Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Last 32!!!!!

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:It does snake hiss me off a bit that Stevens didn't beat Murphy in 2005. He was a really exciting player, and a nice-if-wreckless fella.

I don’t think Murphy would be a top 16 player now if not for that victory.

Ah he would. It pains me to admit it, but he has been a very good player.

I’m really not so sure. That WC gave him belief that he really was one of the best in the world and I think that early injection of confidence (not to mention the top 16 seeding at poor Ian McCulloch’s expense!) propelled him to where he is today.

If you analyse his game, his long potting is excellent (but interestingly, not very good at all on a single ball to win a frame), his breakbuilding is good and I would say slightly overrated (Allen who I’d say is top end of second-tier is about 60 centuries behind him and is 4 years younger and Bingham whose first 15 years on tour were basically negligible is also 60 behind), his safety is average, his finesse/touch is poor and his tactical nous non-existent.

He might be one of those who hovered in/out of the 16 and possibly a couple of rankers. But I honestly don’t understand how he’s a TC winner with the game he has.

Postby Ck147

Jill Douglas looking lovely tonight

Not sure about Hendry's choice of attire, brown jacket, brown shirt, brown tie, wonder if he has brown socks, pants and shoes on as well.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:Jill Douglas looking lovely tonight

Not sure about Hendry's choice of attire, brown jacket, brown shirt, brown tie, wonder if he has brown socks, pants and shoes on as well.

He was in all white before having to watch that match.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Question: can you snooker behind a free ball if your nomination hits a cushion?

How so? Dont understand your question

Doesn’t matter, HappyCamper’s answered it <ok>

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Jill Douglas looking lovely tonight

He was in all white before having to watch that match.

:lol:

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Iranu wrote:Question: can you snooker behind a free ball if your nomination hits a cushion?

i don't think so. think this happened in the china championship in a john higgins match. and the ref called a foul. higgins queried it and big jan had to come and clarify the rules.

Ah yeah I remember.

If I remember correctly, Higgins had actually played to pot the pink and it came off the jaw and snookered the cue ball on the ball on.

Jan came out to clarify that it was a foul but not a miss I think? Or that it was a 4 point foul.

Yes this answers it.

Postby Ck147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:spencer v reardon on itv now. fantastic.

And people think the crowd are close to the table at the Crucible.

They could actually touch the players, thought I saw Alex Higgins in the front

Postby Ck147

Cloud Strife wrote:Snooker's ran past the alloted schedule, unfortunately. I hope they still show Sudden Death after it's finished.

You're in luck, it's just started

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:spencer v reardon on itv now. fantastic.

And people think the crowd are close to the table at the Crucible.

They could actually touch the players, thought I saw Alex Higgins in the front

He was there, Jill confirmed it.

Imagine if there was that much crowd noise in a modern tournament rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Ck147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Snooker's ran past the alloted schedule, unfortunately. I hope they still show Sudden Death after it's finished.

Watching it now. Love a bit of JCVD.

Postby Ck147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I wasn't going to watch it, but can't turn it off now!!! Haven't watched any of his films for years

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:Matt Selt and Tom Ford don’t like each other. Grudge match incoming.

wish i could fund the full version of this little tete a tete from the championship league.
https://youtu.be/rbgUtSL5lZo?t=1225

“Don’t speak to me again” rofl

I was never clear on what Ford did to snake hiss Selt off in that match. Was he being overly negative or something?

Postby Alex0paul

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnies half has opened up

No allen, selby or murphy till the final.

But he will find a way to buck it up

Fingers crossed

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

wish i could fund the full version of this little tete a tete from the championship league.

I was never clear on what Ford did to snake hiss Selt off in that match. Was he being overly negative or something?

Yeah Selt had the blue frog because he thought Ford was being too negative. It was proper handbags.

I wonder if they've made up?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Yeah Selt had the blue frog because he thought Ford was being too negative. It was proper handbags.

I wonder if they've made up?

Surely not?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ck147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I wasn't going to watch it, but can't turn it off now!!! Haven't watched any of his films for years

Have you seen him in Gaylords Say No?

Postby Ck147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Have you seen him in Gaylords Say No?

No, is it any good?