Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Final !!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I wonder why Wild got snake hissed off modding this place.

It's not a job for the faint hearted.

So why are you doing it then?

snake hiss off.

:no:

Postby Dan-cat

Yeah. It really is like a nursery, every so often one of the kids has a tantrum, Cloud's weekly use of the word mong to see if I react, other posters calling for moderation just for kicks and to stir it up.

Not sure how much longer I can be bothered to be the playgroup leader.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:

Yeah. It really is like a nursery, every so often one of the kids has a tantrum, Cloud's weekly use of the word mong to see if I react, other posters calling for moderation just for kicks and to stir it up.

Last edited by Badsnookerplayer on 09 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

EDITED

It certainly has to be up there.

The idea that I would use the word 'mong' to get a reaction when it is a term many of us have been using for years without any issues whatsoever is the height of arrogance IMO.

You need get over yourself, mate. We are not bit part members of 'Planet Dan-cat'.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 09 Dec 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:If patronising means 'truthful' then yes Baddy.

Be honest, you encourage and partake in the silliness yourself. You just get snake hissed off when it's the type of silliness that you yourself don't enjoy.

Postby Dan-cat

Planet Dan-cat hehe. I like that. It's true, I have standards about casual racism, sexism and homophobia that I uphold. This isn't some back room of a little Englander pub, it's a global site, with users from around the world.

Generally, I act on complaints from others. yes, the mong thing would have been ok a few years ago, but times and meanings change. I've warned you twice, and still you persist. Why?

Anyone else want to join the mod team?

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:

You can’t leave Andre to look after this place on his own, he’ll go insane rofl

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:'the height of arrogance'.

Haha. OK. You do it about once a week. I warned you last week, deleted your post, you sent me some 'no drama' video on PM. didn't bother this week. I look forward to next week's.

Yeah, no problem DC. I'll just spend the remainder of the week trying to devise a way of annoying you again.

I look forward to your sermon and finger-wagging once I do.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:And there's nothing wrong with silliness. Never complained about that.

What was last night's antics if not a bit of silliness? Or did you think people were being serious?

Postby Cloud Strife

Anyway, I'll leave it now. It's no big deal, just one of the moderators having their usual weekly whine with cheese (Dan-cat this time). Will all be forgotten about by this time tommorow.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 09 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Dan's alright, to be fair.

It's not like he massively loses his temper at anybody here. Mods have got be able to mod.

Yeah, he's cool. I have no issues with him at all. Just had to respond as he called me out by name.

Postby SnookerFan

China's Ding Junhui said he never stopped believing he would win again after ending his title drought by lifting his third UK Championship.

Ding outclassed Stephen Maguire 10-6 in York, finishing the final in stunning fashion with back-to-back centuries.

It was the 32-year-old's first ranking win since 2017 and came 10 years after he won his last UK title.

"You have to keep believing. People stopped believing in me, but if I lose then nobody can help me," he said.

A resurgent Ding ended his trophy drought with his fourth victory at a Triple Crown event, having also won the Masters in 2011, and the 14th ranking title of his career.

"I am so proud. I have been waiting a long time and looking to the date when I can lift this trophy again," he added.

"This is a big one, the third time I have won it and it means everything.

"It has been an amazing week and I have played fantastic snooker, believed in myself and trusted myself and my head has been clean, strong and happy.

"The past two seasons people have not trusted me and thoughts were coming to me, 'should I be able to win again?'

"It is definitely the best snooker I have played in my career. I cannot go over this level and the whole week it has been like this."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/50708394

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:

It's not like he massively loses his temper at anybody here. Mods have got be able to mod.

Yeah, he's cool. I have no issues with him at all. Just had to respond as he called me out by name.

Thanks for the kind words. It was indeed my turn to moan. Andre next week. We have a rota systen

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. It was indeed my turn to moan. Andre next week. We have a rota systen

I moaned last week about the rulling for the scores and it worked.

Your turn now, my turn after.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I thin Ding has done enough now to prove that he's definitely not mentally weak. I think he's very strong mentally, especially when you think about where he comes from and what he has achieved. I know some people will say he's mentally weak until he wins a world championship, but that's bull in my opinion. His achievements should be admired and respected.

Postby Dan-cat

"They've built a replica of the Crucible just outside Beijing in this amazing leisure resort. They say: 'Why can't we have the World Championship here? It's still the Crucible.' It just shows you there are no lengths to which the Chinese people won't go to actually having the best on their own doorstep. They've copied the Crucible and, if anything, it might be slightly better!"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/other ... nship.html

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:"They've built a replica of the Crucible just outside Beijing in this amazing leisure resort. They say: 'Why can't we have the World Championship here? It's still the Crucible.' It just shows you there are no lengths to which the Chinese people won't go to actually having the best on their own doorstep. They've copied the Crucible and, if anything, it might be slightly better!"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/other ... nship.html

Topical.