Post a reply

ManBetX Welsh Open Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 10th ~ Sunday 16th of February at The Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

So its Kyren Wilson going for his 4th Ranking title and Shaun Murphy going for no 9.

Theres not much to go on in matches between them with one best of 11 won by Shaun Murphy in the 2018 Players Championship.

So the Ray Reardon Trophy up for grabs will it be Kyren Wilson or will it be Shaun Murphy?

DRAW

Final

Kyren Wilson v Shaun Murphy

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Murphy leads 5-2
Main Tournaments Murphy leads 2-0
Multi Session Matches 1st Match
Finals 1st Match

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Final !!!

Postby HustleKing

Come on "if I'm too far behind, I'll just do punditry before the second session"

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Come on nobody

You cheering for yourself?

I’ll be cheering for you. I don’t think I’d attend if I had tickets

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Come on nobody

You cheering for yourself?

I’ll be cheering for you. I don’t think I’d attend if I had tickets

Part time fan.

Casual.

Postby Andre147

Might be a good Final if both produce their best, but TR is right, if Murphy plays his best, Kyren may not have it in him to win.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Awake early.

Storm Dennis has finally hit Cardiff.

Is he on a Golf Course?

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Awake early.

Storm Dennis has finally hit Cardiff.

Is he on a Golf Course?

He is wet and full of hot air.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 05 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

These players are Guaranteed to be in Llandudno for the Tour Championship

Judd Trump
Shaun Murphy
Neil Robertson
Mark Selby
Ding Junhui

so there are 3 places up for grabs

6 Mark Allen 150,500
7 Yan Bingtao 148,500
8 John Higgins 143,500
----------------------------------------------
9 Graeme Dott 136,250
10 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 130,500
11 Kyren Wilson 129,500
12 Stephen Maguire 122,000
13 Mark Williams 112,750
14 Joe Perry 110,000
15 David Gilbert 103,500
16 Ronnie O, Sullivan 97,000

With a Win today Kyren Wilson will move in to 6th spot Pushing John Higgins out. John Higgins hasent entered the Shoot Out so theres only 150,000 points available for him out of 200,000 maximum

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:These players are Guaranteed to be in Llandudno for the Tour Championship

Judd Trump
Shaun Murphy
Neil Robertson
Mark Selby
Ding Junhui

so there are 3 places up for grabs

6 Mark Allen 150,500
7 Yan Bingtao 148,500
8 John Higgins 143,500
----------------------------------------------
9 Graeme Dott 136,250
10 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 130,500
11 Kyren Wilson 129,500
12 Stephen Maguire 122,000
13 Mark Williams 112,750
14 Joe Perry 110,000
15 David Gilbert 103,500
16 Ronnie O, Sullivan 97,000

With a Win today Kyren Wilson will move in to 6th spot Pushing John Higgins out. John Higgins hasent entered the Shoot Out so theres only 150,000 points available for him out of 200,000 maximum

Looking at this leans me towards wanting Murphy to win. I feel so dirty

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I found Yan's style of play very hard to enjoy yesterday. I have not seen a great deal of him. Does he normally play that way or was it a tactic to disrupt Murphy's preferred style?

I've always found him a bit dull.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I found Yan's style of play very hard to enjoy yesterday. I have not seen a great deal of him. Does he normally play that way or was it a tactic to disrupt Murphy's preferred style?

I've always found him a bit dull.

And that's why Xintong is the best Chinese prospect. ;-)

Postby TheSaviour

It just must had been just this in Cardiff, did it.

Murphy´s basically better player, he just needs to get over those not getting a one rather difficult yet important cannon-effort correct at all - Joe Perry type of a mourning which lasts 5 upcoming frames and makes it all worst. Joe probably never can get over those yet with Murphy´s got some hope.

Kyren´s still not exactly any deadly but it doesn´t matter that much, because he´s Kyren.

Murphy´s basically better player than anyone.

But can he get over those??

A top, top. top quality-final no matter what might be spoken about.

Ronnie´s situation once again is rather interesting and probably slightly funny also; all he would require is to win a one of these tournament and that would step his authority once again, it would restore it! But without it, a gone case currently. I am stating that because yes, Judd´s playing really, really well (dodged) but without being the top dog in terms of current ability, and exactly the same with Neil Robertson. Just that Judd would be a comprehensive favourite to be a better player when they are about to meet once again. And yes, either of those "trains" are any threat Ronnie´s authority if Ronnie just finds a way to win a tournament. Everyone would be that yeah, now Ronnie is going to win five tournaments on the trot and will be dominating the Worlds also…

So who else there then could be? Murphy did oust Yan Bingtao who is a major threat. Staurt Bingham isn´t a major threat when the going get really tough and we need to read any given cannon. Neither is Graeme Dott, even when I do understand the different opinions regarding Graeme. Selby´s back of being a journeyman, in terms of modern consistent flawless-playing, which is the current trend. Ding would require 10 visits wo consistently to make it to happen, so nothing wrong with mentality, which is great prospects indeed.

The fans can argue about any given name but I am not going to participate.

So, an interesting times as far as I can see it, as Ronnie´s going to play the Shoot Out also! And interesting times also as Selby´s back of being a journeyman. How will Kleckers do in Watford, how will Reanne do there? We can forget those Ding versus Selby finals now.

If they can´t keep a promise of how does it work, is it really worth of going??

Just a usual highly arrogant attitude and they are bound to be just somewhere. Just in somewhere where..

A licence to kill, indeed. Those things are there. Actually. Still. Just step that authority, and stop arguing about the laws. So shocking, so shocking, so shocking that they have a licence to kill that it would require to be just somewhere without any given aims. Probably never going to understand the people like this. Yes, it is there, yes. Just enjoy the show.

Postby HappyCamper

he's usually more heavy scoring. he is in the top ten for centuries this season tied with bingham, and ding. (more than double zhao xintong as an aside).

there seems to be a pattern emerging though here and at the uk, where he seemed to go into his shell a bit when getting to big match on the main table. like versus higgins in the uk where he won but played quite negatively. might be the pressure, or confidence thing.