Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Welsh Open Last 128

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:started making a risotto,
just discovered i have no rice in the cupboard
<doh>

Sauce for dins then??

I just made roasted vegetables with pan-fried Mezula (white fish) with a lemon and butter sauce. YUM!

Trick to the sauce is to melt the butter for a good 6 - 8 minutes, it goes brown and nutty. A technique the French call a Beurre noisette. Fab. So easy too.

sounds delish.

luckily tesco had a bag of arborio in stock. having grilled salmon with a pea and lemon risotto.

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:Just seen that Alan lost, gutted. He's going to need some wins soon, he's falling down the rankings.

He talks such a good game too... so knowledgable. The tour's loss will be the commentary box's gain

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Just seen that Alan lost, gutted. He's going to need some wins soon, he's falling down the rankings.

He talks such a good game too... so knowledgable. The tour loss will be the commentary box's gain

True, but it's great to have a commentator that's still playing, it means he actually knows how everyone else is playing not to mention all the behind the scenes action.

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:What would also be cavalier if he screwed off for a toilet break and did his hair instead.

15 minute time out to straighten his hair :chuckle:

He'll bite his tip off later and use that as an excuse.

Postby HappyCamper

provisional 52nd on the end of year rankings. so he should be safe for next season at least.

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

He talks such a good game too... so knowledgable. The tour loss will be the commentary box's gain

True, but it's great to have a commentator that's still playing, it means he actually knows how everyone else is playing not to mention all the behind the scenes action.

This is true he's definitely in the gang. Murphy too, of course <runs off to hide>

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:Robbos going down.

He’s getting LAIRY. And I like it.

Postby McManusFan

HappyCamper wrote:

provisional 52nd on the end of year rankings. so he should be safe for next season at least.

Good to know. Still hoping for a repeat of 2016 at the crucible this year though!

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:

its not very pretty i tell thee.

Postby mantorok

HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:

its not very pretty i tell thee.

Walking through town is quite scary.

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Just switched to a BBC stream, and it's Terry bloody Griffiths! Get in!

The Dai Lama.

Eh? I think I'm missing something with that one.