Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Snooker Shootout!!!!!

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:There's nothing I would change in the rules of proper snooker, but maybe something here at the Shoot-Out that has caught my eye and could be implemented in the game?

What about players lagging to see who breaks off first? Whoever wins has the choice like here in this tournament.

I'm saying this because at least it involves skill, unlike the coin toss which is merely down to sheer luck. What do you think?

The 'lag', of course, being originally implemented in billiards - where it was called 'stringing'.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:There's nothing I would change in the rules of proper snooker, but maybe something here at the Shoot-Out that has caught my eye and could be implemented in the game?

What about players lagging to see who breaks off first? Whoever wins has the choice like here in this tournament.

I'm saying this because at least it involves skill, unlike the coin toss which is merely down to sheer luck. What do you think?

The 'lag', of course, being originally implemented in billiards - where it was called 'stringing'.

I wouldn't be against lagging, but I don't think it makes a huge difference either way.

In the Shootout there's only one frame, so deciding who breaks off can make a difference. I think over multi-frame matches, you're really only deciding who has to break off in the odd frames and who breaks off in the even ones. I think a coin toss is fair enough there. In a one-frame match, bringing some degree of skill into it rather than just blind luck is a good idea.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Great knowledge. Stringing for the break... Yes i remember that

Postby The_Abbott

well done Holt. Wanted either him or Hamilton to win when it got to quarters

Didn't want McGill to win again

I enjoyed the Shootout. Its just a bit of fun with ranking points.