Post a reply

Re: 19.com Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Erza Scarlet

I don't see America ever picking up Snooker it's just not their thing. It's crazy because if they were interested in Snooker this sport would be 10x as rich but they love their pool.

I'm surprised there isn't a tournament in France.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:He doesn't have twice as many fans as Trump. It's probably closer to five times as many. Honestly. And Trump is probably the second most popular player.

Much closer than that mate but yea Ronnie is still the main man

No it isn't. I'm probably being a bit generous. The gap is closing but is still very, very wide. Wouldn't be too worried about it, because I think a lot of the Ronnie fans will become Trump fans in years to come.

I hope ROS continues to play for a long time. :-) :bowdown:
When he will eventually retire, he will leave a big gap in my life. :sad:
But as Pinkey pointed out, I'll become a Trump supporter then. He'll be the main flair player then.

Power to the flair players :mosh:
Down with the grinders, off with their heads. To the guilotine. :mosh:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think a lot Trump's fans are also Ronnie fans.

Trump is definitely the natural successor, just as Sullivan was to White, and White was to Higgins.

:hatoff:

Power to the flair players :mosh: :win: :win: :win:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Erza Scarlet wrote:I don't see America ever picking up Snooker it's just not their thing. It's crazy because if they were interested in Snooker this sport would be 10x as rich but they love their pool.

I'm surprised there isn't a tournament in France.

It is a shame, but snooker and billiards only ever really took root in Britains ex-colonies. Bit like Cricket and Rugby

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:Jimmy is naturally funny.

'Steve Davis and Terry Griffiths went to Dallas to do an exhibition and I think that ruined it' :-D

Brilliant stuff by Jimmy. Him and Alex Higgins should have went instead of those 2 slow and boring grinders. :td:

Power to the flair players :win:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:I think Alex Higgins' fans were arguably the most annoying. But then again, I really, really disliked Alex Higgins, so maybe I'm biased.

How can u dislike Alex ?! :hmmm: :dizzy: <doh> <doh> <doh>
He was a flair player and the guy that put snooker on the map.
Plus he was Irish, just like you.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I think Alex Higgins' fans were arguably the most annoying. But then again, I really, really disliked Alex Higgins, so maybe I'm biased.

Plus he was Irish, just like you.[/quote

He could be an red frogs though, let's be honest.

Postby Pink Ball

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Plus he was Irish, just like you.

He was about as Irish as Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Remember last year's final when Ronnie had the chance to lead 6-4,blew it and that was the turning point in the end

yeah remember it.

Hopefully he can make the most of those chances this time around.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Jimmy is naturally funny.

'Steve Davis and Terry Griffiths went to Dallas to do an exhibition and I think that ruined it' :-D

Brilliant stuff by Jimmy. Him and Alex Higgins should have went instead of those 2 slow and boring grinders. :td:

Power to the flair players :win:

Steve Davis a grinder <doh>

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Shame that so many Ronnie fans are imbeciles but there is nothing he can do about it I suppose

He has a lot more fans than any other player, so it's inevitable there will be imbeciles amongst them. Not so difficult to understand, in my opinion.

Good point - but proportionally say he has twice as many fans as Judd but how often have you seen a Judd fan behave in that manner?

He doesn't have twice as many fans as Trump. It's probably closer to five times as many. Honestly. And Trump is probably the second most popular player.

Comparing the amount of Ronnie fans to the amount of Trump fans is like comparing the population of China to the population of Liechtenstein.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:He has a lot more fans than any other player, so it's inevitable there will be imbeciles amongst them. Not so difficult to understand, in my opinion.

Good point - but proportionally say he has twice as many fans as Judd but how often have you seen a Judd fan behave in that manner?

He doesn't have twice as many fans as Trump. It's probably closer to five times as many. Honestly. And Trump is probably the second most popular player.

Much closer than that mate but yea Ronnie is still the main man

No it isn't. I'm probably being a bit generous. The gap is closing but is still very, very wide. Wouldn't be too worried about it, because I think a lot of the Ronnie fans will become Trump fans in years to come.

I bucking won't, personally speaking.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Cloud will just stop watching snooker.

No he won't, Robbo fan in the making.