Postby SnookerFan

Acé wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Acé wrote:All the eurosport pundits are world champions lol

Ronnie - World snooker champion
Jimmy - World seniors champion
Reanne - Women's world champion

their revenue should be sky high next season

Does Neal Foulds count as a pundit? He's in the studio sometimes.

Would classify him as more of a commentator personally

Yeah, you're probably right.

Re: Rokit World Seniors Championship !!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Scooper wrote:The late Willie thought she brightened the place up

Yeah, she was radiant back in the day. Not so much these days.

I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH AND I bucking MEANT IT.

What people look like are non of our business on here everyone gets older etc etc

Now any more of this rubbish and its ban time.

Postby CUE CRAFTY

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Scooper wrote:The late Willie thought she brightened the place up

Yeah, she was radiant back in the day. Not so much these days.

I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH AND I bucking MEANT IT.

What people look like are non of our business on here everyone gets older etc etc

Now any more of this rubbish and its ban time.

Agreed - but she is an average referee at best.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:https://twitter.com/SHendry775/status/1297293164261318656

Shame that didn't happen.

I'd rather see Hendry there than Jimmy getting his bottom smacked again.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Hendry in a proper tournament with the top players would be a bit of a dream match after all these years away.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:

Henry would have got his bottom smacked too.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Henry would have got his bottom smacked too.

Yeah, probably.

Postby GeF

Season will start soon and we know 127 out the 128 tour players.

Will Barry gives a Wild Card to the guy who loose a best of 9 leading 4-0 against Jimmy ?

Postby SnookerFan

GeF wrote:Season will start soon and we know 127 out the 128 tour players.

Will Barry gives a Wild Card to the guy who loose a best of 9 leading 4-0 against Jimmy ?

I'd be surprised of he didn't.

Postby hendry_fan

Did,nt watch the Final,but have just seen the scores.

Jimmy was 4-0 down but comes back to win 5-4!,that really is amazing. :clap: :dizzy: :dizzy: :bowdown:

It,s a very rare feat that a player comes back from 0-4 to end up winning 5-4.

Without lookin up,2 examples spring to mind.

I can recall where Hendry came back from being 0-4 down,to end up beating Campbell 5-4.

And i think Ronnie once came back from 0-4 down,to end up beating Higginson 5-4,at the German Masters,he actually ended up winning that tournament which sparked him back to life.

Many congrats to the Whirlwind!. :hatoff: <ok>

Postby Dan-cat

CUE CRAFTY wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If you were a player and had to choose between Jimmy Whites and Joe Johnsons/Graeme Dotts career/CV.

What would your choice be?

Thats a great question, it clearly asks is one world championship worth more than 6 World championship finals and a UK & a Masters title...

Not sure i could take 6 finals defeats but know i could live with one World title. Only a character like Jimmy could survive that and live on and still play like he did tonight. Legend!!

How is this even a question??

Jimmy's career all day long. He is a legend of the game.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:
I can recall where Hendry came back from being 0-4 down,to end up beating Campbell 5-4.

Hello HF :hyper: Do you remember when Hendry also lost to Campbell 9 nil? :wave:

The word ignominious was invented for such a defeat.

<laugh> <laugh>

Just joshing. :win:

On a serious note, really ace to see the Bairn taking it seriously again with Sightright coaching... could there be a swansong in his career? I truly hope so. He's far too good not to be playing decent snooker.

Postby hendry_fan

Good morning Dan-Cat,

I actually forgot bout that 9-0 spanking,ta for bringing it up again though.

Check this out,......

,....... https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/sno ... 86150.html

Outta curiosity,i just looked up the H to H btween the 2,did,nt expect to see what it says.

They only ever played on 3 occasions and Campbell beat Hendry on 2 occasions,he almost beat him all 3 times.

https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/mar ... hen-hendry

It,s indeed gonna be very intrestin to see what Hendry decides to do.

I dunno if he,s gonna be willing to put the practice in as well as make the odd adjustments though.

Oh,another thing bar his comeback against Campbell that i can also recall,i can recall WHEN HE WENT ON TO WIN THE WORLDS FOR A RECORD BREAKING 7TH TIME!!!!!!! and it wasnae long after his 9-0 spanking.

:win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win: :win:

:happy:

Well,thats all yur buckin gettin fae me for the mom,gotta go,the missus has just yelled at me again,she,s cooked some beans on toast. :wave: :-D

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
CUE CRAFTY wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If you were a player and had to choose between Jimmy Whites and Joe Johnsons/Graeme Dotts career/CV.

What would your choice be?

Thats a great question, it clearly asks is one world championship worth more than 6 World championship finals and a UK & a Masters title...

Not sure i could take 6 finals defeats but know i could live with one World title. Only a character like Jimmy could survive that and live on and still play like he did tonight. Legend!!

How is this even a question??

Jimmy's career all day long. He is a legend of the game.

Jimmy’s not a legend just because of his career, though. In fact career-wise he’s legendary as a loser.

Postby badtemperedcyril

The fact that Jimmy never won the World Championship should not detract from him standing among the greats. He must be inside the all-time Top 10, albeit with a couple of world titles maybe a couple of places higher.

He was unfortunate insofar he came up against Davis in a final, Hendry in four and a virtually unplayable Parrott in 91. With the greatest respect to Ronnie (or rather his opponents), his world titles came against Higgins (ok - fair enough that was tough!), Dott, Carter (twice), Hawkins and Wilson. It's just bad luck for Jimmy that he was around at the wrong time.
Last edited by badtemperedcyril on 23 Aug 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:YOU'LL GET BUCK ALL FAE ME!

Yes, that drubbing probably spurred him on to that 7th. Although I recall there was something wrong with his tip. It's such a strange result for him.

He had the yips. I know this because he told us all.

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:The fact that Jimmy never won the World Championship should not detract from him standing among the greats. He must be inside the all-time Top 10, albeit with a couple of world titles maybe a couple of places higher.

He was unfortunate insofar he came up against Davis in a final, Hendry in four and a virtually unplayable Parrott in 91. With the greatest respect to Ronnie (or rather his opponents), his world titles came against Higgins (ok - fair enough that was tough!), Dott, Carter (twice), Hawkins and Wilson. It's just bad luck for Jimmy that he was around at the wrong time.

Eh, Doherty and Ebdon beat Hendry, Dennis and Johnson beat Davis. Jimmy should have won at least two of his finals. I think bad luck is an excuse, to be honest.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Iranu wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:The fact that Jimmy never won the World Championship should not detract from him standing among the greats. He must be inside the all-time Top 10, albeit with a couple of world titles maybe a couple of places higher.

Eh, Doherty and Ebdon beat Hendry, Dennis and Johnson beat Davis. Jimmy should have won at least two of his finals. I think bad luck is an excuse, to be honest.

I wasn't talking about Doherty or Ebdon - the example I gave was Ronnie's final opponents.