mean, the economy is going to lose millions upon millions with all these things being cancelled. But sure, the government is doing it so they can control us. Makes sense.

Postby Pink Ball

Acé wrote:We're living in a world where people are very very selfish.

before this virus everyone liked to preach about sharing, caring, looking after the community, being nice...all words when an event like this occurs and then you see what people are truly like.

Sorry I'm just effected because of my aunt and cousins situation, it's just, sad

We are allowed to take more than one issue seriously, you know.

Homelessness, for instance, is a terrible issue, but with respect, it’s not going to kill hundreds upon hundreds of people in a single day. Almost 400 people died in Italy within 24 hours one day last week. That’s bucking slaughter.

Postby TheSaviour

Good comment. I can only second that.

And this was it to me. The libraries also are closed. This finally (lucky you all!) will be my last post, at least for a good while! I can´t be bothered to use any laptops or mobiles anymore.

Perhaps I will still return, stronger and better than ever, somewhere over the future (a 5 months, a year perhaps). New jokes which even aren´t jokes, new long-time strangely correct and large predictions, new food cultures, new almost ever present complains and moaning against almost any given people, new music, new Ronnie this Ronnie that - posts, new moanings regarding that ACTUALLY no-one in the world is any out-spoken, great people or any brave...

So this was how I saw it finally landed, the actual pecking-order;

1. Ronnie O´Sullivan
2. Judd Trump
3. Shaun Murphy
4. Neil Robertson
5. Kyren Wilson
6. John Higgins
7. Stuart Bingham (the safety king, given his rather silly ((but still!!)) bravery)
8. Mark Williams

A numerous other really promising players, but just promising, giving how the going actually gets really tough! Mark Allen gets a special mention; he could be there if he would lose some weight and shave more often. Looking rather silly never does any good while playing really "fit" snooker like Mark Allen does. He plays many shots which would require top-notch stamina, which he doesn´t posses given his over-weight these days.
Last edited by TheSaviour on 17 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Acé

Pink Ball wrote:
Acé wrote:We're living in a world where people are very very selfish.

We are allowed to take more than one issue seriously, you know.

Homelessness, for instance, is a terrible issue, but with respect, it’s not going to kill hundreds upon hundreds of people in a single day. Almost 400 people died in Italy within 24 hours one day last week. That’s bucking slaughter.

I apologize if I overreacted family means a lot to me and I'm just that type of person

Postby SnookerFan

Acé wrote:Thanks for the comforting PM SnookerFan appreciate it

At times like these, we all need to be aware of the problems other people are facing. This is an unprecedented international disaster.

Let's all try to remember that. And I say that as somebody who has been whinging that I've just spent a lot of money buying Crucible tickets too, so I'm not blaming anyone. We've all got to remember that there are more important things going on, and that everybody and every family has the potential to be struggling through this.

Hope everyone here stays safe. That's the most important thing.

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:Coronavirus is nothing compared to what people went through before the Internet.

If my dad catches this virus he’ll almost certainly die from it, so how about you shut the buck up you bucking idiot.