Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
McManusFan wrote:What a load of bullocks from Smurph!

If you are talking about what he said about the Crucible, he is right. The WC needs to be moved somewhere else.

Buck that.

As Willo put it, the Crucible is a s.hithole

You are.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

If you are talking about what he said about the Crucible, he is right. The WC needs to be moved somewhere else.

Buck that.

You are.

Deep down you know I am right Andre. It is to crammed in there and the audience is too close to the players.
Plus when they drop that stupid wall between the 2 tables, it looks like crap and you can't even see one part of the table.
Apart from the historical heritage, there is nothing special about it.

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:If you are talking about what he said about the Crucible, he is right. The WC needs to be moved somewhere else.

Buck that.

You are.

Deep down you know I am right Andre. It is to crammed in there and the audience is too close to the players.
Plus when they drop that stupid wall between the 2 tables, it looks like crap and you can't even see one part of the table.
Apart from the historical heritage, there is nothing special about it.

Have you been there?

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Why is Murphy talking about the WC and the Crucible after winning a Welsh Open quarter final match? Did the interviewer ask him?

He did yes, and he gave an honest answer.

its good he did. I'm a fan of the Crucible but what I dont like is when people portray it as some sort of holy untouchable place.

Its simply impossible to say "there isnt a better place than the Crucible" if we have never even tried something else to see if its a valid point.

I've been to countless other venues. The Crucible is the best.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Why is Murphy talking about the WC and the Crucible after winning a Welsh Open quarter final match? Did the interviewer ask him?

its good he did. I'm a fan of the Crucible but what I dont like is when people portray it as some sort of holy untouchable place.

Its simply impossible to say "there isnt a better place than the Crucible" if we have never even tried something else to see if its a valid point.

But we havent seen the World Championship being played in those other venues. Imagine a bo35 match under a Masters type of atmosphere.

Postby Andre147

Never been to The Crucible myself, but like any other player, it's my dream as a referee to one day ref there.

That's all I have to say about it.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

But we havent seen the World Championship being played in those other venues. Imagine a bo35 match under a Masters type of atmosphere.

You've never been to The Crucible, have you?

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I've been to countless other venues. The Crucible is the best.

Ricoh Arena looks a million times better.

rofl

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The 2007 Masters final was the worst atmosphere I’ve experienced in snooker. The Masters can be great atmosphere-wise. It can be dreadful too. No thanks.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 14 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Everybody who says that has never been to The Crucible. Except Murphy. Who has literally never talked sense in his entire life.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I've been to countless other venues. The Crucible is the best.

Ricoh Arena looks a million times better.

Which venues have you ever been to live?

Postby Alex0paul

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Buck that.

Idiot

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:Never been to The Crucible myself, but like any other player, it's my dream as a referee to one day ref there.

That's all I have to say about it.

I haven't either, would love to go, maybe next year, but can understand the arguments from the other side, things evolve, better facilities, better VIP, more money will benefit snooker in the long run.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Everybody who says that has never been to The Crucible. Except Murphy. Who has literally never talked sense in his entire life.

What about Williams then who called the Crucible a shithole. The dude is a 3 time World Champ. As you can see. Tastes are different. Not everybody agrees with the Crucible being the ultimate venue.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

What about Williams then who called the Crucible a shithole. The dude is a 3 time World Champ. As you can see. Tastes are different. Not everybody agrees with the Crucible being the ultimate venue.

You’ll never get 100% agreement on anything. The Crucible is probably as close as you’ll get to that in life.

And with respect, Mark Williams did a press conference naked.

Postby Andre147

Most players agree the 2 table setup can feel cramped, but once it gets down to one table it's the best place in the world to play. I can imagine to ref there.

Postby Alex0paul

I’ve been to Wembley Stadium, Nou Camp, Centre Court at Wimbledon, Old Trafford and the Crucible theatre destroys them all

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:Most players agree the 2 table setup can feel cramped, but once it gets down to one table it's the best place in the world to play. I can imagine to ref there.

Hope you get to Andre, really do, got a few years before it moves, and I think it will, they're a business at the end of the day and will be looking to make as much money as they can in a venue that can accommodate all the vip/corporate stuff.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Alex0paul wrote:I’ve been to Wembley Stadium, Nou Camp, Centre Court at Wimbledon, Old Trafford and the Crucible theatre destroys them all

Get real, there;s no way the Crucible can compare to those other venues u mentioned. :stupid:
I'm gonna buy tickets for next year.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:I’ve been to Wembley Stadium, Nou Camp, Centre Court at Wimbledon, Old Trafford and the Crucible theatre destroys them all

I've watched football at Wembley old and new. Not even close.

Rugby at Twickenham. Not even close.

Boxing at the Millennium Stadium stadium. Not even close.

Several snooker venues up and down the country, including the Ally Pally, The Ricoh Arena, York Barbican and the Ally Pally. Not even close.

Postby HustleKing

While I like the WC to be played at least once in the next 100 years abroad, at least as a comparing experiment, I get that that is unlikely to happen. However, the interiors within the Crucible could definitely do with renovation and expansion to reduce the narrow, cramped factor of the venue for a WC (although I'm okay with the current attendance capacity)

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:

I've watched football at Wembley old and new. Not even close.

Rugby at Twickenham. Not even close.

Boxing at the Millennium Stadium stadium. Not even close.

Several snooker venues up and down the country, including the Ally Pally, The Ricoh Arena, York Barbican and the Ally Pally. Not even close.

Exactly

Postby Ck147

Not sure about that, been to a couple of those and been great, not sure it's a fair comparison, seems apples and oranges to me.

Postby HustleKing

barrysnookerfan1985 wrote:time for Higgins to retire

Time for you to become a Buddhist and calm your angry thoughts