Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Semi Finals: Shaun Murphy v Ali Carter

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Have to be honest im flabbergasted by the moaning regarding the masters yea ive seen better no doubt yea there's been great matches down the years but ffs its great to have a reminder sometimes how bucking difficult Snooker is to play and id love to see any of you doing better.

What a load of rubbish.

I like scrappy snooker within reason — and when the match is tight. Scrappy and one-sided snooker is the game at its worst. Simple as.

You’re acting like every match has been a right good contest. That’s been far from the case.

I Didnt say that but honest to god who bucking cares. jesus the way you lot go on im amazed snooker even survived the 80s.

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I scoffed at the start of the tournament when Ronnie said Carter might win.

You'll never scoff at Ronnie again.

Well, I probably will.

With Ronnie, it's a fair bet that he will say something stupid at some point in his life.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:Have to be honest im flabbergasted by the moaning regarding the masters yea ive seen better no doubt yea there's been great matches down the years but ffs its great to have a reminder sometimes how bucking difficult Snooker is to play and id love to see any of you doing better.

What a load of rubbish.

I like scrappy snooker within reason — and when the match is tight. Scrappy and one-sided snooker is the game at its worst. Simple as.

You’re acting like every match has been a right good contest. That’s been far from the case.

I Didnt say that but honest to god who bucking cares. jesus the way you lot go on im amazed snooker even survived the 80s.

The year is 2020. Nobody gives a rubbish about the 80s anymore. Things move on all the time. What was popular then won't necessarily be popular now. That's a fact.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

What a load of rubbish.

The year is 2020. Nobody gives a rubbish about the 80s anymore. Things move on all the time. What was popular then won't necessarily be popular now. That's a fact.

Snooker hasent changed its the same game you either embrace it all or you moan like a old git about nothing.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

What a load of rubbish.

Snooker hasent changed its the same game you either embrace it all or you moan like a old git about nothing.

That's fine. I just don't understand why you always bring up the 80s whenever someone criticizes snooker in the here and now.

Postby Holden Chinaski

When a player completely dominates another player, like Ronnie often does, Wild moans and says it's boring to watch. So why don't you just embrace the snooker then, Wild? Don't moan then. Hendry dominated his opponents as well.

Postby Holden Chinaski

When a player completely dominates another player, like Ronnie often does, Wild moans and says it's boring to watch. So why don't you just embrace the snooker then, Wild? Don't moan then. Hendry dominated his opponents as well.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
That's fine. I just don't understand why you always bring up the 80s whenever someone criticizes snooker in the here and now.

Because thats when i started watching snooker and i find it extremely sad that people Moan about standards of play all the bucking time its monotonous and extremely boring every few events WHO THE buck CARES PEOPLE ITS SNOOKER

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Because thats when i started watching snooker and i find it extremely sad that people Moan about standards of play all the bucking time its monotonous and extremely boring every few events WHO THE buck CARES PEOPLE ITS SNOOKER

You may have started watching snooker then, but plenty others did not, so why keep bringing up 80s? I just don't understand it. Nostalgia is not always a good thing, you know.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:When a player completely dominates another player, like Ronnie often does, Wild moans and says it's boring to watch. So why don't you just embrace the snooker then, Wild? Don't moan then. Hendry dominated his opponents as well.

Ive never said that i find broken play more exciting as a Neutral of course id love to see my fave going through players like a knife through butter thats human nature but from a neutral point of view i hate seeing players win easy yea there's been a few one sided matches this week score wise however frames could go either way they just gone wrong way to make matches close unfortunately