Post a reply

19.com Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 11th ~ Sunday 16th of November at The Waterfront Hall, Belfast

Ronnie O'Sullivan after a comfortable 5-1 win over Shaun Murphy is still on course for a repeat of last years final against Judd Trump but first Judd has to get past John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan has to beat Joe Perry.

Who will be in the final and play for the Alex Higgins Trophy on Sunday?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Judd Trump v John Higgins Higgins leads 22-12
------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Perry v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 15-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: 19.com Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Law of average says that Perry is due to a win

In your law of averages, maybe

The confidence of Ronnie Fans is second to none <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

I'm happy it's some, not all.

MDG is the worst example though.

Postby Andre147

Trump should win, unless a major choke from him happens, or Higgins plays like a man possessed.

And ROS should also win, easily or not. And a repeat of last year's final, hopefully not the same result.

Postby Iranu

Law of averages says you’re due to be confident in Ronnie, yet here we are.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Ronnie fans: “RONNIE O’SULLIVAN IS THE GREATEST SNOOKER PLAYER OF ALL TIME, HE FEARS NOBODY, AND WHY WOULD HE?”

Also Ronnie fans: “ Law of averages says that Joe Perry is due a win”

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:Joe Perry deserves to have a proper ranking title under his belt.

I don't think that he has a good chance against Ronnie, though.

Even if he somehow beat Ronnie, Trump or Higgins would prove a bit too much for him over 17 frames.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:
Vallomas wrote:Joe Perry deserves to have a proper ranking title under his belt.

I don't think that he has a good chance against Ronnie, though.

Even if he somehow beat Ronnie, Trump or Higgins would prove a bit too much for him over 17 frames.

Think it would be close against Higgins

Postby hendry_fan

So it,s Judd v John and Ronnie v Joe.

John has,nt really been tested the whole of the week so far and his scoreing,snooker in General,bar in some frames of course has,nt been that great.

Even in his match against Selby,he did,nt Play that great,the frame winning century he made was,nt the most difficult to make neither,of course,he still had to do it,but there was open reds all over the shop.

All the other opponents he faced,were,nt top Players,bar Mags and he usually gets the better of Mags anyway.

He has a chance of beating Judd,you always have a chance to beat your opponent tbf <laugh> ,but he,s gonna have to up his game at least 2 gears and he,s gonna have to hope that Judd goes done a gear,2,i don,t think he,ll beat Judd,it won,t surprise me if he does though.

Joe to beat Ron,naaaaaaah,Joe,s like Smurph and many other players,he gets,still gets intimidated by the Ronster,often can,t Play to the Level we all know he,s capable of.

Ronnie,like many times,has been there/was there for the takin,or he at least could,ve been put under pressure,but his opponents did,nt take the chances they got,they blew,wasted to many of em.

I saw every match Ron played,bar the peifan one and they all had decent,numerous chances,but as they often do,they well n truly blew most of the chances they got.

Oli Lines eg missed about 4 blacks off the spot.

It does,nt really matter if the Ronster will beat Joe 6-0,6-3,,6-5,whatever,he,ll beat him,thats what counts.

Would be funny if the Final ended up bein Higgins v Perry <laugh> ,deep down i,m of course hopin that that,ll be the case,but i,ll be happy with 2nd Prize as well though= Judd winning the tourney. :-D

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:Ronnie fans: “RONNIE O’SULLIVAN IS THE GREATEST SNOOKER PLAYER OF ALL TIME, HE FEARS NOBODY, AND WHY WOULD HE?”

Also Ronnie fans: “ Law of averages says that Joe Perry is due a win”

Lolz. It's true.

He's been so fun in this tournament. His first frame against Oli Lines was a study in negative play, and then he switches it up and goes for everything against Murphy. The fact he can muck about with his style of play, and still win, is magnificent.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Mate. I considered going to Belfast. Look at this line up.

Why the hell am I not there?

DECLINE!

DISGRACE!

OUTRAGIOUS BEHAVIOUR!!!. :wild: :grrr:

:-D