Post a reply

English open unknowns

Postby chengdufan

Anyone know anything about amateurs Mark Lloyd and Amiri Amine who are in the English Open draw? Haven't come across either before.
Or why John Higgins hasn't entered?

Re: English open unknowns

Postby carayip

I think the reason why Higgins doesn’t enter this is the same as Willo doesn’t enter the World Open. They’re getting old and simply want more time off snooker and they’re in no danger of dropping out of top 16 status soon so they don’t really care about those ranking points either

Postby Iranu

Busy period coming up on the calendar, and Higgins is obviously going to want to enter the Scottish Open so this is an obvious choice for him to skip, I guess.

Postby carayip

Iranu wrote:Busy period coming up on the calendar, and Higgins is obviously going to want to enter the Scottish Open so this is an obvious choice for him to skip, I guess.

If Higgins does reasonably well in World Open, I guess he might skip Northern Ireland too

Postby Lemnas

chengdufan wrote:Amiri Amine

He is the African Tour Nomination and it is his first event. But he will play like an amateur, so you are not completely wrong.

Postby Andre147

I dont know them either. I've reffed a lot of amateur players that most people here haven't heard of them, but these 2 are complete unknowns to me.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:If we knew the unknowns, would they still be unknown?

as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know

Saviour?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Saviour?

Saviour’s a known unknown.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Saviour?

Close. Former Secretary of Defense and architect of the second gulf war Donald Rumsfeld.

Postby Wildey

chengdufan wrote:Anyone know anything about amateurs Mark Lloyd and Amiri Amine who are in the English Open draw? Haven't come across either before.
Or why John Higgins hasn't entered?

Amiri Amine is a first year Pro having got on tour through the African Games in Casablanca

http://www.worldsnooker.com/players/amine-amiri/

Hes done virtually nothing in any other comp as far as i can see.

i think things needs to change give these players a Wild Card on to the challenge tour see how they get on there and give more spots to get on tour via the Challenge Series promotion and relegation its Stupid having better players on the challenge tour than some on the Main Tour.

and they will probably earn more money than they do on the Main Tour.

Postby Tim Dunkley

Mark Lloyd, who will turn 20 at the end of this month, is from Gosport - near Portsmouth - on the south coast of England.

Mark has been a Cuestars player for ten years or more. He was handed a wildcard for winning the English Under-21 Championship last season.

In 2014/15, he won the English Under-16 Championship and the following year won the Under-18 title.

Mark currently plays on the EPSB Premier Tour.

Tim

Postby chengdufan

Thanks for the replies everyone. Some good knowledge on here :)

Postby vodkadiet1

Higgins hasn't entered as a protest against the retarded UK government and the racist that is the current become PM. He is saying "buck England".

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet1 wrote:Higgins hasn't entered as a protest against the retarded UK government and the racist that is the current become PM. He is saying "buck England".

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Higgins hasn't entered as a protest against the retarded UK government and the racist that is the current become PM. He is saying "buck England".

Morrissey is Irish and his position on Brexit is disgraceful.