Post a reply

19.com Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 11th ~ Sunday 16th of November at The Waterfront Hall, Belfast

There are 5 players that have won the World Championship 14 times between them including the Current World Champion Judd Trump in the Quarter Finals here in Northern Ireland.

Plus a few surprises on either side of age and experience divide Anthony Hamilton at 48 years of age that was struggling to hold on to his tour status and Alexander Ursenbacher who is on a 1st of a 2 year card after coming through Q School in the summer for his second stint on Tour.

The Tournament Gets serious now with a place in the Semi Final up for grabs.

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Judd Trump v Anthony Hamilton Trump leads 3-2
Mark Selby v John Higgins Selby leads 15-13
------------------------------------------------------------
Joe Perry v Alexander Ursenbacher Never played before
Shaun Murphy v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 14-4

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: 19.com Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

To date Mark Selby has got closest to win the million pound lol

2016 Wenbo last 64
2017 O'Sullivan last 32
2018 Bingham last 128
2019 Selby Q Finals

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:The head to head between Ronnie and Murphy is 14-4? Wow.

Well Ronnie is quite a lot better than him... I'm surprised your surprised!

So am I actually.

I thought it was well known that Murphy had a mental block against beating Ronnie. I think he always puts too much pressure on himself to beat Ronnie, and so struggles with his game. He's almost Ali Carter-ish in his struggles against Ronnie.

If anything, Murphy beating Ronnie in that Champion Of Champions final was a much bigger surprise than Murphy having a poor head-to-head against Ronnie.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I didn't realise Murphy had such a bad record against Ronnie.

How does nobody know this?

I would've sworn we talked about it every time they played.

Only Holden seems surprised.

Bit harsh to call him a nobody, SF.

Postby TheRocket

Its not just a mental block.

In an 1 vs 1 sport its always about match ups. And Ronnie is a bad match up for Murphy. Murphys allround game is poor. Maybe not even Top16 level. So he relies on outpotting and outscoring his opponents (overpowering).

But how are you supposed to do that against someone who has a better attacking game and more scoring power than yourself? It aint gonna work unless that guy has an off day.

In other words. If Ronnie plays anywhere close to his best level (or even slightly above average), he'll always beat Murphy 4 out of 5 times.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:From what I've seen so far Higgins it not playing well enough to beat Selby. But maybe the old man can find his form today and produce the goods.

Higgins will probably be a little worse for wear after his antics last night.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:From what I've seen so far Higgins it not playing well enough to beat Selby. But maybe the old man can find his form today and produce the goods.

Yeah, poor show to get into that condition the night before a match.

He deserves to lose for that.

Postby carayip

SnookerFan wrote:When is Higgins due to play? Is it afternoon, or directly after this match?

Surely, if he's got a monster hangover, he has very little chance of winning the match.

I believe that incident happened a few days ago, not last night. Higgins got drunk and still won his matches anyway

Postby Erza Scarlet

Cloud Strife wrote:

It didn't happen last night. It happened few days earlier then after the the news spread, his manager contacted the taxi driver yesterday.