Post a reply

Re: Coral World Grand Prix Last 32!!!!!

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:Is Ronnie playing kamikaze style...?

Nah. Took a minute to play a shot when he could have played a (dangerous) long straightish red from on the baulk cushion.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Image

Hehehe. I'm a gold member. Dinner with Yatesy once a year. Alphabet soup!

rofl

You’d exhaust a tin of alphabet soup just writing one of Yates’ sentences.

Postby mantorok

I'm not sure who did the setup and production for the masters but they need to watch this so they know what the table is supposed to look like on TV.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:I'm not sure who did the setup and production for the masters but they need to watch this so they know what the table is supposed to look like on TV.

rofl

<ok>

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:
D4P wrote:Is Ronnie playing kamikaze style...?

Nah. Took a minute to play a shot when he could have played a (dangerous) long straightish red from on the baulk cushion.

Then again he just took on a stupid double rofl <doh>

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Big fluke for Gilbert. :irk:

Ronnie deserved it after that double though lol

Yeah ridiculous shot.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah ridiculous shot.

One thing I will say is I think he played it with a bit of safety in mind, but he got nowhere near the jaws so the red went up with the white.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah ridiculous shot.

One thing I will say is I think he played it with a bit of safety in mind, but he got nowhere near the jaws so the red went up with the white.

You're asking for trouble with a shot like that... because even if the cue ball is safe, you have no idea where the red lands.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:One thing I will say is I think he played it with a bit of safety in mind, but he got nowhere near the jaws so the red went up with the white.

You're asking for trouble with a shot like that... because even if the cue ball is safe, you have no idea where the red lands.

Oh yeah totally, as I said at the time it was a stupid shot. But if the red had jawed it would have stayed in the bottom half and the white was behind the colours.

In some ways the worst thing wasn’t the shot itself, but how little time he took over it to get it right.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:I'm not sure who did the setup and production for the masters but they need to watch this so they know what the table is supposed to look like on TV.

rofl

<ok>

As always the ITV snooker production - looking and sounding great.

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:Sometimes it looks like Ronnie's taking it seriously, then he plays a div shot and throws the frame away... Bit strange.

I often wonder if he gets a vibe off his opponent that he's not going to beat him and maybe gets a little complacent.

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Sometimes it looks like Ronnie's taking it seriously, then he plays a div shot and throws the frame away... Bit strange.

I often wonder if he gets a vibe off his opponent that he's not going to beat him and maybe gets a little complacent.

He definitely does in the first couple of rounds in the Home Nations. Without a doubt.