Post a reply

Re: 19.com Scottish Open Last 128 !!!

Postby Andre147

rekoons wrote:That is actually really interesting stuff in the studio with Andy and alan...

Yesterday Alan was wrong though in commentary, as Scullion could in fact call a fould after Marcel told him. If Allen had played another shot, then the ref couldn't call a foul anymore.

But that's allright, most players on tour don't know the full rules, any referee will tell you that.

Postby rekoons

Alan has a Knack for explaining semi complicated technical stuff in a way that’s understandable.
Last edited by rekoons on 10 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mantorok

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
rekoons wrote:Alan has a Knack for explaining semi complicated technical stuff in a way it’s understandable.

Yeah - Alan is quality

Agreed. Alan is one of the best pundits in recent years. I'd go as far as saying probably THE best.

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
rekoons wrote:Alan has a Knack for explaining semi complicated technical stuff in a way it’s understandable.

Yeah - Alan is quality

Agreed. Alan is one of the best pundits in recent years. I'd go as far as saying probably THE best.

Yup.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yeah - Alan is quality

Indeed he is, like Foulds.

Postby Johnny Bravo

mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yeah - Alan is quality

I like him too but Clive is still the main man for me. Fouldsy is second and Angles is probably 3rd. Hendry is also very good.

I bucking hate Taylor, they should have fired his ass ages ago.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Iranu wrote:Is there a comparable scenario in any other sport to Jimmy losing in six world finals?

It’s amazing he’s not just a shell of a human being.

Andy Murray and 5 Australian Open final losses...4x against the same player too, Djokovic.

but he's won Wimbledon 2x so.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Iranu wrote:Is there a comparable scenario in any other sport to Jimmy losing in six world finals?

Andy Murray and 5 Australian Open final losses...4x against the same player too, Djokovic.

but he's won Wimbledon 2x so.

He's won Wimbledon twice and US Open once, so you really cant compare it.

Postby Dan-cat

Johnny Bravo wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yeah - Alan is quality

I like him too but Clive is still the main man for me. Fouldsy is second and Angles is probably 3rd. Hendry is also very good.

Clive isn't a pundit...

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yeah - Alan is quality

Clive isn't a pundit...

:hmmm:
What is he then ? :?

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Jan Ullrich coming second behind Lance Armstrong in a lot of Tour de France's, closest I can think of right now.

Jan won a tour

I know, you missed the post where I recognised my mistake, but anyway welcome to the fun tonight some have been missing you!

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yeah - Alan is quality

Indeed he is, like Foulds.

Yeah, Fouldsy and Angles are both good

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yeah - Alan is quality

Clive isn't a pundit...

Clive is the best commentator granted but you're right he's not a pundit.

Alan is great at punditry and commentating.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Jan Ullrich coming second behind Lance Armstrong in a lot of Tour de France's, closest I can think of right now.

Jan won a tour

I know, you missed the post where I recognised my mistake, but anyway welcome to the fun tonight some have been missing you!

He was drugged out of his mind so it shouldn't count if you agree with Lance's being scratched. In which case I don't think you should have recognised it as an error.

Weak IMO

Postby mantorok

Fouldsy good at punditry but Alan is good at both commentary and punditry.

So for that reason, and that reason alone it's Alan for me.

Important debate this.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

mantorok wrote:Fouldsy good at punditry but Alan is good at both commentary and punditry.

So for that reason, and that reason alone it's Alan for me.

Important debate this.

Alan is my favourite.

Love Clive but Alan shades it IMO

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:I like Ullrich. He showed remorse. And whether out of his mind on drugs or not, he was the best cyclist in the world at that time.

Yes he showed remorse by repeatedly doping for the next decade.

You dumbkopf <doh>

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I like Ullrich. He showed remorse. And whether out of his mind on drugs or not, he was the best cyclist in the world at that time.

You dumbkopf <doh>

He did because he had to. It clearly never sat well with him though. That is obvious. Same could be said for Rasmussen, for instance.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

You dumbkopf <doh>

He did because he had to. It clearly never sat well with him though. That is obvious. Same could be said for Rasmussen, for instance.

Yeah - I actually agree that those boys had no choice unless they wanted to be domestiques. I would have done the same.

I do think Lance has been hung out to dry though

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Jan won a tour

He was drugged out of his mind so it shouldn't count if you agree with Lance's being scratched. In which case I don't think you should have recognised it as an error.

Weak IMO

I remember he got done for recreational drug use, but PED's?. Funny era, they didn't even move anyone up when Lance was DQ'd, everyone was at it! Best forgotten, although at the time I thought it was pretty exciting racing, esp Lance v Ullrich.