Post a reply

Re: 19.com English Open Last 32 and Last 16 !!!

Postby Iranu

A few seasons ago I was saying that Allen’s best game is a level below those of the truly top players. That’s all changed now.

Postby Prop

It’s all part of his middle finger to Hearn, this insistence that only China matters, and that he’s only playing the few rankers that suit him. Remember when he was spouting off about a breakaway tour, well this is part and parcel of it. He’s not really kidding anyone though. And it’s pretty selfish. Yeah, sure, he gets big appearance fees over there and all the rest of it. But he knows it’s not great in terms of popularity and coverage of UK events, and therefore is a way to get at Hearn. I don’t know what the beef is, but there’s definitely beef.

You can sit all day and say snooker isn’t affected by his absence. But that’s simply not true. He knows this, and he’s using it petulantly. Would snooker continue to grow in popularity and coverage without him? Yes. But would it be quite the same? No.

His aura and enigma will not last forever. As fans of the sport, we can only wish he’d choose to see out the rest of career without this chip on his shoulder.

Postby Vallomas

It was Ford's 5th career maximum, it's crazy that only legends like ROS, Hendry, Higgins and Ding have scored more 147s (and Murphy, Fu and Bingham, far more succesful than him in tournament winning, are equal).

Postby Iranu

Vallomas wrote:It was Ford's 5th career maximum, it's crazy that only legends like ROS, Hendry, Higgins and Ding have scored more 147s (and Murphy, Fu and Bingham, far more succesful than him in tournament winning, are equal).

Has anyone made more non-tv table maximums?

(I’m guessing Ford-Murphy was the ES Player match, but in terms of main TV table I mean).

Postby McManusFan

Looks like I missed a lot of drama last night. Ronnie, Neilo, and Trump all out. Looking dire for Hawky too.

It's good to see Selby having a bit of a run too, he's been in the doldrums for too long.

Postby Vallomas

Iranu wrote:
Vallomas wrote:It was Ford's 5th career maximum, it's crazy that only legends like ROS, Hendry, Higgins and Ding have scored more 147s (and Murphy, Fu and Bingham, far more succesful than him in tournament winning, are equal).

(I’m guessing Ford-Murphy was the ES Player match, but in terms of main TV table I mean).

No, it wasn't on table 2 which was covered on Player!

Interesting stat that, I don't remember a Ford maximum on a televised table.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:

Willie Thorne has made loads on the practice table if that counts.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Willie Thorne has made loads on the practice table if that counts.

rofl

Postby Iranu

Vallomas wrote:
Iranu wrote:

No, it wasn't on table 2 which was covered on Player!

Interesting stat that, I don't remember a Ford maximum on a televised table.

Wow really?

Yeah, me neither. Says a lot about how affected he is by being on TV, I think.

Postby Wildey

Prop wrote:It’s all part of his middle finger to Hearn, this insistence that only China matters, and that he’s only playing the few rankers that suit him. Remember when he was spouting off about a breakaway tour, well this is part and parcel of it. He’s not really kidding anyone though. And it’s pretty selfish. Yeah, sure, he gets big appearance fees over there and all the rest of it. But he knows it’s not great in terms of popularity and coverage of UK events, and therefore is a way to get at Hearn. I don’t know what the beef is, but there’s definitely beef.

You can sit all day and say snooker isn’t affected by his absence. But that’s simply not true. He knows this, and he’s using it petulantly. Would snooker continue to grow in popularity and coverage without him? Yes. But would it be quite the same? No.

His aura and enigma will not last forever. As fans of the sport, we can only wish he’d choose to see out the rest of career without this chip on his shoulder.

No Thats Wrong Ronnie just doesn't want to be dominated by Snooker thats the point of having 20+ tournaments you get to plan what you do other sports has had this for years.

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:So Tom Ford has made 2 maximum breaks this season, and only earned £5000 for them? Barry Hearn is a joke.

The Joke is the Target.

Had he taken the Average over the Last say 10 years which is 8.3 round it off to 9 and say £300,000 share it if there's 9 147.

Thats a tough target but gettable and has been done 5 times in the last 10 years but there's 5 times its not been done too.

Thats a 50% chance of doing it.

Postby Ash147

Lemnas wrote:
Ash147 wrote:So Tom Ford has made 2 maximum breaks this season, and only earned £5000 for them? Barry Hearn is a joke.

£11000

So £5000 for one and £6000 for the other? Still a joke for two maximums.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:What a disgrace of a quarter-final line up. Five of the eight have never won a ranking event.

But hopefully one of them wins it, Gilbert is my pick.