Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Just seen that Alan lost, gutted. He's going to need some wins soon, he's falling down the rankings.

provisional 52nd on the end of year rankings. so he should be safe for next season at least.

Good to know. Still hoping for a repeat of 2016 at the crucible this year though!

That was an outstanding performance. 'I want some of what he's having!' Hendry said at the time

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:Robbos going down.

He’s getting LAIRY. And I like it.

its not very pretty i tell thee.

Walking through town is quite scary.

Once walked through Meanwood from Hyde Park towards Harehills after a Howard Marks gig at the Met, around 2001/2002. It was nightmarish.

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Just seen that Alan lost, gutted. He's going to need some wins soon, he's falling down the rankings.

provisional 52nd on the end of year rankings. so he should be safe for next season at least.

Good to know. Still hoping for a repeat of 2016 at the crucible this year though!

That was an outstanding performance. 'I want some of what he's having!' Hendry said at the time

Yeah, that quarter final against Higgins was brilliant. He even put up a good fight against peak Ding in the semis.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:
mantorok wrote:Robbos going down.

He’s getting LAIRY. And I like it.

its not very pretty i tell thee.

Walking through town is quite scary.

Once walked through Meanwood from Hyde Park towards Harehills after a Howard Marks gig at the Met, around 2001/2002. It was nightmarish.

Used to frequent Leeds.

Was it Little London I remember there?

Pretty welcoming.....

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Just switched to a BBC stream, and it's Terry bloody Griffiths! Get in!

The Dai Lama.

Eh? I think I'm missing something with that one.

Tezza is widely considered a snooker yoda. His coaching is mainly on the mental side.

The Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people and Buddhism, is also a samurai of the mind.

Dai is a classic Welsh name, the Welsh form of David.

Not mine, I can't take credit... Snookerbacker, well-known snooker blogger and twitter impresario coined that one a few years ago.

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Yeah, that quarter final against Higgins was brilliant. He even put up a good fight against peak Ding in the semis.

I was in LA at the time (show off) and could only really follow it on here

Postby Prop

FAO Baddy:

Don’t remember hearing of that. I was at the College of Music down Quarry Hill for a bit. Had a house in Harehills off Roseville rd. Interesting time.
Last edited by Prop on 11 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Prop you've another quote shocker there. <laugh>

Erm I kinda sorted it :)

Postby Badsnookerplayer

[quote="Prop"]FAO Baddy:

Don’t remember hearing of that. I was at the College of Music down Quarry Hill for a bit. Had a house in Harehills off Roseville rd. Interesting time.[quote]

Used to visit my girlfriend near Headingley.

Liked Leeds

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Prop wrote:FAO Baddy:

Don’t remember hearing of that. I was at the College of Music down Quarry Hill for a bit. Had a house in Harehills off Roseville rd. Interesting time.

Liked Leeds

Lolz at the quote. You got head in Headingly? :-D

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Baddy you're a handy player I want you to take Johnny on!
I think we would be quite even unless it was on a full sized table in which case I would give him a schooling

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Liked Leeds

Highly feasible. Full of game freshers.

[Insert legendary quote from Dazed and Confused]

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Liked Leeds

rofl :bj:

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Just switched to a BBC stream, and it's Terry bloody Griffiths! Get in!

The Dai Lama.

Eh? I think I'm missing something with that one.

Tezza is widely considered a snooker yoda. His coaching is mainly on the mental side.

The Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people and Buddhism, is also a samurai of the mind.

Dai is a classic Welsh name, the Welsh form of David.

Not mine, I can't take credit... Snookerbacker, well-known snooker blogger and twitter impresario coined that one a few years ago.

Ta, was the Dai bit that flummoxed me.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
I think we would be quite even unless it was on a full sized table in which case I would give him a schooling

I also play on a regular sized table. Jeez, where did this table stuff come about :?
Anyway, I'd mop the floor with you Baddy. :mosh: :-D

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:Robbo is all kinds of loose. Chatting to everybody

That’ll be the afterglow from the sesh :john:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I also play on a regular sized table. Jeez, where did this table stuff come about :?

Well thanks for the offer of joint cleaning duties, but we should just play snooker instead

Postby Prop

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

The real Johnny is back!