Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Final !!!!!

Postby McManusFan

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:No Hot Shots? Or did I miss them?

Coverage was poor this week. Yes the comms are mostly great, but no interviews, and no hot shots.

Yeah, it's funny how they've really cut down on studio time. Shame about no Hot Shots, I always enjoy having that song stuck in my head after every ITV tournament.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Yes Dott not had much luck in the players he faced in ranking event finals but that's the way it goes. If he carries on like this we'll see him lift another title soon I think.

And Robertson on a purple patch just like last season. the Welsh Open next week might be a bit too much for him though as he may need a rest.

He's won 2 rankers in his entire career. That's all that faith has written for him. As he himself admitted in the post match interview, that's one every 14 years.
He got very lucky in winning 1 WC. He's up there with Joe Johnson as far as I'm concerned.

Postby mick745

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Yes Dott not had much luck in the players he faced in ranking event finals but that's the way it goes. If he carries on like this we'll see him lift another title soon I think.

And Robertson on a purple patch just like last season. the Welsh Open next week might be a bit too much for him though as he may need a rest.

He's won 2 rankers in his entire career. That's all that faith has written for him. As he himself admitted in the post match interview, that's one every 14 years.
He got very lucky in winning 1 WC. He's up there with Joe Johnson as far as I'm concerned.

"Lucky"? He did beat both Neil Robertson and Ronnie O'Sullivan on his way to the title.

I am not sure you can ever win the WSC by "luck". Yes you can have a purple patch at exactly the right point (like Johnson) but that's not the same thing.

I think Dott would be the first to admit he is not as naturally gifted as say O'Sullivan, Robertson or Trump but he makes up for that with graft. I have the upmost respect for players like that.

Postby rekoons

Dammit!

I switched the TV off and went to bed at 9 - 5 with Robbo in amongst the balls, looking certain to claim victory <doh>

Tough luck for Dott... :-(

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Graeme has been unlucky in these finals. Lost to all time greats and not journeymen

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Graeme has been unlucky in these finals. Lost to all time greats and not journeymen

He lost to Ronnie in a Crucible final. Who, according to you, is the worst player to ever pick up a cue and has never potted a ball without it being a fluke.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm like the opposite of Pink Ball's rep. He's a diamond in real life.

This is bull rubbish.

Snooker Island is life.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm like the opposite of Pink Ball's rep. He's a diamond in real life.

This is bull rubbish.

Snooker Island is life.

I may have misread the signs, but are you trying to seduce me?

Am I succeeding?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

This is bull rubbish.

Snooker Island is life.

:goodpost: