Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Last 16!!!!!

Postby Prop

Not looking good for Gilbert. He’s stuck in his seat watching Murph dish for 3-0 as a result of a really bad safety.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet1 wrote:Who is playing on table one tonight?

Judd Trump

not been confirmed which table his opponent Higgins will be playing on :-)

Postby SnookerEd25

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Who is playing on table one tonight?

Judd Trump

not been confirmed which table his opponent Higgins will be playing on :-)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby lhpirnie

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Yan Bingtao is great to watch, in my opinion. I think he could be the real thing. Great all-round game and still only 20 years old.

I Like players who play proper snooker and this kid at 20 has better shot selection than players older than him.

Remember he just Turned 20 so if he continues to grow hes the only player with a chance of becoming the Youngest World Champion.

Disagreed.

Ok who do you think has a chance of being the youngest World Champion then?

I was being tongue in cheek. I do agree with you though that out of the current players Yan has the best chance, but only a slim one IMO.

I don't see Hendry's record being broken for a very long time.

Yan Bingtao has until 2021 to beat Hendry's record, but yes it is extremely unlikely anyone will. It's much more difficult for young players now, especially Chinese lads who have to deal with a lot of things. There may be chances for players like Chang Bingyu, Gao Yang or Jiang Jun, who are even younger and might have an easier route in a few years' time when some of the current top players might be ageing. Of the British players Jackson Page is steadily improving, and of course there is Iulian Boiko and Ben Mertens from Europe.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:#TeamDave

Did Matthew Stevens not get high enough on the one year list?

29th!

Postby carayip

Thep misses a tough red down the rail but doesn’t leave a pot. Allen misses a tough red to middle but leaves a red over the pocket

Thep is in, pots a great pink but misses the next easier red. Leaves Allen in

Postby Prop

I don’t see a way back for Gilbert. He’s got to really up his game, or hope Murphy suddenly starts missing. Neither scenario seems likely.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:#TeamDave

Did Matthew Stevens not get high enough on the one year list?

of course not what a silly question