Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters 1st Round: Mark Allen v David Gilbert

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Imagine calling a tournament 'The Masters' when the first four quarter finalists are Joe Perry, Ali Carter, Stephen Maguire and David Gilbert.

It’s almost as if each match has two potential winners.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Imagine calling a tournament 'The Masters' when the first four quarter finalists are Joe Perry, Ali Carter, Stephen Maguire and David Gilbert.

It's almost as if they invite the best players in the world, and then invite a few fellas who are decent but underwhelming, and then give them a best-of-11 format that gives them a chance against the best players.

Postby Goldenballs147

Just listening to the post match interview there and Gilbert talking about Steve Feeney and Sight Right. Was there ever anything said about O’Sullivan not working with Steve anymore? I assume he doesn’t as it’s never mentioned now, and Steve is never in the crowd when O’Sullivan has made finals like he was, but at one point O’Sullivan was really into it and then it seemed to just fizzle out.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

It's almost as if they invite the best players in the world, and then invite a few fellas who are decent but underwhelming, and then give them a best-of-11 format that gives them a chance against the best players.

Yeah, it’s not like tonight’s winner beat a three-time world champion over three sessions six months ago or anything. He could only have won today over bo11.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

Well exactly.

It's the top 16 in the world. (Well, top 15 and Ali Carter.)

Why are we acting like these guys knocking out top players proves they're not amongst the best?

They're in the Quarter finals BECAUSE they're top players. Maybe not marquee, but they've proved their right to be there.

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking about Tim Davison, did anybody see last night's cacky episode of Dr. Who?

Not yet, I’ll probably watch it after the snooker.

Chibnall could well end up killing the series.

Watching now.

Pray for Iranu.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking about Tim Davison, did anybody see last night's cacky episode of Dr. Who?

Not yet, I’ll probably watch it after the snooker.

Chibnall could well end up killing the series.

Watching now.

Pray for Iranu.

<ok>

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yeah, it’s not like tonight’s winner beat a three-time world champion over three sessions six months ago or anything. He could only have won today over bo11.

yeah it's silly to suggest what Pinks is saying.

Best of 11 is a proper format, always has been for The Masters. In the old days it even used to be Best of 9.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:How many years will Pinkball be posting before he grasps the difficult concept that watching The Masters isn't compulsory?

has a love/hate relationship with the tournament. He doesn't like it one bit, but he can't unwatch it either.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

yeah it's silly to suggest what Pinks is saying.

Best of 11 is a proper format, always has been for The Masters. In the old days it even used to be Best of 9.

I agree with Pink Ball. The Masters died this year when Ronnie O'Sullivan decided not to enter.

The Tour Championship has only been going one year and is already a million times better than this farce. I can definitely see the TC becoming the second most prestigious tournament on British soil in years to come.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:How many years will Pinkball be posting before he grasps the difficult concept that watching The Masters isn't compulsory?

I love watching the Masters because I love snooker. I also think the Masters is better than most tournaments. I just think the format doesn't justify the amout of jizz it attracts.

How many more years will it be before you hammers accept that?

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:

has a love/hate relationship with the tournament. He doesn't like it one bit, but he can't unwatch it either.

When have I ever said that I 'don't like it one bit'? It's snooker. Of course I love it. I'd watch two apples playing snooker and I'd love it.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

When have I ever said that I 'don't like it one bit'? It's snooker. Of course I love it. I'd watch two apples playing snooker and I'd love it.

Which apple do you think would win out a Granny Smith and a Pink Lady?

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Which apple do you think would win out a Granny Smith and a Pink Lady?

I don't know, but both would beat Luca.

Postby SnookerEd25

Pink Ball wrote:

I love watching the Masters because I love snooker. I also think the Masters is better than most tournaments. I just think the format doesn't justify the amout of jizz it attracts.

How many more years will it be before you hammers accept that?

Couldn't have put it better myself. :clap:

I'll watch any snooker going; i won't watch the shootout or 6 reds because, for me, they're not snooker.

Postby SnookerEd25

I love all forms of pool, billiards, pin billiards; pretty much any table sport i've come across. I just think that snooker is perfect, and doesn't need 'jazzing up'.