Post a reply

19.com Scottish Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 9th ~ Sunday 15th of December at Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Not the semi final line up we was expecting but probably over the last decade Jack Lisowski and Dave Gilbert are the best two players never to win a Ranking event and the only top 16 players currently without a tournament win can one of them end that drought in the last tournament of the decade.

Also in the semi final is Player of the Decade Mark Selby having won 15 Ranking tournaments that includes 3 World Titles in the last 9 years can he pick up another before the decade is out and finishing off the line up is Defending Champion Mark Allen.

Who will reach the Final?

DRAW

Semi Finals

Mark Allen v Jack Lisowski Lisowski leads 4-1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Selby v David Gilbert Selby leads 7-3

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: 19.com Scottish Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby D4P

I think the "Player of the 2010s Decade" designation is up for debate.

Selby: 15 rankers, 2 invitationals, 7 triple crowns (2 UK, 2 Masters, 3 WC), 8 additional major final appearances

Ronnie: 14 rankers, 8 invitationals, 8 triple crowns (3 UK, 3 Masters, 2 WC), 12 additional major final appearances

22 major victories in 34 finals for Ronnie vs. 17 victories in 25 finals for Selby.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Selby defined the 2010s - what a player and what a gentleman.

The second best player was Neil Robertson

Judd lags sadly behind in third

Higgins probably deserves a shout

Don't think Selby has defined the decade the same way Davis/Hendry defined the 80s/90s. Not as clear cut since the turn of the century.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie O'Sullivan next outing on Tour will be the World Grand Prix in early February (if he enters). He should be able to hang on to the top 32 in the one year list to get in to that currently 17th with the European Masters and German Masters to come as counting events.

What it means though Top 16 on the one year list could be drawn against Ronnie.

Could have Judd Tump v Ronnie O'Sulivan in the last 32

However by the time of the World Grand Prix the top 16 on that one year list would have opened a gap that Ronnie would need to close to get in to the Players Championship.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:I think the "Player of the 2010s Decade" designation is up for debate.

Selby: 15 rankers, 2 invitationals, 7 triple crowns (2 UK, 2 Masters, 3 WC), 8 additional major final appearances

Ronnie: 14 rankers, 8 invitationals, 8 triple crowns (3 UK, 3 Masters, 2 WC), 12 additional major final appearances

22 major victories in 34 finals for Ronnie vs. 17 victories in 25 finals for Selby.

Absolutely, it's certainly a very close call between Selby and ROS.

Postby GeF

So it is Mark Allen v Jack Lisowski afternoon, Mark Selby v David Gilbert on evening.
When the expected Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan takes place ?

Postby SnookerFan

GeF wrote:So it is Mark Allen v Jack Lisowski afternoon, Mark Selby v David Gilbert on evening.
When the expected Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan takes place ?

Not at The Masters.

Postby Dan-cat

D4P wrote:I think the "Player of the 2010s Decade" designation is up for debate.

Wildey on the wind up.

Postby Alex0paul

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm skipping this for Birmingham City vs West Brom.

Disgrace

Tbf I am missing it for Argyle v Morecambe

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm skipping this for Birmingham City vs West Brom.

Disgrace

Tbf I am missing it for Argyle v Morecambe

Well, it's not tennis, but I assume it will still affect the players.

Postby Iranu

Gilbert pots a fantastic long pink but calls a push shot on himself. Selby with a chance for the frame now.