Post a reply

Re: 19.com English Open Final !!!!!

Postby Ash147

Selby is the 2019 English Open winner, beating David Gilbert 9-1. It is his 16th ranking title, and his first tournament win in over a year. Well played.

Postby Iranu

Tremendous performance from Selby today :D good to see him back in form and winning fluently, albeit at the expense of someone I was rooting for this week.

I’m sure Gilbert will win a ranking event eventually, hopefully this season. Didn’t have much of a chance to get going today, Selby punished him emphatically for every error.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:Tremendous performance from Selby today :D good to see him back in form and winning fluently, albeit at the expense of someone I was rooting for this week.

I’m sure Gilbert will win a ranking event eventually, hopefully this season. Didn’t have much of a chance to get going today, Selby punished him emphatically for every error.

+1

Postby Ash147

Selby has 97% pot success, missing only 7 pots. Ronnie won the same tournament two years ago with 97% pot success, missing only 6 pots.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:Selby has 97% pot success, missing only 7 pots. Ronnie won the same tournament two years ago with 97% pot success, missing only 6 pots.

See, Ronnie's better.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Nice speech Dave

Yep, nice guy

Postby Andre147

Well played Selby.

Of all the 4 finals Dave has contested, this one he didnt get a chance, yes he might have made the score more respectable, but Selby would always win the match.

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Foulds confirming England as a great sporting nation

I used to be impartial with sporting teams/players. I supported England as a child because I was a Londoner. My father is from Cork and mother was from Essex although her father was Armenian. My name is fully Irish but my appearance is Eastern European.

For many years I have been indifferent to patriotism but have favoured England because I am a Londoner. However, since 'Brexit' I have heard such racism against anyone who isn't 'fully English' that I now dislike the country I have spent my most of my life in.

I know a lot of people who are English and whose parents are English and they are very nice but I also know there are a lot of people who think they are superior because they and their families are English.

By the way. England was once a barren land. Everyone came from somewhere else.

Brexit happened because so many people thought England was a special 'piece of land'.

The second world war finished in 1945.....

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Yeah, English people used to be Belgian, but we threw them out for being too hooligan like. That's how England was born.

Life in Belgium was too simple for us.

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think Selby comes across as a decent person

Yes.

Yep, don't get all the hate against him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Yeah, English people used to be Belgian, but we threw them out for being too hooligan like. That's how England was born.

Nah, we were sick of you lot. Eating your dirty fish and chips and drinking tea all the time.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Nah, we were sick of you lot. Eating your dirty fish and chips and drinking tea all the time.

I agree that England does not show enough respect for healthy eating and healthy lifestyles. Our health minister could learn a thing or two from talking to their Belgian counterpart...