Post a reply

Re: 2019 World Seniors Championship - The Crucible

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Wow DT did good, called a black pot followed by white going in, and that's exactly what happened...poor Morgan. Can see this frame taking 2 hours the way the balls are.

Where you watching it CK?

Eurosport??

FreeSports, freeview channel 64

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Wow DT did good, called a black pot followed by white going in, and that's exactly what happened...poor Morgan. Can see this frame taking 2 hours the way the balls are.

Eurosport??

:hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet1 wrote:Wonderful athletes are Morgan and White. They are a credit to their personal trainers.

Give them a break, they are old men now. They are entitled to have let themselves go abit.

Postby Ck147

Athletes? Don't think they would ever claim to be that even back in their day. Sportsmen, yeah.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Eurosport??

I can never find it on my Freeview telly.

Have to watch it on Virgin.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Jimmy has finally won the Crucible!

They were really acting like this win would be comparable to Jimmy actually winning The Crucible last night, it was sad.

Michaela referred to it as refereeing her third Crucible final.

It all felt a bit needy somehow. They're exhibition events, at the end of the day.

Not having a go at Jimmy, but winning a best of nine over Darren Morgan doesn't mean he can go round saying he's won The Crucible, just because that's where it was held.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Jimmy has finally won the Crucible!

They were really acting like this win would be comparable to Jimmy actually winning The Crucible last night, it was sad.

Michaela referred to it as refereeing her third Crucible final.

It all felt a bit needy somehow. They're exhibition events, at the end of the day.

Not having a go at Jimmy, but winning a best of nine over Darren Morgan doesn't mean he can go round saying he's won The Crucible, just because that's where it was held.

Case in point.

https://twitter.com/Snookerlegends/stat ... 3756903425

<doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Well done, Jim. This win fully justifies the tour wildcard Barry Hearn gave him. The naysayers have been left with egg on their faces.

Any minute now, Jimmy fans will start telling us to eat crow, and then have a meltdown where they keep posting nudes.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Well done, Jim. This win fully justifies the tour wildcard Barry Hearn gave him. The naysayers have been left with egg on their faces.

Any minute now, Jimmy fans will start telling us to eat crow, and then have a meltdown where they keep posting nudes.

EAT CROW, SNOOKERFAN!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

EAT CROW, SNOOKERFAN!!!

I did.

It tastes like chicken.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:The BBC website notices snooker that's not on their channel, for once, and this is it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/49394278

At least they've said it for what it is. He's won the seniors World Championship at The Crucible. They're not trying to imply he's won The Crucible.

They acknowledged it only because it was won by Jimmy. I doubt the BBC would have given two poops if it was anyone else.

Postby Iranu

They had an article about Yan Bingtao winning Riga, and regular articles with results from the International Champs.

I like the trophy, looks like a genie would pop out if you rubbed it.
Last edited by Iranu on 19 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Now that he's got the monkey off his back it's only a matter of time until he wins the big one.

It was great to see Jimmy bring his practice form to the match table for once. Hopefully, a sign of things to come.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:They had an article about Yan Bingtao winning Riga, and regular articles with results from the International Champs.

I like the trophy, looks like a genie would pop out if you tubbed it.

It looks like a miniature version of the Grand Prix trophy.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Many years ago the darts player James Wade who is a strange individual called himself a three time world champion because he won the World Matchplay once and the World Grand Prix twice. Using that logic White is a six time world champion.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Now that he's got the monkey off his back it's only a matter of time until he wins the big one.

It was great to see Jimmy bring his practice form to the match table for once. Hopefully, a sign of things to come.

From what little I saw of Jimmy White this 'tournament', he was playing awfully.

If that's his practice form, his idea of flying in practice is different to mine.

Postby hitman_ronnie1

SnookerFan wrote:From what little I saw of Jimmy White this 'tournament', he was playing awfully.

If that's his practice form, his idea of flying in practice is different to mine.

25k for winning that old mickey mouse tournament.

bet he earns more these days than he did in his prime years. :win:

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:From what little I saw of Jimmy White this 'tournament', he was playing awfully.

25k for winning that old mickey mouse tournament.

bet he earns more these days than he did in his prime years. :win:

It's absurd, isn't it?

Here's Jason Francis weighing in on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Snookerlegends/stat ... 1905414144

:roll: