Post a reply

Coral Players Championship Final

Postby Dan-cat

Image Image Image
Monday 24th ~ Sunday 1st of March at the Southport Waterfront.

The Hitman put paid to Ronnie's place in this tournament at the controversially-ranked Shoot Out*, only for Holty to go out in the first round to Judd...

The Ace in the Pack is in his pomp: he's World Champion, he's World Number One and he's the man to beat. Can he equal the record of five rankers in a season to join the illustrious gang that is Ronnie, Ding, Hendry and Selby?

One man that will have a say in this is the inimitable Yan Bingtao. A truly interesting player with an unusual methodical style, his all-round game is outstanding for a player who has just turned 20, and he's chomping at the heels of Ding Junhui as the top Chinese contender.

'Right now, Yan is the only young player who can help me challenge the class of 92' Trump

Who will win? Let's get the boys on the baize! :wave:

*'Should never have been a ranker' Snookerfan

DRAW

Final

Judd Trump v Yan Bingtao

Trump leads 4-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Players Championship FINAL

Postby Ck147

Yan I say, anyone who says otherwise better be quick with a Walker Colt
Last edited by Ck147 on 29 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

HustleKing wrote:Trump to win with at least 3 frames to spare, but hoping for a Yan upset

Yeah, thinking that's how it will actually end, but hoping Yan wins it.

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Yan I say, anyone who says otherwise better be quick with a Walker Colt

Me too!

(rookie mistake)

What's the rookie mistake?

Re: Coral Players Championship 2020 FINAL

Postby lhpirnie

As usual people predicting close matches. Much as I am always heavily on the side of young players, I think we could be in for another one-sided final, a bit like the Murphy-Wilson, Robertson-Zhou and Selby-Gilbert matches. I just hope Yan can provide us with a decent match for a while, and doesn't suffer a damaging defeat (2007 Masters is in my mind). But it's a huge step up and I don't even thinks he feels comfortable on the main table yet. Let's face it, Murphy was awful tonight.
Last edited by lhpirnie on 29 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Yan I say, anyone who says otherwise better be quick with a Walker Colt

Me too!

(rookie mistake)

What's the rookie mistake?

I saw your post before you edited it :-)

Ok, won't mention it again :)

Re: Coral Players Championship 2020 FINAL

Postby Juddernaut88

I'm predicting 10-7 win for Judd. All of Judds victories against Yan have been one sided but I think the final will be close. I'll be routing for Judd obviously but Yan is defo one of my top 5 players I'm a fan of.

Re: Coral Players Championship Final

Postby Wildey

Yan will have to pull off something hes never done before tomorrow win 2 frames against Judd Trump or itll be another one way traffic to go will 9-1, 9-0 and 9-1 finals weve had this season

Postby Andre147

Scary h2h for Yan.

Lost all 4 matches by huge margins. Across them, they've played 23 frames, and Yan only won 3!

Hopefully we won't see a runaway Final for Trump tomorrow, hope Yan gives him a good test.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I cant believe he's only 20

Best player from China since Ding.

+1

Postby Alex0paul

I don’t think we will have a one sided final a la Welsh and English etc

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:I cant believe he's only 20

I Know theres a way to go but Yan Could be the 2nd youngest crucible seed a month younger than Hendry was in 1989

Ronnie O'Sullivan 19
Stephen Hendry 20
John Higgins 20
Ding Junhui 21
Paul Hunter 22
Judd Trump 22
Mark Williams 23