Post a reply

19.com English Open Last 64 !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 14th ~ Sunday 20th of October at The K2, Crawley

It's the Last 64 of the first leg of the Home Nations series, and no big surprises in the first round, with almost all the top players winning, exception of out of form Ding Junhui at the hands of Dominic Dale, and Stephen Maguire losing in an hour v the fastest player on tour Thepchaiya Un-Nooh.

Will this trend continue or will there be some surprise results? Anything can happen in these Best of 7s.

DRAW

Selected Last 64 Matches
Stuart Bingham v Si Jiahui
Zhou Yuelong v Ben Woollaston
Dominic Dale v Xu Si
Bai Langning v Kyren Wilson
Sunny Akani v Shaun Murphy
Neil Robertson v Marco Fu
Zhao Xintong v Anthony Hamilton
Jimmy Robertson v Kurt Maflin
Joe O'Connor v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Michael Holt v Mark Williams
Ryan Day v Elliot Slessor
Alfie Burden v Jack Lisowski
Martin O'Donnell v Mark Selby
Mark Allen v Andy Lee
Barry v Michael Georgiou
Daniel Wells v Judd Trump

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: 19.com English Open Last 64 !!!!

Postby Pink Ball

carayip wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/15/world-number-three-mark-williams-quite-close-walking-away-snooker-10924532/

Doesn’t sound good

A lot of players you can't take at face value, but I wouldn't be inclined to call Williams out. If he does retire, he'll have had a fairly glorious end to a glorious career. What happened in 17/18, nobody could have predicted, not even me, and I know almost everything about snooker, far more than anyone else.

Postby carayip

Pink Ball wrote:
carayip wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/15/world-number-three-mark-williams-quite-close-walking-away-snooker-10924532/

Doesn’t sound good

A lot of players you can't take at face value, but I wouldn't be inclined to call Williams out. If he does retire, he'll have had a fairly glorious end to a glorious career. What happened in 17/18, nobody could have predicted, not even me, and I know almost everything about snooker, far more than anyone else.

Yeah, MJW usually does what he says. If he says he wants to retire he will definitely retire. I think it’s looking very likely to be the end of this season

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:If you can earn an easy 150-200k a year then why retire

Because he's already a millionaire, has a young family to spend time with and can still make money playing exhibitions and seniors events?

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:Maybe Craigie was confused as to whom he was playing. Eurosport are advertising that his opponent is Ricky Walton

rofl

That or he is still waiting for the Order Of Play to load on his phone.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:Si Jiahui laying the smack down.

Playing some nice stuff. And not hanging about. You’d think in a longer format Bingo might get into the match, but he’s done for here I reckon.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:

Playing some nice stuff. And not hanging about. You’d think in a longer format Bingo might get into the match, but he’s done for here I reckon.

One to look out for?

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

One to look out for?

No.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

One to look out for?

No.

So, his stuff isn't that nice? rofl

Postby Prop

Don’t get me wrong, SF, his stuff has been lovely today. But how many young players have a good day and then don’t live up to the unrealistic hype they find themselves burdened with?

Postby Prop

Ash147 wrote:
Prop wrote:Selby plays The MOD later. One for the purists?

It could be the longest best of 7 match ever.

Yep, think I’ll watch Lisowski instead, assuming he’s playing at the same time.

Also Robbo vs Fu could be decent. Both players that have recently made efforts to play at the sort of pace that seems to get better results.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Selby plays The MOD later. One for the purists?

Which mod? Wild? Dan-Cat?

Oh we’d know about it if Wild ever crossed cues with his hero.