Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters 1st Round: Mark Williams v Stuart Bingha

Postby The Jester from Leicester

Scooper wrote:
The Jester from Leicester wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Will this be the last time we see MJW at the Masters?

I reckon so.

Why?

He's playing so poorly and he clearly isn't interested in the game anymore. Combine that with the fact that he's 45 this year and I think that will probably be reason enough for him to pack it in.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:What a rubbish tournament this has been. Shocks are fine, but the only decent matches were Selby-Carter and Maguire-Robertson.

It’s been really bad. Standard’s been generally poor and few close matches.

Postby Scooper

Scooper wrote:

I reckon so.

Why?

He's playing so poorly and he clearly isn't interested in the game anymore. Combine that with the fact that he's 45 this year and I think that will probably be reason enough for him to pack it in.

But he’s #2 and his missus won’t let him

Postby Iranu

Scooper wrote:

I reckon so.

Why?

As long as he’s earning good money, which he is, why would he quit? He was in a ranking final a few months.

He’s gone way longer playing way worse than he is right now.

Just needs to get the hunger back and commit to practising.

Postby HustleKing

The Jester from Leicester wrote:Only 8 centuries made so far, 6 of which were made by players who are no longer in the tournament.

What about the safety success rates - another indicator of tournament quality?

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
The Jester from Leicester wrote:Only 8 centuries made so far, 6 of which were made by players who are no longer in the tournament.

Yeah - that is remarkable

Not that surprising considering Ronnie did not enter. That's bound to have affected the century count.

Postby D4P

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Not that surprising considering Ronnie did not enter. That's bound to have affected the century count.

Plus, the players have had to get used to the square table, which has probably thrown them off a bit...

Postby Cloud Strife

D4P wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Plus, the players have had to get used to the square table, which has probably thrown them off a bit...

Is this why Ronnie didn't enter? Coz he didn't want to play on a square table?

Postby sundaygirl

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

It’s very upsetting to me that Ronnie doesn’t care about the koalas and the wallabies :(

Postby D4P

Williams: Following his loss to Englishman Bingham, he added: "I missed a lot of easy balls. I was poor - how the hell am I number two in the world I don't know because if you'd seen the UK and this one, this wasn't as bad as the UK, but it wasn't great."

Stupid ranking system...

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:

Shocking.

Robbo won't mind