Post a reply

Re: 19.com English Open Final !!!!!

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Drab one-sided final.

This could be one of the most one sided Home Nations finals. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a similar scoreline to Ronnie's 9-2 win at the 2017 English Open.
Last edited by Ash147 on 20 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

I actually think 6-2 would be a false lead for Gilbert given what’s happened to him in previous finals.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:I actually think 6-2 would be a false lead for Gilbert given what’s happened to him in previous finals.

Even 7-1 would be a false lead for Gilbert.

Postby Wildey

Its the first frame and you lot are underestimating him big time yea hes had his chances in the past but he has played well in those big matches

Postby Ash147

I think all of the previous Home Nations finals have been good matches. I'm struggling to think of one that was not entertaining. Seeing Bingham beat Davis in last year's English Open was probably the worst of them, but I think that was because everyone was hoping Davis would win that one.
Last edited by Ash147 on 20 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:

Its the first frame and you lot are underestimating him big time yea hes had his chances in the past but he has played well in those big matches

There's more chance of Gilbert getting whitewashed than there is of him winning this match.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who made a 147?

Didn't count. There was a double in it.

Yea have you ever heard so much rubbish coming from a pundit ever.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Yes I have. I've listened to Dennis Taylor.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Ronnie last night made Dennis sound like Clive Everton

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Ronnie last night made Dennis sound like Clive Everton

Doubt Ronnie would have said that if Higgins had completed his maximum with that double in the WC final.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Fabulous break of one by Gilbert. Followed by a break of zero.

:hatoff:

Showcasing the quality that can expect in this final from Gilbert.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnie last night made Dennis sound like Clive Everton

Doubt Ronnie would have said that if Higgins had completed his maximum with that double in the WC final.

Andy Goldstein thought he was joking but he was deadly serious i like Ronnie as a pundit but you get the feeling this week its a inconvenience for him to be there

Postby Holden Chinaski

There's no pressure at all on Selby. He left Gilbert in amongst the balls in perfect position and Gilbert couldn't even pot the first red.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:There's no pressure at all on Selby. He left Gilbert in amongst the balls in perfect position and Gilbert couldn't even pot the first red.

Yea its always a help when that happens

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:There's no pressure at all on Selby. He left Gilbert in amongst the balls in perfect position and Gilbert couldn't even pot the first red.

I think everyone could see this happening before the final had even begun. Gilbert was never going to win this match. He's probably just turned up to have some of the free water.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ash147 wrote:

I think everyone could see this happening before the final had even begun. Gilbert was never going to win this match. He's probably just turned up to have some of the free water.

pmsl

Postby eraserhead

Ash147 wrote:

His best hope was something like the PHC. That's not a ranker anymore though.

Postby Ash147

eraserhead wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

His best hope is a final against Matthew Stevens.

Postby carayip

Ash147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

His best hope is a final against Matthew Stevens.

Well if Gilbert faced either Jimmy Robertson or Joe Perry in last year’s European Masters, I think he would be the favourite

Postby Holden Chinaski

carayip wrote:I have noticed that Gilbert missed quite a lot of dead straight balls especially when under pressure

I have noticed Gilbert sucks in finals.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
carayip wrote:I have noticed that Gilbert missed quite a lot of dead straight balls especially when under pressure

I have noticed Gilbert sucks in finals.

I think you might be onto something there.