Post a reply

19.com Northern Ireland Open Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 11th ~ Sunday 16th of November at The Waterfront Hall, Belfast

Ronnie O'Sullivan will take on Judd Trump for the Alex Higgins Trophy AGAIN.

Dont get bigger than that.

Who will win?

DRAW

Sunday 17th of November

Final

Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Click for Head to Heads

Overall O'Sullivan leads 13-12
Main Tournaments O'Sullivan leads 9-8
Multi Session Matches O'Sullivan leads 5-4
Finals Trump leads 6-3

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: 19.com Northern Ireland Open Final !!!

Postby Erza Scarlet

Feeling Ronnie will take it this time. Going for 9-7 role reversal of last year's.

Interesting ranking finals pattern between these 2:

1. 2014 UK - Ronnie
2. 2016 European Masters - Judd
3. 2017 Shanghai Masters - Ronnie
4. 2018 Northern Ireland - Judd

Seems like it's Ronnie's turn to get another W.

Postby Iranu

Ronnie was comfortably better than Judd today outside of the last two frames of the afternoon session.

Neither player was tested but Judd made it seem like he was by playing as badly as Higgins.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:Ronnie was comfortably better than Judd today outside of the last two frames of the afternoon session.

Neither player was tested but Judd made it seem like he was by playing as badly as Higgins.

Yea but if Ronnie plays like that Tomorrow he will not win the match it was 2 or 3 chance Snooker to kill frames Off.

Trump has always played better historically against Ronnie than he has against Higgins.

Judd safety game was pretty good today much better than the other 3 players.

Postby Goldenballs147

Second time ever watching a live snooker match in person tomorrow, and both times it’ll have been O’Sullivan vs Trump.

Absolutely hoping for O’Sullivan to get a win back this time around, but either way I can’t wait.

Booked a final ticket weeks ago as well (as opposed to booking it at midnight on this very same day last year after O’Sullivan won his SF), so hoping for good seats also!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Goldenballs147 wrote:Second time ever watching a live snooker match in person tomorrow, and both times it’ll have been O’Sullivan vs Trump.

Absolutely hoping for O’Sullivan to get a win back this time around, but either way I can’t wait.

Booked a final ticket weeks ago as well (as opposed to booking it at midnight on this very same day last year after O’Sullivan won his SF), so hoping for good seats also!

Have a good time. I'm sure it will be great!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Goldenballs147 wrote:Second time ever watching a live snooker match in person tomorrow, and both times it’ll have been O’Sullivan vs Trump.

Enjoy the match and may ROS win. <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Looks like a venue with decent views from everywhere.

Post a report afterwards. Belfast is one I haven't done.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie has played Selby only four times since the World final 2014. Tomorrow it will be his 12th meeting with Trump. 8 of them finals. 9 if you include the CL.

Trump by far his biggest rival since 2014.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has played Selby only four times since the World final 2014. Tomorrow it will be his 12th meeting with Trump. 8 of them finals. 9 if you include the CL.

It's crazy when you think about the rivals Ronnie has had... Hendry, Higgins, Selby, Trump. That's some tough opposition!

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has played Selby only four times since the World final 2014. Tomorrow it will be his 12th meeting with Trump. 8 of them finals. 9 if you include the CL.

It's crazy when you think about the rivals Ronnie has had... Hendry, Higgins, Selby, Trump. That's some tough opposition!

He's had to compete against the best players of four different Snooker generations

1. Hendry,Doherty,Ebdon
2. Higgins,Williams (his own generation)
3. Robertson,Selby,Murphy
4. Trump,Ding

And to keep in mind all those players like Hunter (R.I.P), Stevens, Lee, Fu,Maguire,Bingham,Hawkins,Allen who are also great players.
Last edited by TheRocket on 16 Nov 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

I think Judd will be fresh as a daisy tommorow. Winning breeds confidence and nobody has been winning as much as Judd recently.

I don't buy into this tiredness excuse that BSP and others are trying to seed in everyone's mind.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:I think Judd will be fresh as a daisy tommorow. Winning breeds confidence and nobody has been winning as much as Judd recently.

I don't buy into this tiredness excuse that BSP and others are trying to seed in everyone's mind.

*tomorrow

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I think Judd will be fresh as a daisy tommorow. Winning breeds confidence and nobody has been winning as much as Judd recently.

*tomorrow

Aggressive. Almost passively so.

Postby Goldenballs147

SnookerFan wrote:

Looks like a venue with decent views from everywhere.

Post a report afterwards. Belfast is one I haven't done.

It’s a good point and to be fair you’re right, because last year I was looking right at the middle of the baulk end of the table (in between the two players) during the first session and then the left side of the baulk end during the second session - the only downside (if you can call it that) being I was up in the second tier so it’s quite high up which meant I needed my glasses which I didn’t have during the first session! So hoping for lower tier this time but either way I’m buzzing, and I’ll have my glasses with me from the start lol.

Holden and JB - thanks :)

Postby masterdoctorgenius

I am quite surprised that he overcome the choke of last sunday.

Postby Ck147

Even though Judd has said it himself? He's played good enough to beat top players who aren't exactly playing their best right now. Robbo beat him last week, and Ronnie looking fairly fresh will make him work for it tomorrow...looking forward to it.

Postby Wildey

Tiredness or Not he can sleep for a week after tomorrow so he will be ok playing Ronnie tomorrow.

One more push for a brilliant 3 week work.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:

That wasn't really a choke. Both players played well.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ck147 wrote:

Even though Judd has said it himself? He's played good enough to beat top players who aren't exactly playing their best right now. Robbo beat him last week, and Ronnie looking fairly fresh will make him work for it tomorrow...looking forward to it.

Judd can call himself the Queen of England if he wants, doesn't mean he is.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:

That wasn't really a choke. Both players played well.

He missed a pot it happens

god ronnie missed a lot today did Ronnie Choke and if he did did Joe Choke every time he went to the table before Ronnie choked again before Joe threw one more Choke in the mix.

it was a case of the guy who choked last lost the frame ? :dizzy:

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie was comfortably better than Judd today outside of the last two frames of the afternoon session.

Yea but if Ronnie plays like that Tomorrow he will not win the match it was 2 or 3 chance Snooker to kill frames Off.

Trump has always played better historically against Ronnie than he has against Higgins.

Judd safety game was pretty good today much better than the other 3 players.

That's what I'm thinking. He always seems to produce his best against him, and apart from the 2017 Shanghai Final he has always delivered, even if he lost.

Ronnie cant expect to play like he did today and expect to win.

On the other hand, Trump will also give him lots of chances.

I'm with TR, I think it will be a nervy final and maybe not the best standard, but it will come down to who can pot the most important balls.

Judd favourite this time, both competing yet again for the Alex Higgins trophy, fitting because he was the first great entertainer.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Would love to see Trump turn it on and win 9-2, 9-3

You would love a result similar to the Masters Final, but even if Trump wins, it wont be that one sided.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie plays down everything these days. i just think its a Steve Peters coping tool for him.

Ronnie wont be happy losing this match its his Chance this season of putting Judd in his place.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Ronnie plays down everything these days. i just think its a Steve Peters coping tool for him.

Ronnie wont be happy losing this match its his Chance this season of putting Judd in his place.

Remember last year's UK Final?

Ronnie saying all tournament he couldnt care less about holding the record 19 Majors. But in the final session you could see how much he wanted it and post-match interview.

Believe me he will try his hardest to hold another record alone, this time 37 ranking event titles.