Post a reply

19.com Scottish Open Last 32 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 9th ~ Sunday 15th of December at Emirates Arena, Glasgow

Stephen Hendry has 36 Ranking Titles, Ronnie O'Sullivan has 36 Ranking Titles this week they are playing for The Stephen Hendry Trophy in Scotland could this be the week Ronnie O'Sullivan surpasses the Great Scott.

Still trying to stop him is Defending Champion Mark Allen, Champion of Champions Winner Neil Robertson, English Open Champion Mark Selby, China Championship Winner Shaun Murphy, UK Champion Ding Junhui and World Champion Judd Trump.

Who will reach the Last 16?

DRAW

Last 32

Mark Allen v Elliot Slessor Never played before
Lu Ning v Chris Wakelin Never played before
Tom Ford v Zhang Jiankang Never played before
Scott Donaldson v Kyren Wilson Wilson leads 2-1
John Higgins v Andrew Higginson Higginson leads 5-3
Jack Lisowski v Mike Dunn Lisowski leads 3-1
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Marco Fu Un-Nooh leads 3-1
Peter Ebdon v Neil RobertsonEbdon leads 8-4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Martin Gould O'Sullivan leads 4-0
Joe Perry v Joe O'Connor Perry leads 3-0
Jimmy Robertson v Kurt Maflin Tied at 3-3
Liam Highfield v Mark Selby Selby leads 4-2
Shaun Murphy v Ricky Walden Murphy leads 14-4
David Gilbert v Xiao Guodong Never played before
Graeme Dott v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 10-1
James Wattana v Judd Trump Trump leads 8-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: 19.com Scottish Open Last 32 !!!

Postby vodkadiet1

Don't forget to vote Green today if you have a Green candidate in your constituency. Be selfless for a change.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:Don't forget to vote Green today if you have a Green candidate in your constituency. Be selfless for a change.

Don't listen to vodka (unless you live in Brighton, do you live in Brighton vodka?), use your vote wisely, don't bucking waste it, even if you have to vote tactically. Good luck everyone and may the best party win. (Even though, let's face it, they're all rubbish.)

Postby vodkadiet1

Ck147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Don't forget to vote Green today if you have a Green candidate in your constituency. Be selfless for a change.

Don't listen to vodka (unless you live in Brighton, do you live in Brighton vodka?), use your vote wisely, don't bucking waste it, even if you have to vote tactically. Good luck everyone and may the best person win.

I don't live in Brighton. I have swapped my vote with a voter in Bristol West though.

Johnson will win unfortunately which shows how retarded many people in Britain are.

Postby Ck147

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Don't listen to vodka (unless you live in Brighton, do you live in Brighton vodka?), use your vote wisely, don't bucking waste it, even if you have to vote tactically. Good luck everyone and may the best person win.

I don't live in Brighton. I have swapped my vote with a voter in Bristol West though.

Johnson will win unfortunately which shows how retarded many people in Britain are.

Can't argue with that, think you will be proven right in the early hours of Friday morning.

Postby Alex0paul

I’m sure Gilbert has played Xiao before in that infamous Shootout match

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I’m sure Gilbert has played Xiao before in that infamous Shootout match

What happened?

Xiao potted match ball after the pips

Postby Dan-cat

Also in that interview, they were discussing whether 12 seconds AST was a record, and apparently Teppy had a quicker match to which Ronnie defensively said 'yes but was it decent snooker?' Makes me wonder if Iranu's theory holds some water...

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Also in that interview, they were discussing whether 12 seconds AST was a record, and apparently Teppy had a quicker match to which Ronnie defensively said 'yes but was it decent snooker?' Makes me wonder if Iranu's theory holds some water...

What's Iranu's theory?

More importantly, was the match a record for the fastest Best of 7? I checked the official timing, it didn't even reach 33 minutes like we mentioned, it was 32 min.

Postby HappyCamper

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Also in that interview, they were discussing whether 12 seconds AST was a record, and apparently Teppy had a quicker match to which Ronnie defensively said 'yes but was it decent snooker?' Makes me wonder if Iranu's theory holds some water...

What's Iranu's theory?

More importantly, was the match a record for the fastest Best of 7? I checked the official timing, it didn't even reach 33 minutes like we mentioned, it was 32 min.

that o'sullivan took exception to trump's comments earlier in the year that thepchaiya had usurped o'sullivan as the most exciting player on the tour. and this is the reason for him playing so overly attacking and rapidly.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:Iranu's hot take is that ever since Trump said a couple of month's ago that Teppy Lad was the most exciting player on the circuit, Ronnie immediately started going for everything and playing as fast as possible.

I think I was the first one here to say Ronnie's playing kamikaze because of Judd's comments, but I meant it as a joke. I don't think Ronnie gives a rubbish about any of that. He's just having some fun.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie said he didn't even realise he was playing fast. He said he was taking his time to think about the right shots.

Yeah this surprised me, the ref could barely keep up, Ronnie waiting to strike the cue ball on many occasions. If I'm right - the ref must call the score before being able to play the shot or it's a foul? (Andre?)

Here's the interview in full... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH9QLkw7I9Q

(Gotta love this uploader, the interview finishes and then it's three minutes of him playing a computer game.)

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie said he didn't even realise he was playing fast. He said he was taking his time to think about the right shots.

Yeah this surprised me, the ref could barely keep up, Ronnie waiting to strike the cue ball on many occasions. If I'm right - the ref must call the score before being able to play the shot or it's a foul? (Andre?)

Here's the interview in full... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH9QLkw7I9Q

(Gotta love this uploader, the interview finishes and then it's three minutes of him playing a computer game.)

Yes the ref must call the score otherwise it's a foul.

Sometimes with ROS playing it's just less than a second, but as long as the ref is satisfied he played it legally, he won't call a foul.\

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Iranu's hot take is that ever since Trump said a couple of month's ago that Teppy Lad was the most exciting player on the circuit, Ronnie immediately started going for everything and playing as fast as possible.

I was also one who said it's too much of a coincidence.

Postby Iranu

I think it’s a factor, I don’t think it’s the sole reason. He played similarly in the Worlds before Judd made the comments.

I too thought Ronnie’s response to Thep having an 11 second AST match was interesting.

It did seem to me that Ronnie played with more care in terms of double checking angles, setting himself on the shot and planning ahead etc. I think the fact there was almost no safety helped pull his AST down.