Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Quarter Finals!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The pink was so bizarre

Ridiculous. Didn’t seem possible not to land on the black.

Poor shot under pressure, no other explanation for it.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:Hendry talking a lot about safety play lol

Yeah, as I said before I think he’s genuinely grown to appreciate it more in recent years (despite his jokes about it). His first few years, particularly at the BBC when he was partnered with another player he’d basically let them do all the talking during safety bouts.

Stephen could play safety better than hes been portrayed ive sat through a lot of his matches where the likes of Steve Davis was tying him up in knots and he could compete with Steve make no mistake about that but it would end with him going for a long pot from tight on the balk cush and majority of the time he would get it and make a break..

in the end he played to his strength and Potting and Breakbuilding was his strength but he could play safe he wasent that keen on wasting time with it.

These days hes seen the benefit of safety 20 years too late mind

Postby Andre147

But I don't think Hendry would have been the same player or as sucessful if he adopted a more careful approach.

Him constantly going for long pots (and getting most of them) put fear in his opponents, they knew even if they had the cue ball on the cushion Stephen could easily pot one and make a frame winning break from it.

The only time I think Hendry could have benefited from safety play was when his game started to decline a bit.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Just logging on for the night. To save me scrolling back, has there been as much talk about the sexuality and relationship status of tonights ref compared to that of last nights?

yea that is bang out of order its 2020 not the dark ages so lets cool it with that rubbish yea.

I wasn’t here last night. What happened? And do you mean to tell me there was trouble here NOT caused by me?

Somebody told a risque joke.

Half the forum didn't get it.

Some other halves didn't get it either. I told her the 50p one, she liked that, and the nun and the blind man. Made her laugh so I'm in her good books now, thank you SF

:goodpost:

Postby SnookerEd25

Ck147 wrote:Some other halves didn't get it either. I told her the 50p one, she liked that, and the nun and the blind man. Made her laugh so I'm in her good books now, thank you SF

SnookerFan is the Island's resident relationship counsellor <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Some other halves didn't get it either. I told her the 50p one, she liked that, and the nun and the blind man. Made her laugh so I'm in her good books now, thank you SF

Then why am I still single?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Then why am I still single?

Kenneth Williams played an un-married marriage gudiance counsellor in 'Carry On Loving'. So you're in good company. :spot on: