Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Last 32 !!!!!

Postby hendry_fan

Well done John,finishes off Burnsy with a 88. :clap:

Bar the *124* and this 88,it was,nt bonnie stuf fae John,but he won and thats what really counts.

An early night it is then. :happy: :-D

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Wow!,John Rattles in his 773th century,a *124*!. :clap:

5-1.

Higgo will soon surpass Hendry's ton tally.
As a Hendry fan, does that bother you ?
I'm really interested.

Higgo, ROS and co have played through a much weaker era. Let's be honest, playing the likes of Higginson and O'Donnell is hardly the same as Davis, Doherty et al.

Not to mention they've played over a much longer period, with more tournaments (at least in the last few years). Hendry must surely still have the highest 'century density', although maybe Trump comes close.

Judd, Ronnie, Robbo, Allen, Fu, and Selby all have better century/frame rate than Hendry:

https://cuetracker.net/statistics/centuries/player-frames-per-century-rate/all-time

Postby Juddernaut

hendry_fan wrote:Where,s Wildey!. :chin:

Has he gone to celebrate the 54 year old Nigels Incredible win. :party: :-D

I know he de-modded himself earlier, so he might be taking a bit of a break.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

5-1.

I'm really interested.

Higgo, ROS and co have played through a much weaker era. Let's be honest, playing the likes of Higginson and O'Donnell is hardly the same as Davis, Doherty et al.

Not to mention they've played over a much longer period, with more tournaments (at least in the last few years). Hendry must surely still have the highest 'century density', although maybe Trump comes close.

Judd, Ronnie, Robbo, Allen, Fu, and Selby all have better century/frame rate than Hendry:

https://cuetracker.net/statistics/centuries/player-frames-per-century-rate/all-time

Knowledge.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

5-1.

I'm really interested.

That's very interesting. I was thinking more along the lines of century/year but I guess century/frame is a better measure.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah but if you are playing numpties you will get more centuries/frame.

Multivariate you see.

Hendry had way more numpties in his era. The players ranked below the top 32 had no chance whatsoever of beating the top players. That only happened once in a blue moon. Nowadays, the world no 80 can beat the WN1. Snooker has progressed in depth.

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:Alan's out I'm afriad. 6-2 to Maflin. Congrats to him, hope he treats himself to a new car with his winnings.

Commiserations mate, wanted him to win, hope it doesn't spoil your day

Postby McManusFan

Ck147 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Alan's out I'm afriad. 6-2 to Maflin. Congrats to him, hope he treats himself to a new car with his winnings.

Ta, but nothing will take the smile off my face from Bond's win!

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Me too, I had a soft spot for him the 90s. I would love to see him go further

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I notice Cloud skulked off with his tail between his legs after his earlier post. I imagine he will stay away, licking his wounds for a few days.

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Not sure if people have seen this or not, a nice interview with Nigel Bond:

https://youtu.be/1sy7WjrVNGc

Postby Vallomas

Big matches for the three remaining Masters spots tomorrow.

Ding v Carter
Perry v G. Wilson
Maguire v Dott

Yan also has his chance to keep the dream alive if he beats Lisowski.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah but if you are playing numpties you will get more centuries/frame.

Multivariate you see.

Hendry had way more numpties in his era. The players ranked below the top 32 had no chance whatsoever of beating the top players. That only happened once in a blue moon. Nowadays, the world no 80 can beat the WN1. Snooker has progressed in depth.

buck off you twiddling runt

Postby Ck147

Highlights on BBC2, Robbo just made an excellent century (I missed it earlier) can see him making the final.

Postby Ck147

McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Not sure if people have seen this or not, a nice interview with Nigel Bond:

https://youtu.be/1sy7WjrVNGc

That was a nice interview, good luck to him

Postby Pink Ball

Right, I'm still very angry and disagree strongly with the way issues were handled over the weekend, but I've taken some time to calm down.

Having done so, I have to be fair to Wildey, he has been very leniant on me in the past. I probably should have been banned for a while over the Coland and Mildey things. Having read back, he also clearly stated that I meant nothing malicious by my joke. I'm a lot happier having read that.

Wildey has done a good job as moderator, but if he wants to resign, best of luck to him. I just hope he keeps posting as he is a good guy at heart, and he knows snooker like the back of his hand.

Whatever you all think of me, I like the people on this forum, and I don't want to turn my back on it.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:Right, I'm still very angry and disagree strongly with the way issues were handled over the weekend, but I've taken some time to calm down.

Having done so, I have to be fair to Wildey, he has been very leniant on me in the past. I probably should have been banned for a while over the Coland and Mildey things. Having read back, he also clearly stated that I meant nothing malicious by my joke. I'm a lot happier having read that.

Wildey has done a good job as moderator, but if he wants to resign, best of luck to him. I just hope he keeps posting as he is a good guy at heart, and he knows snooker like the back of his hand.

Whatever you all think of me, I like the people on this forum, and I don't want to turn my back on it.

good im pleased you still here and we can run riot together now lol.

In all seriously ive invested a lot of my time on this forum over the years and i do mean a hell of a lot of time if it goes itll be for nothing. all i wanted was for things to run like clock work i had no desire to come down hard but in my book if a job worth doing its worth doing right otherwise whats the point.

You lot on the whole are great guys theres a few useless hammers on here but thats life. It became draining having to explain every last modding decition so over the weekend i decided if you cant beat them join them i want to enjoy watching the snooker without haaving a few moronic pin ends spoiling it for me.

Andre147 and Dan are more than capable of steering the ship forward brilliantly no hard feelings from me and as soon as i can aproach the subject with roland ill get him to remove my mod status or if someone makes a move to take over the site.

just remember its memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=85 Hallenberg that holds the purse strings for this site and not Roland.