Post a reply

Re: 19.com Scottish Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Satch4

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Hopefully a Selby Allen final otherwise it's a bit grim.

Jack vs Gilbert would be the biggest chokesfest ever. Would go on for days

It would be awful.

Nah it wouldn’t. I’d expect them to play great in the first session and then tense up in the final stages and start missing. It would be great!

It would actually be a comfortable Gilbert win. He has more than one aspect to his game and Lisowski wouldn't punish his mistakes enough for it to matter.

It would mean one choker over line for a ranking event success. Maybe that will spur them on to more tournament wins

Postby Andre147

Good wins for Gilbert and Lisowski.

Jack has a nice h2h record v Allen so a tough one to call.

Selby obviously much better against Gilbert, but Dave seems to have found some form, hopefully not another trashing like in Crawley.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Jack vs Gilbert would be the biggest chokesfest ever. Would go on for days

It would be awful.

Nah it wouldn’t. I’d expect them to play great in the first session and then tense up in the final stages and start missing. It would be great!

It would actually be a comfortable Gilbert win. He has more than one aspect to his game and Lisowski wouldn't punish his mistakes enough for it to matter.

He will if he plays like he did tonight.

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:He will if he plays like he did tonight.

So you think Gilbert will refuse to play safe? There's a reason Lisowski and Thep don't stand up. Gilbert is Lisowskis best chance of a title, think about that.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:

So you think Gilbert will refuse to play safe? There's a reason Lisowski and Thep don't stand up. Gilbert is Lisowskis best chance of a title, think about that.

Playing safe doesn’t mean he won’t make mistakes.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

Playing safe doesn’t mean he won’t make mistakes.

I actually think it could be a great final as long as Jack doesn't do his famed first session final collapse

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:Playing safe doesn’t mean he won’t make mistakes.

But he also won’t have it as easy as he did tonight. Each frame was the same, not much safety so no reds on cushions. Lisowski will find it much tougher to score from now on.

Postby vodkadiet1

WELL!! WELL!! WELL!!

MARK BEATS RONNIE AGAIN!!

RONNIE PLAYED WELL AND EVEN MADE THREE CENTURY BREAKS!! NOT BAD IN ONE AFTERNOON!!

BUT MARK STAYED WITH HIM AND EVENTUALLY WORE RONNIE DOWN WITH HIS PATIENCE AND EXCELLENT SAFETY PLAY!! AND IN THE END IT WAS A VICTORY FOR THE LEICESTER NATIVE BY 5 FRAMES WON AGAINST 4 FRAMES FOR RONNIE!!

MAYBE MARK WON THE PSYCHOLOGICAL BATTLE BEFORE THE MATCH STARTED WHEN HE PRETENDED TO PLAY JANKEN BEFORE THE MATCH STARTED AND WENT FOR 'PAPER' TO WRAP 'STONE'. ANOTHER SELBY VICTORY!!

BAD LUCK TO RONNIE BUT AT LEAST HE WON'T HAVE TO GATHER ANY MORE GERMS THIS YEAR IN SNOOKER VENUES!!

WELL PLAYED MARK AND YOU MADE SURE YOU GOT REVENGE FOR RONNIE'S LUCKY WIN AT LEAST SEASON'S HOME NATIONS IN BELFAST!!

:cracker: :cracker: :cracker:

:party: :party: :party:

<cool> <cool> <cool>

Postby McManusFan

Just watched the Ronnie-Selby match on Youtube, what a great match. It was nice to see Ronnie play in a bit more measured a fashion, there was some brilliant safety in that match. I can't blame Ronnie for taking that red in the final frame, Selby had him in all sorts of trouble; he had to make something happen.

And great news about Gilbert's win. I know it's pathetic but I always like to see Trump lose...

Postby Holden Chinaski

McManusFan wrote:Just watched the Ronnie-Selby match on Youtube, what a great match. It was nice to see Ronnie play in a bit more measured a fashion, there was some brilliant safety in that match. I can't blame Ronnie for taking that red in the final frame, Selby had him in all sorts of trouble; he had to make something happen.

And great news about Gilbert's win. I know it's pathetic but I always like to see Trump lose...

<ok>

Postby Ck147

Selby taking the snake hiss (good to see), he said in the interview afterwards what's all this Ronnie fist bump stuff about. Ridiculous and unprofessional in my opinion, he'll be doing jazz hands next when his opponent gets him in a good snooker.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:OMFG why is it always about Ronnie never gives credit to other people and you lot of bucking sausage heads wonder why i lose it with rubbish like you

U'r not a mod anymore, learn to behave. U always insult people and act like a spoilt teenager.

I was stating facts mod or no mod your just a useless tit.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:OMFG why is it always about Ronnie never gives credit to other people and you lot of bucking sausage heads wonder why i lose it with rubbish like you

U'r not a mod anymore, learn to behave. U always insult people and act like a spoilt teenager.

I was stating facts mod or no mod your just a useless tit.

Worst thing is you replied to something thats happened weeks ago.

Let it go.

Happy New Year all!

Postby Wildey

No he's a bucking sausage head the sooner he bucks off the bucking better and that goes for a few others too then it will be a happy new year.

Postby Wildey

Sorry if that's non PC but being the model mod keeping this place in check for years got me Absalutly nowhere just made me the enemy so If I can't beat the hammers maybe by being one of them I might get some brownie points.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Sorry if that's non PC but being the model mod keeping this place in check for years got me Absalutly nowhere just made me the enemy so If I can't beat the hammers maybe by being one of them I might get some brownie points.

No that's not the answer.

And if you keep insulting him like that then you'll receive the same treatment as if someone else did it, no double standards. Sorry mate, but that's how it got to be.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:Sorry if that's non PC but being the model mod keeping this place in check for years got me Absalutly nowhere just made me the enemy so If I can't beat the hammers maybe by being one of them I might get some brownie points.

Actually, your term as moderator coincided with this forum becoming one largely adored by its core members. I’d followed snooker forums for years and never saw one as peaceful as this one.

You’re not entirely responsible for that but you played a part, certainly, and that’s coming from someone who had his run-ins with you.