Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Quarter Finals!!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
ImSnookered wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I don't think Sullivan has looked anywhere near sharp enough this year to win the World Championship.

Why do you continuously & deliberately spell O'Sullivan wrong? I'm genuinely curious.

I love the way he says Sullivan.

Please continue Pinks.

FFS, are you trying to rival Johnny Bravo or something?

Postby ImSnookered

Pink Ball wrote:
ImSnookered wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I don't think Sullivan has looked anywhere near sharp enough this year to win the World Championship.

Why do you continuously & deliberately spell O'Sullivan wrong? I'm genuinely curious.

Because I like to incite a reaction from morons.

Oh right, Let me know when you do.

Postby ImSnookered

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
ImSnookered wrote:

Ok.

I thought it was an Irish thing to say it that way. Apparently not.

I'm Irish, It's not. O'Sullivan is an Irish name if anything taking the O' from it makes it less Irish.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
ImSnookered wrote:

I love the way he says Sullivan.

Please continue Pinks.

FFS, are you trying to rival Johnny Bravo or something?

Johnny is on a league of his own.

Postby Prop

That’s good to hear, guys :) Thank you. I’d be lying if I said Pink Ball had never had me in stitches. I’m glad we’re both here.

Postby vodkadiet1

ImSnookered wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
ImSnookered wrote:

Ok.

I'm Irish, It's not. O'Sullivan is an Irish name if anything taking the O' from it makes it less Irish.

Sullivan and O'Sullivan are both Irish!
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 07 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

ImSnookered wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
ImSnookered wrote:

Ok.

What part of Ireland are you from? Because where I'm from, not using the 'O'' is very common.

Postby ImSnookered

.[/quote]
What part of Ireland are you from? Because where I'm from, not using the 'O'' is very common.[/quote]

Up North and that's fair enough then if that's the case, that's all you had to say, it was a genuine & innocent enough question, there was no need to start throwing out insults.

Postby Pink Ball

ImSnookered wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:What part of Ireland are you from? Because where I'm from, not using the 'O'' is very common.

Up North and that's fair enough then if that's the case, that's all you had to say, it was a genuine & innocent enough question, there was no need to start throwing out insults.

Jaysus, you're the first person I know from 'Up North' who identifies as Irish but refers to 'Up North' as 'Up North'.

It took me 51 years to reach this point.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Prop wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Prop wrote:So you’re saying a great player can be a great player, even a multiple world champion, without having to prove it with a massive century record, yes?

No, I'm not. I was only giving Davis a pass cause his stats are worse due to the conditions.
No massive century record means you're not an ATG.
Top 10 players of all time: ROS, Hendry, Higgins, Trump, Robbo, Selbo, Ding, Willo, Smurf, Davis.

Interesting list there, JB. Is that objectively in order of greatness? Or are you copy and pasting the all time century list in its place in order to mangle your square peg of an argument into the round hole of reality? If you did that by accident, no worries. If you’re genuinely rating a snooker player by the sole metric of century breaks... I think you should stick to pool.

I'm not only rating them based on centuries, but scoring power is the main asset a top player should possess. Look at Hendry for example. His safety and tactical game were average at best, yet he destroyed his opposition due to scoring power.
Plus that list is not in any particular order. And it also isn't an ordered list of the top century makers either.

That is a Myth he himself helped to put about.

Stephen Hendry safety game was much better than you think it was when he could be fussed to play any.

Theres a massive different between not having a safety game and deciding not to use it but when he used it he could compete with Steve Davis easily but his Potting and Breakbuilding was So Strong why bother..

To be ale to play good safety you need a pretty good Long Game and the safety play Hendry was playing in the last years of his career was poor because his long game was gone.

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Hoping the adrenaline of Dott’s win gets me through this shift

Come on Alex.

Thanks

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Have the feeling that Ronnies 37th ranker will be a "special" one. Either Shoot-Out or WC. Hoping for the latter obviously.

What's special about the Shoot-Out?

It's special alright...

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Have the feeling that Ronnies 37th ranker will be a "special" one. Either Shoot-Out or WC. Hoping for the latter obviously.

It operates under it's own variant rule set. A strict timer for shots is used, and matches last no more than a pre given time. Also all fouls result in ball in hand.

Another way in which it is special is the atmosphere and noise created by the crowd when players are on their shots. In contrast to the normal expected silence.

The dress code is also different as all players wear the same style of cheap ill fitting polo shirts.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:

Its a very unique tournament thats why. Bo1, shotclock, a crowd like during the Darts world championship.

it certainly would be memorable and more than funny if Ronnie was to break the ranking event record there. But I'd prefer the World Championship. No doubt about that.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Its a very unique tournament thats why. Bo1, shotclock, a crowd like during the Darts world championship.

it certainly would be memorable and more than funny if Ronnie was to break the ranking event record there. But I'd prefer the World Championship. No doubt about that.

If anything, it was be anticlimactic if that was the one he won to break the record.

Every time a snooker player takes a dump it's more deserving of being a ranking event than the Shoot-Out is.

Postby hendry_fan

So The Wizard of of Wishaw takes on the Warrior this afternoon.

And Robbos playing against one of his freinds.

Care to join me in the SI commie box this afternoon Sir Dan_ :cat: ? :chin: :happy: :-D

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:So The Wizard of of Wishaw takes on the Warrior this afternoon.

Care to join me in the SI commie box this afternoon Sir Dan_ :cat: ? :chin: :happy: :-D

Ah, Sir HendryFan of Scotlandshire, good afternoon.

I have to nip out for an hour but I shall be back and will hop in that box with you!

Dan

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:So The Wizard of of Wishaw takes on the Warrior this afternoon.

Ah, Sir HendryFan of Scotlandshire, good afternoon.

I have to nip out for an hour but I shall be back and will hop in that box with you!

Dan

OHHH!,I didnae expect that!,hmm,wtf am i gonna do now :chin:,i,m actually shattered,i,ve had a hard week,was wantin to put my feet up.(where,s the bl**dy yawn smiley!). :roll: <laugh>