Post a reply

Re: 19.com Northern Ireland Open Final !!!

Postby Wildey

For the record the emotions andre is feeling now is how ive been for 10+ years the amount of times my posts has been misrepresented on the web if i had a penny for every one id have made a grand easily.

But point remain what Judd said was not wrong he has to believe hes the best or whats the point trying.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Andre is an angry man today, and who can blame him TBF.

Was that anger? I assumed he was just going along with my joke?

If it was anger, I apologise. Andre's a good guy, and I was just meaning to have a bit of fun with him.

What? By ruining the man's reputation? rofl

You have a very strange idea of what constitutes "a bit of fun", it has to be said haha.

I haven't fully read the last few pages, to be fair.

Legitimate apologies if I've come on and joked at a bad time.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:For the record the emotions andre is feeling now is how ive been for 10+ years the amount of times my posts has been misrepresented on the web if i had a penny for every one id have made a grand easily.

But point remain what Judd said was not wrong he has to believe hes the best or whats the point trying.

To be fair, I didn't think what Judd had said was anywhere near as bad as some are making out. Or bad at all, really.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:For the record the emotions andre is feeling now is how ive been for 10+ years the amount of times my posts has been misrepresented on the web if i had a penny for every one id have made a grand easily.

To be fair, I didn't think what Judd had said was anywhere near as bad as some are making out. Or bad at all, really.

Ronnie said that Tom Fords 147 didnt count because he had to use a rest on a shot and when Andy Goldstein started to Laugh Ronnie was snake hissed off and said he was deadly serious.

on a scale of 1 to 10 on disrespectful Ronnie was about 9 and Judd about 0.5 what he said.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Ronnie said that Tom Fords 147 didnt count because he had to use a rest on a shot and when Andy Goldstein started to Laugh Ronnie was snake hissed off and said he was deadly serious.

on a scale of 1 to 10 on disrespectful Ronnie was about 9 and Judd about 0.5 what he said.

It wasn't a rest shot. It was a double.

His point was that a 147 is a perfect frame of snooker, so if you have to make a double - that much of a recovery shot, then it doesn't count (to him.)

It was actually a pretty light hearted comment, and a reflection on his own levels of perfectionism rather than a diss to Ford.

Nuances are everything.

Postby Wildey

Dan he was serious nothing light hearted about it but point is people like yo can defend anything Ronnie said however when anyone else has a go its not on.

Postby Iranu

That was a stupid thing Ronnie said about Ford’s 147. And yes he was at least kind of serious, he said as much at the time.

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a little tongue in cheek too, but you could say the same about Judd’s tweet, yet people aren’t so keen to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:That was a stupid thing Ronnie said about Ford’s 147. And yes he was at least kind of serious, he said as much at the time.

Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a little tongue in cheek too, but you could say the same about Judd’s tweet, yet people aren’t so keen to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I am.

I don't see what the big deal is, to be honest.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:That was a stupid thing Ronnie said about Ford’s 147. And yes he was at least kind of serious, he said as much at the time.

Yea

But take both comments whitch one would you expect from a pro sportsman

Comment 1 "That wasent a proper 147 for a 147 to count everything has to be perfect"

Comment 2 "Some people don’t understand. He can only play well if you let him"

Some people don’t understand. He can only play well if you let him

that statement is true about every player that's ever played any sport thats the point of snooker you play safe to try and limit the chances of your opponent and then when you get the chance you score big.

Ronnie cant score without getting chances and judd knows if he give Ronnie chances he will score that's not disrespecting him that is the ultimate compliment to any Snooker Player

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:Don’t see how this is a laughing matter to be honest, Cloud.

Never thought you’d be so callous. Disappointing.

bullocks, you know me better than that. This is the sort of marmite I revel in.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

Yea

Comment 1 "That wasent a proper 147 for a 147 to count everything has to be perfect"

that statement is true about every player that's ever played any sport thats the point of snooker you play safe to try and limit the chances of your opponent and then when you get the chance you score big.

Ronnie cant score without getting chances and judd knows if he give Ronnie chances he will score that's not disrespecting him that is the ultimate compliment to any Snooker Player

Ronnie is a genius. And geniuses say and do things which are unfathomable to us mere mortals. They operate on a different plane to everyone else.

Let us not criticize that which we cannot comprehend.

Nobody ever questioned Vincent van Gogh when he one day decided to cut his own ear off. People at the time just laughed it off as a side effect of his brilliance and eccentricity, these people understood. The same way people are willing to give Ronnie a pass for some of the things he says and does.

Postby Holden Chinaski

There is no real evidence Van Gogh cut off his own ear. It may have happened in a fight with Gauguin. Vincent probably did it himself, but we're not sure. In a letter, he said he didn't really remember what happened and that he and Gauguin agreed to not discuss it anymore.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:Holden sorry if my PM came through several times rofl my PMs seem to be having issues.

No prob. I'm having PM problems as well. Did you receive my reply?

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:Holden sorry if my PM came through several times rofl my PMs seem to be having issues.

No prob. I'm having PM problems as well. Did you receive my reply?

I did. I’ll give the site some time to sort its rubbish out and respond later, it would be nice to have a chat about them!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Yea

Ronnie is a genius. And geniuses say and do things which are unfathomable to us mere mortals. They operate on a different plane to everyone else.

Let us not criticize that which we cannot comprehend.

Nobody ever questioned Vincent van Gogh when he one day decided to cut his own ear off. People at the time just laughed it off as a side effect of his brilliance and eccentricity, these people understood. The same way people are willing to give Ronnie a pass for some of the things he says and does.

Now that ladies and Gentleman is the reason Cloud gets banned on here he thinks hes Ronnie mk 2 and he can say and do what he likes unfortunately for him i have more balls than Barry Hearn and he ends up screwed <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

Holden Chinaski wrote:There is no real evidence Van Gogh cut off his own ear. It may have happened in a fight with Gauguin. Vincent probably did it himself, but we're not sure. In a letter, he said he didn't really remember what happened and that he and Gauguin agreed to not discuss it anymore.

also after that incident he was hospitalised and diagnosed with mental illnesses.
and that van gogh wouldn't even have been widely considered a genius at the time.

Postby Holden Chinaski

HappyCamper wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:There is no real evidence Van Gogh cut off his own ear. It may have happened in a fight with Gauguin. Vincent probably did it himself, but we're not sure. In a letter, he said he didn't really remember what happened and that he and Gauguin agreed to not discuss it anymore.

also after that incident he was hospitalised and diagnosed with mental illnesses.
and that van gogh wouldn't even have been widely considered a genius at the time.

Yes he definitely had a mental illness. He spent time in mental institutions. He was starting to get recognition for his art in the last years of his life, but then he killed himself. Although some people even doubt that and say it was an accident... But had he lived a couple of years longer he would have been recognised as a genius...

I'm a huge Van Gogh fan. I visit the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam almost every year.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:There is an Impressionism thread.

Please use it.

I knew you were going to post something like this.

Van Gogh was post-impressionism though...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:There is an Impressionism thread.

Please use it.

I knew you were going to post something like this.

Van Gogh was post-impressionism though...

Well start a post-impressionism thread then.