Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Last 32 !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Scooper wrote:If you want this guy to hand over the forum, why don’t a few of you/us go round his house and ‘persuade’ him? Might see a nice packet of crunchy nuts, pretty expensive, and start to feel a bit clumsy..

rofl My all time favourite tv scene! "Punch him? I can't even make a fist!" rofl

Where's that from?

Postby SnookerFan

Peep Show was set in and filmed in Croydon. (And the surrounding areas.) The few episodes I have seen, I once recognised the place I grew up. (Which is probably a mile or so outside of the Cronx.)

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Peep Show was set in and filmed in Croydon. (And the surrounding areas.) The few episodes I have seen, I once recognised the place I grew up. (Which is probably a mile or so outside of the Cronx.)

Is your local the Swan and Paedo?

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Peep Show was set in and filmed in Croydon. (And the surrounding areas.) The few episodes I have seen, I once recognised the place I grew up. (Which is probably a mile or so outside of the Cronx.)

Wow, I didn't know that!

Postby Holden Chinaski

HappyCamper wrote:

rofl "What the buck's a washing machine doing in a pub? Jesus, I need a drink."

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Peep Show is the funniest show I've ever seen. Pure comedy genius.

Big call, that.

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm in direct content with Roland's cousin who does the web admin, and Roland, I can start the chats. It might be even worth me popping to Leeds and having a pint with Roland to get this sorted quickly. Happy to do that.

Be great to have some help though.

I think I offered to a couple of years back, but I would ditch phpBB because it's rubbish and put in Discourse. SSL certificates are now free and can be auto-generated every 3-months thanks to LetsEncrypt, domains are ten a penny and so is hosting.

I would happily cover all costs, I host many sites and would have this running on enterprise-level cloud hosting (Azure), but I would want off phpBB and have everyone migrate over, may have to replace the blog too but that's another story.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Peep Show is the funniest show I've ever seen. Pure comedy genius.

Big call, that.

I mean it. Curb Your Enthusiasm is probably second for me. I love the Ricky Gervais Show as well.

Postby mantorok

mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm in direct content with Roland's cousin who does the web admin, and Roland, I can start the chats. It might be even worth me popping to Leeds and having a pint with Roland to get this sorted quickly. Happy to do that.

I think I offered to a couple of years back, but I would ditch phpBB because it's rubbish and put in Discourse. SSL certificates are now free and can be auto-generated every 3-months thanks to LetsEncrypt, domains are ten a penny and so is hosting.

I would happily cover all costs, I host many sites and would have this running on enterprise-level cloud hosting (Azure), but I would want off phpBB and have everyone migrate over, may have to replace the blog too but that's another story.

In fact the Blog is separate, so that can stay.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Scooper wrote:If you want this guy to hand over the forum, why don’t a few of you/us go round his house and ‘persuade’ him? Might see a nice packet of crunchy nuts, pretty expensive, and start to feel a bit clumsy..

rofl My all time favourite tv scene! "Punch him? I can't even make a fist!" rofl

rofl

This is my favourite Peep Show scene:

https://youtu.be/ry3dQu28K9A

Postby Holden Chinaski

mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Looks like you know what you're talking about. But I would like the look of the forum to stay how it is. I love how this forum looks and how it's used. Much better than other forums.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Big call, that.

I mean it. Curb Your Enthusiasm is probably second for me. I love the Ricky Gervais Show as well.

Karl Pilkington is hands-down the funniest person on the planet.

Postby mantorok

Holden Chinaski wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Looks like you know what you're talking about. But I would like the look of the forum to stay how it is. I love how this forum looks and how it's used. Much better than other forums.

Yes the forum can look the same it's just the underlying software that will change, phpBB is a little basic. Discourse will provide stability and many more features, it's a better engine.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

rofl

This is my favourite Peep Show scene:

https://youtu.be/ry3dQu28K9A

rofl "This is bull"

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Big call, that.

:goodpost:

I still listen to those radio shows and podcasts...

Postby mantorok

mantorok wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Yes the forum can look the same it's just the underlying software that will change, phpBB is a little basic. Discourse will provide stability and many more features, it's a better engine.

I'm not suggesting we do that initially, first we move the site hosting so I can pay for it, then we can worry about changing software should the need arise, that would just be my preference.

Postby Holden Chinaski

mantorok wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Sounds good! As long as the look stays the same. I think you and Dan would be great candidates to run the forum together.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Wow, I didn't know that!

The Bill is also filmed in South London. Again, not that I ever really watched it, but if I've been on somewhere where it's on, I'll see places I recognise. Even have witnessed them filming it on one occasion, it was outside where I was working at the time in Tooting.

I was round one of my mates' house a couple of years back and they had an old episode on one of these channels. I suddenly went; "rubbish. That's the multi-storey car park next to my flat." rofl

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

This is my local.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

This is my local.

I see, no swan.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

This is my local.

So it does kind of involve a paedo then.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Big call, that.

:goodpost:

I still listen to those radio shows and podcasts...

Me too, I have them loaded to VLC Player on my phone

Postby Dan-cat

Been falling asleep recently to the Ricky Gervais Show, there are hours and hours of it on youtube. Seven hours of twaddle one of them is called :-) ...and when I wake up at 5am, with obsessive thoughts of my ex fiance, I put it on then too. Instant mood changer.

Manty - v. happy to team up with you on this!! As the only members of the forum who actually use our own picture as an avatar, we are meant to be together.

Peep Show is obviously very funny, but also quite revolutionary, as every single shot is filmed from one of the characters POV (point of view) and when the camera is coming out of their eyes (for want of a better expression) the dialogue is their inner monologue.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Been falling asleep recently to the Ricky Gervais Show, there are hours and hours of it on youtube. Seven hours of twaddle one of them is called :-) ...and when I wake up at 5am, with obsessive thoughts of my ex fiance, I put it on then too. Instant mood changer.

Manty - v. happy to team up with you on this!! As the only members of the forum who actually use our own picture as an avatar, we are meant to be together.

Peep Show is obviously very funny, but also quite revolutionary, as every single shot is filmed from one of the characters POV (point of view) and when the camera is coming out of their eyes (for want of a better expression) the dialogue is their inner monologue.

Yeah, I don't find him that funny either.