Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Quarter-Finals !!!

Postby lhpirnie

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Yan / Ronnie final?

Yan was 1 frame away from becoming the youngest ever winner of a ranker surpassing ROS of course. Would be nice.

When Yan reached the semi-final of the UK, Ronnie O'Sullivan said he was 'uninspiring'. I wonder what Yan's response to that will be, when they next play. I was certainly inspired by the way he beat Bingham.

Postby Andre147

lhpirnie wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yan was 1 frame away from becoming the youngest ever winner of a ranker surpassing ROS of course. Would be nice.

When Yan reached the semi-final of the UK, Ronnie O'Sullivan said he was 'uninspiring'. I wonder what Yan's response to that will be, when they next play. I was certainly inspired by the way he beat Bingham.

Bingtao is the best of the young chinese, certainly the more complete player.

He's not flashy like Xintong but he doesnt need to be.

Postby TheRocket

Selby by far has the worst record against Trump you have to say from the topplayers. Which is quite strange.

He hasnt beaten Trump in a bo11 or above in 5 attempts. And most of the defeats he suffered against Trump were not even close matches.
Last edited by TheRocket on 14 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

I remember that the final. Everybody was crapping themselves.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Bingtao is the best of the young chinese

Nope, Xintong is.

Andre147 wrote:certainly the more complete player.

That I agree with.

Andre147 wrote: He's not flashy like Xintong but he doesnt need to be.

Yes he does. That's why he hate the likes of Selbo and love the likes of ROS and Trump. :win:
Xintong is a flair player and has the making of a people's champion. :hatoff:

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I remember that the final. Everybody was crapping themselves.

I'm glad that never happened. I'd love for ROS to keep that record forever. :win:

Postby Andre147

Sorry Johnny but thata deluded... Bingtao has already reached a ranking event final, best of 17 and one frame away from becoming youngest ever winner of a ranker.

He won the Riga Masters this season also. Xintong hasnt done anything yet.

He's more talented, but talent alone takes you nowhere. You just have to look at Lisowski.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Sorry Johnny but thata deluded... Bingtao has already reached a ranking event final, best of 17 and one frame away from becoming youngest ever winner of a ranker.

He's more talented, but talent alone takes you nowhere. You just have to look at Lisowski.

Oh but I do look at Lisowski ;-)

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Sorry Johnny but thata deluded... Bingtao has already reached a ranking event final, best of 17 and one frame away from becoming youngest ever winner of a ranker.

That's all that matters to me. For me, the best player between 2 players is the one with the higher peak, regardless of what he wins/achieves.

Postby Andre147

Then someone like Jack Lisowski must be one of the best players ever according to you?

He's one of the best talents after all...

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Then someone like Jack Lisowski must be one of the best players ever according to you?

He's one of the best talents after all...

I said higher peak, not talent. If Jack's peak would be among the best, then yes, I'd consider him among the best ever.
Ming you, being the best is not the same with being the greatness. That stems from achievements and impact on the game. ;-)

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:

That's all that matters to me. For me, the best player between 2 players is the one with the higher peak, regardless of what he wins/achieves.

Brexit logic in a snooker context.

Postby Dan-cat

Greg Córdoba also spelled Cordova in English, is a city in Andalusia, southern Spain, and the capital of the province of Córdoba. It was a Roman settlement, taken over by the Visigoths, followed by the Muslim conquests in the eighth century and later becoming an imperial city under the Caliphate of Córdoba. The city served as the capital in exile of the Umayyad Caliphate, the Almohad and various other emirates. During these Muslim periods, Córdoba was transformed into a world leading center of education and learning, producing notable figures such as Averroes, Ibn Hazm, and Al-Zahrawi, and by the 10th century it had grown to be the second-largest city in Europe. It was conquered by the Kingdom of Castile through the Christian Reconquista in 1236.

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:Greg Córdoba also spelled Cordova in English, is a city in Andalusia, southern Spain, and the capital of the province of Córdoba. It was a Roman settlement, taken over by the Visigoths, followed by the Muslim conquests in the eighth century and later becoming an imperial city under the Caliphate of Córdoba. The city served as the capital in exile of the Umayyad Caliphate, the Almohad and various other emirates. During these Muslim periods, Córdoba was transformed into a world leading center of education and learning, producing notable figures such as Averroes, Ibn Hazm, and Al-Zahrawi, and by the 10th century it had grown to be the second-largest city in Europe. It was conquered by the Kingdom of Castile through the Christian Reconquista in 1236.

Bit of a mouthful. I imagine he needs a special extra large passport.

Postby TheRocket

If Bingtao had won the NI Open in 2017 it would have been an impressive feat but Ronnies record stands on his own.

17 year old ROS won the multi session UK and beat players like McManus,Davis, Doherty and (prime) Hendry along the way. Much more impressive than Bingtaos run to the final in the NI 2017 and a possible title run (had he beaten Williams).

Only a teenager winning the World title can top ROS 1993 UK's win.