Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby SnookerEd25

TheSaviour wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Bye then. :D

I take it that last Mark Allen-analyse was just too much to you then lol.

No, I liked it. I'm Mrs. Joyce.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:Coronavirus is nothing compared to what people went through before the Internet.

If my dad catches this virus he’ll almost certainly die from it, so how about you shut the buck up you bucking idiot.

Hope your family are alright, Iranu.

My parents are both in their 70s, and you do wonder how it will affect them.

Postby Prop

Oh, bugger. Hardly a shock though.

These are strange times. It seems a few of my friends and family members aren’t really getting the point of what’s going on and the importance of any guidance (no doubt soon to become enforceable) by our government. People don’t like change. They don’t like to be told what to do. They choose what to read, and when to listen. In fact, I’m really quite anti-establishment, non-conformist and definitely anti-authority. But there are times just like this when you arm yourself with knowledge off your own back, and recognise when it aligns pretty damn closely with what the government are saying.

There’s a spectrum of attitudes at play. All the way from the sort of thing Ace posted - conspiracy theories about it being deliberate use of a bio weapon and we’re all doomed - to the head in the sand crowd - they’ll carry on going to the pub as long as there’s one open and it’s only like ‘the flu’ so why should everyone panic.

I’m somewhere in between. Realising we’re on a graph and where that graph projects.

Anyway, I’m disappointed that the Tour Champs isn’t happening - it’s in the top 3 of tournaments for me. Stay sage, fellow islanders.

Postby Prop

Pink Ball wrote:Have a daughter with asthma. I’m not exactly going to criticise the cancellation of a set of games designed to while away a few hours.

Exactly. I think everybody has a loved one or friend that could really be hit hard if they contracted this. Definitely my dad. I had to have a rather firm conversation on the phone to my mum last night. They’re both intelligent people, but I had a feeling they weren’t really acknowledging the importance of staying away from crowds or any kind of social gathering. It was rather strange being the one putting my foot down, for years it was the other way round.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:This forum is like a little family.

So I hope everything is alright, and that everybody is safe and well. All users, and their loved ones too.

Well said, SF. Same here.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Acé wrote:Coronavirus is nothing compared to what people went through before the Internet.

If my dad catches this virus he’ll almost certainly die from it, so how about you shut the buck up you bucking idiot.

I hope so too, and same to yours.

People who think this is ‘nothing’ must not have anybody they care about.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I hope so too, and same to yours.

People who think this is ‘nothing’ must not have anybody they care about.

You know what the saddest part is? A lot of those morons do.

Postby eraserhead

Prop wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Have a daughter with asthma. I’m not exactly going to criticise the cancellation of a set of games designed to while away a few hours.

Exactly. I think everybody has a loved one or friend that could really be hit hard if they contracted this. Definitely my dad. I had to have a rather firm conversation on the phone to my mum last night. They’re both intelligent people, but I had a feeling they weren’t really acknowledging the importance of staying away from crowds or any kind of social gathering. It was rather strange being the one putting my foot down, for years it was the other way round.

My dad's got copd and it's not stopping him going to the pub <doh> . Told him off but people are stubborn.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
Prop wrote:

My dad's got copd and it's not stopping him going to the pub <doh> . Told him off but people are stubborn.

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that.

Postby Prop

eraserhead wrote:
Prop wrote:

Yep, same situation here. He had a collapsed lung a year ago and was diagnosed with emphysema around the same time. He’s 70 in September. My parents live way out on the Welsh coast, and I’m near Sheffield. So obviously it’s a concern in itself that they’re not exactly round the corner if they need my help. Health services down there are not great. The nearest hospital, in Haverfordwest, is a good 30 minute drive.

They’ve got a great little social scene down there - table tennis with a growing group of friends and then meet up at the village pub later on. They’re really happy doing all that, and it keeps them going. They’ve probably got a better social life than me. So I can understand their reluctance to suddenly take that out of their lives. I just hope what I said to them last night sinks in.

Postby barrysnookerfan1985

SnookerFan wrote:This forum is like a little family.

So I hope everything is alright, and that everybody is safe and well. All users, and their loved ones too.

Well said, SnookerFan, all the best to you and all members on this forum and their families

Postby eraserhead

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Sauce321 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:We could all watch the same match on YouTube and have a discussion thread on it

Any match but that one, please.

Fergal v Gilbert worlds qualifier.