Post a reply

Re: 19.com English Open Final !!!!!

Postby carayip

Iranu wrote:There’s an extremely slim hope here for Gilbert in that Selby’s a relatively poor front runner. Not that I expect him to win.

I could remember comeback against even players like Ronnie and Higgins in a final but I couldn’t remember any against Selby in a big final

Postby Ck147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Was that your phone SF?

His burger's ready.

:lol:

Another chance for Gilbert

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've moved back into the K2.

The pub said they'd bring my dinner round when it's ready.

Where are you sitting? I tried to look out for you earlier.

Seat F7 presently. I am supposed to be front row. But I want to be able to see the table properly.

Red t-shirt next to the aisle?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've moved back into the K2.

The pub said they'd bring my dinner round when it's ready.

Where are you sitting? I tried to look out for you earlier.

Seat F7 presently. I am supposed to be front row. But I want to be able to see the table properly.

Red t-shirt next to the aisle?

He's the one eating the burger.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby was lucky to fluke the snooker but I guess Gilbert would have found a way to lose the frame either way.

You’ve been pretty harsh on Gilbert today in my opinion.

Selby was awesome this afternoon. If it was Ronnie playing like that many on here would be salivating.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby was lucky to fluke the snooker but I guess Gilbert would have found a way to lose the frame either way.

Selby was awesome this afternoon. If it was Ronnie playing like that many on here would be salivating.

I have been harsh. But Gilbert has had his chances and did nothing with them. Selby's been playing great but it's not as if he's not making any mistakes.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:

Only watched the first few frames but that was my impression.

Ronnie in 2017 might have scored better than Selby today, but Selby has also been clinical.

Postby Ash147

If Selby wins 9-1 it will be the largest margin of victory out of any of the Home Nations events, surpassing Ronnie's 9-2 win against Wilson at the 2017 English Open.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Selby's been great but he has made mistakes that other players would have punished him for. Gilbert has also made it very easy for Selby by playing crap safeties, leaving easy pots, and doing nothing with the chances he gets.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:If Selby wins 9-1 it will be the largest margin of victory out of any of the Home Nations events, surpassing Ronnie's 9-2 win against Wilson at the 2017 English Open.

Would be great to see Selby back on top of his game.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Didn't watch the first session as i was playing snooker but Selby's stats look impressive

He was excellent.