Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Snooker Shootout!!!!!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Tbh. The way ROS season gone so far I would say the most likely scenario would have been a first round defeat to Trump at the PC.

The two month break until the WC could work in his advantage. Wouldnt be the first time he wins a title after a longer break.

Completely different situation we have now compared to the last two years where he was winning so many tournaments and entered the WC as the top favourite.

I was more confident last 2 seasons though than this one.

Like I said, if he does reach one table setup, that's when I'll change my mind.

At the moment, I would give Higgins more of chance of reaching a 4th consecutive final than Ronnie reaching another.

Alex?

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:At the moment, I would give Higgins more of chance of reaching a 4th consecutive final than Ronnie reaching another.

Unless...it has been part of Ronnie's sinister plan all along to save himself for the Crucible...

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Tbh. The way ROS season gone so far I would say the most likely scenario would have been a first round defeat to Trump at the PC.

The two month break until the WC could work in his advantage. Wouldnt be the first time he wins a title after a longer break.

Completely different situation we have now compared to the last two years where he was winning so many tournaments and entered the WC as the top favourite.

At the moment, I would give Higgins more of chance of reaching a 4th consecutive final than Ronnie reaching another.

Alex?

John

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:At the moment, I would give Higgins more of chance of reaching a 4th consecutive final than Ronnie reaching another.

Please no

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Alex?

John

<ok>

Postby Prop

I dunno. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong or illogical with what you’re saying. Nobody can pick apart your prediction with any more or less legitimacy than in your own statement. But deep down we all know he’s not winning another. He’s just not, is he?

Postby carayip

Wildey wrote:
carayip wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mathematically Ronnie can still get to Llandudno if he wins in Gibralter and results going his way next week but realistically his next match will be at the Crucible

I asked that question and Prop answered he can't make it even if he wins Gibraltar, which he wont enter anyway i think.

Basically if Higgins loses to Dott next week he has a glimmer of hope but if Higgins beats Dott that's it

Should Higgins lost to Dott, Dott would have more money than ROS even with the Gibraltar title

Ronnie would be on £147,500 if he wins Gibralter and Dott on 146,250 with win over Higgins

Quarter final in PC is worth £15000

Postby TheRocket

statisticially this has probably been his worst season since 2010/2011. You can say 2016/2017 wasnt that great but he won the Masters and got to two ranking event finals + the CoC final that season.

Only the WC can save his current season now. But if he won it would suddenly become a fantastic season. Thats how important the WC is.
Last edited by TheRocket on 24 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby eraserhead

Anyway to find out who's playing when for players champs?

Want to get the prediction template up.

Postby Andre147

if it wasn't for that blunder forgetting the rules, Amiri could have knocked Holt out.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:statisticially this has probably been his worst season since 2010/2011. You can say 2016/2017 wasnt that great but he won the Masters and got to two ranking event finals + the CoC final that season.

Only the WC can save his current season now. But if he won it would suddenly become a fantastic season. Thats how important the WC is.

Yes it would. This season has been a strange one... He lost tight matches v top players which otherwise might have gone his way and would be sitting here with 1 or 2 ranking titles.

We shall see how he fares at The Crucible.

Postby Wildey

D4P wrote:

Agreed. Not playing in the PC will be much better for Ronnie than losing to Trump, and if he plays in the WC this season, he'll do so with less external pressure than he has felt for the past however many seasons.

Ronnie will have more pressure to salvage a disastrous campaign for him

Postby vodkadiet1

O'Sullivan got what he deserved for cheating. If he had declared the foul on himself he would have had a clear conscience. He brought bad Karma on himself. He must learn to stop cheating. Twice this has backfired on him.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
D4P wrote:

Agreed. Not playing in the PC will be much better for Ronnie than losing to Trump, and if he plays in the WC this season, he'll do so with less external pressure than he has felt for the past however many seasons.

It's way different to the previous 2 seasons, but I'll say I don't expect much, probably a Quarter-Final defeat or worst.

Postby D4P

Wildey wrote:Ronnie will have more pressure to salvage a disastrous campaign for him

Maybe, but that would be a different kind of pressure from the pressure of being the favorite to win. I'm still holding out belief that part of what Ronnie tried to accomplish this season was to arrive at the Crucible with 2-3 other players ahead of him on the favorites list...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie will have more pressure to salvage a disastrous campaign for him

Maybe, but that would be a different kind of pressure from the pressure of being the favorite to win. I'm still holding out belief that part of what Ronnie tried to accomplish this season was to arrive at the Crucible with 2-3 other players ahead of him on the favorites list...

No way he would have planned this, yes it's happened but that's just how it goes.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:
D4P wrote:

No way he would have planned this, yes it's happened but that's just how it goes.

He certainly must have planned (or at least, chosen) to play exhibition style snooker for much of this season...

Postby Prop

Wildey wrote:
D4P wrote:

Exactly. This idea of Ronnie being under less pressure than at some other point in recent history [insert season to support flawed argument] to win the Worlds is completely missing the point. He’ll always be under huge pressure to win another. Whether he’s had a great season, a crap one, or somewhere in between.
Last edited by Prop on 24 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
D4P wrote:

He certainly must have planned (or at least, chosen) to play exhibition style snooker for much of this season...

he did but he wasn't thinking of The Crucible, he just wasn't with the right mindset to play proper snooker.

Postby D4P

Prop wrote:Exactly. This idea of Ronnie being under less pressure than in some other point in recent history [insert season to support flawed argument] to win the Worlds is completely missing the point. He’ll always be under huge pressure to win another. Whether he’s had a great season, a crap one, or somewhere in between.

I am distinguishing between "pressure Ronnie feels to equal/pass Hendry's WC record" and "pressure Ronnie feels as the favorite to win the WC, because of having had a great season".

There's nothing Ronnie can do to decrease the first type of pressure, but he does have some degree of control over the second, and his season thus far has (arguably) served to reduce the second type of pressure...

Postby HappyCamper

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:That means Zhao doesnt qualify

Zhou too!

how

neither zhou nor zhao qualified for the players champ.

Postby HappyCamper

Wildey wrote:
carayip wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mathematically Ronnie can still get to Llandudno if he wins in Gibralter and results going his way next week but realistically his next match will be at the Crucible

I asked that question and Prop answered he can't make it even if he wins Gibraltar, which he wont enter anyway i think.

Basically if Higgins loses to Dott next week he has a glimmer of hope but if Higgins beats Dott that's it

Should Higgins lost to Dott, Dott would have more money than ROS even with the Gibraltar title

Ronnie would be on £147,500 if he wins Gibralter and Dott on 146,250 with win over Higgins

dott would be on 136,350 + 15,000 = 151,350 then, no?

Postby Andre147

Forget that, Ronnie won't even play Gibraltar lol.

His next match is at the World Championsips next April.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
D4P wrote:

Don't mean to shatter illusions but he just hasn't been good enough.

He has not chosen to lose - just not been good enough.

I am sure he will win in the future - maybe even a WC - but at the moment he is nowhere near top 8 standard let alone Robbo or Judd standard. Nobody goes into a snooker match choosing to lose.

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am sure he will win in the future - maybe even a WC - but at the moment he is nowhere near top 8 standard let alone Robbo or Judd standard. Nobody goes into a snooker match choosing to lose.

Sad thing is he's definitely a top 8 player even in this form.

Postby HustleKing

eraserhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am sure he will win in the future - maybe even a WC - but at the moment he is nowhere near top 8 standard let alone Robbo or Judd standard. Nobody goes into a snooker match choosing to lose.

Yeah, other than Neil and Judd, no one else is consistently much better than Ronnie this season

Postby D4P

There is a difference between "choosing to lose" and "not trying one's hardest to win".

Put another way, there is a difference between "playing in such a way that the probability of winning is 0" and "playing in such a way that the probability of winning is lower than it would be if you played in some other way".

Playing exhibition style snooker (in real snooker matches) isn't playing in order to maximize the chances of losing, but it also isn't playing in order to maximize the chances of winning, either.

Postby McManusFan

HustleKing wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

Yeah, other than Neil and Judd, no one else is consistently much better than Ronnie this season

Gilbert got to a final and two semis. I'm not saying he's a better player than Ronnie, but he has been much more consistenly good than him this season.

Shaun Murphy too.
Last edited by McManusFan on 24 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.