Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby HustleKing

Iranu wrote:The tournament’s got snooker on the homepage of the BBC website, which never happens outside of the Triple Crowns or the occasional Ronnie controversy.

I'll go better than that, SSN had an feature on Mark Selby earlier today and even showed him playing in a previous event (couldn't make out the event or the opponent).

Usually Sky will give results of a snooker event as they happen with a short description of the bigger matches in the revolving text box at the bottom of the screen, but that it's

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

vodkadiet1 wrote:Let's be honest this tournament is garbage. It might be okay in the early January but who wants 11 days of this nonsense in the middle of Summer? It wasn't that long long ago when there was no snooker for several months in the Summer anyway.

I might watch some of this but I'm not desperate for sport and this looks dull.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Come on Mark

Which one?

Postby Iranu

HustleKing wrote:
Iranu wrote:The tournament’s got snooker on the homepage of the BBC website, which never happens outside of the Triple Crowns or the occasional Ronnie controversy.

I'll go better than that, SSN had an feature on Mark Selby earlier today and even showed him playing in a previous event (couldn't make out the event or the opponent).

Usually Sky will give results of a snooker event as they happen with a short description of the bigger matches in the revolving text box at the bottom of the screen, but that it's

All good news, hopefully the ratings will be relatively good.

Postby SnookerFan

donthittheblue wrote:I never realised Olivier Martiel worked as a radiologist and did his snooker reffing in the holidays. Wow.

Yeah, I heard that before.

Postby SnookerFan

donthittheblue wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Joe Perry to do some commentary today and tomorrow

Christ on a bike. Is he the best they could find?

Still better than Phil Yates.

Postby SnookerEd25

donthittheblue wrote:

No, Dominic Dale is also on the mic <ok>

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerEd25 wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:

No, Dominic Dale is also on the mic <ok>

Oh good.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Hendry won’t be doing commentary, just punditry according to him. I wonder why that is.

Do pundits have to attend, or are they doing it from home?

Postby donthittheblue

Iranu wrote:Hendry won’t be doing commentary, just punditry according to him. I wonder why that is.

Are commentators at venue and pundits not? He might not be able to to the venue physically, and it's not our place to start speculating on reasons why.

To be honest I'm pretty amazed that only 1 player has had to not attend due to underlying health conditions that put them at risk of Covid-19. (or explicity stated that's the reason)

Anyway ITV4 already out-doing the BBC in scheduling the coverage to start at 2.50pm rather than 3.00pm which means matches might actually start at 3pm not 3.15pm.

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:We should be proud our sport is the first one back

I'm not entirely convinced that rushing back at a time like this is anything to be proud of.

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:We should be proud our sport is the first one back

I'm not entirely convinced that rushing back at a time like this is anything to be proud of.

Let's wait and see how this actually unfolds, at the end of the day players need to earn a living and all of the measures in place seem to be designed to prevent the spread of Covid-19. If this goes well it could massively boost the profile of the sport.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

Well, commentators are definitely on site (which seems un-necessary to me), while I believe the presentation will be done from home (or remotely).

Don't see why the commentators can't do it from home, too. Obviously, Dale and Perry are playing in the tournament but Dave Hendon doesn't need to be there does he?

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well, commentators are definitely on site (which seems un-necessary to me), while I believe the presentation will be done from home (or remotely).

Don't see why the commentators can't do it from home, too. Obviously, Dale and Perry are playing in the tournament but Dave Hendon doesn't need to be there does he?

Agree with you on that point. Assumed we'd be getting some Bundesliga style commentary from the comm teams homes with maybe Alan McManus and Fouldsy or something. Unless ITV4 aren't set up to take an audio feed separate from a visual feed... which would be insanely unprofessional.

Maybe Hendry thinks it's as daft as us and exercised his right not to go to the site but still present if the presenting is from - or as mentioned above could be for reasons were not privy too and have no need to know he just can't go on site.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:ITV need to hire John Virgo

To do what?

Make their tea?

Commentate on Snooker tournaments.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:ITV need to hire John Virgo

To do what?

Make their tea?

Commentate on Snooker tournaments.

Wouldn't really fit in on ITV, in my opinion.