Post a reply

Re: 19.com Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Trump is overplayed.

There are too many tournaments being played and if a player is entering all of them and successful and reaching the final stages of all them their form will suffer.

Hearn is overloading the calendar. It is also too much for most snooker fans. Accepted that some fans want snooker on 365 days a year but when it reaches saturation point then the importance of each event becomes diluted and interest wanes as does the form of top players.

It is quantity over quality.

He is at the moment - especially after last weeks final but he seems to be coping pretty well....by getting to yet another final :dance2:

He has made the final but only because his opposition has been awful, similar to O'Sullivan.

This week has been a very bad advertisement for the so called 'depth in snooker'.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:

There are too many tournaments being played and if a player is entering all of them and successful and reaching the final stages of all them their form will suffer.

Hearn is overloading the calendar. It is also too much for most snooker fans. Accepted that some fans want snooker on 365 days a year but when it reaches saturation point then the importance of each event becomes diluted and interest wanes as does the form of top players.

We're into year nine or ten of this now, and there is nothing whatsoever to suggest people are getting too much snooker.

Absalautly

Postby Ck147

They don't have to enter all of them, Trump is doing a good job, he's young enough to cope. Older ones pick and choose, or go out early after a gruelling tournament. I don't think Robbo tried after his CoC win, was probably happy to have a break. Fans can pick and choose too. More tournaments, more sponsors, more money, better for snooker.

Postby Iranu

Yeah three finals in a row, he’s really suffering.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:buck ME THAT WAS NO-NONSENSE BY LEO SCULLION.

Earned his pay cheque there

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Shame that so many Ronnie fans are imbeciles but there is nothing he can do about it I suppose

He has a lot more fans than any other player, so it's inevitable there will be imbeciles amongst them. Not so difficult to understand, in my opinion.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Shame that so many Ronnie fans are imbeciles but there is nothing he can do about it I suppose

He has a lot more fans than any other player, so it's inevitable there will be imbeciles amongst them. Not so difficult to understand, in my opinion.

touché

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Good point - but proportionally say he has twice as many fans as Judd but how often have you seen a Judd fan behave in that manner?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Good point - but proportionally say he has twice as many fans as Judd but how often have you seen a Judd fan behave in that manner?

I have seen it. Judd even had to tell his entourage to quiet down, they were cheering every time Robbo missed a shot, for example.