Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.live Championship League

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Loose Women is a decent bit of chin wag, the few times i've dipped in. Some intelligent women being open and vulnerable.

It's good to hear a break from the misogyny. <ok>

Postby Iranu

Also ITV will presumably have contracts to honour with production companies and advertisers etc in terms of their schedule that have been agreed long before this tournament was confirmed. It’s impressive that they’ve been able to clear the ITV4 schedule, clearing ITV1 would presumably be very expensive.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:Loose Women is a decent bit of chin wag, the few times i've dipped in. Some intelligent women being open and vulnerable.

I would watch it if they put Reanne on the panel :love:

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:Also ITV will presumably have contracts to honour with production companies and advertisers etc in terms of their schedule that have been agreed long before this tournament was confirmed. It’s impressive that they’ve been able to clear the ITV4 schedule, clearing ITV1 would presumably be very expensive.

I hope Dennis Waterman wasn't counting on those repeat fees... :chin:

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:Also ITV will presumably have contracts to honour with production companies and advertisers etc in terms of their schedule that have been agreed long before this tournament was confirmed. It’s impressive that they’ve been able to clear the ITV4 schedule, clearing ITV1 would presumably be very expensive.

Well to be honest the Finals of Britains Got Talent was supose to be this Week so doubt thats the issue they just want to keep everyone happy considering most are staying indoors at the moment.

Postby SnookerFan

bucking Boris. He's letting us see our families now.

I was looking forward to getting left alone for the week whilst the snooker was on. People are going to want to see me now.

hammer.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:bucking Boris. He's letting us see our families now.

I was looking forward to getting left alone for the week whilst the snooker was on. People are going to want to see me now.

hammer.

Lol

Postby donthittheblue

SnookerFan wrote:bucking Boris. He's letting us see our families now.

hammer.

Tell em to do one

Postby sigsky

Let me post this quickly before this thread goes completely off topic. Oops, too late!

If snooker.org is correct the group winner will be decided by points, or if tied by most frames won, if still tied by fewest frames lost, and if still tied by ranking.

This will necessitate all 4 frames of each match be completed which is great.

I have little doubt that this is correct but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this.

The order of play was announced earlier today, I think it is on matchroom.live

Postby lhpirnie

sigsky wrote:Let me post this quickly before this thread goes completely off topic. Oops, too late!

If snooker.org is correct the group winner will be decided by points, or if tied by most frames won, if still tied by fewest frames lost, and if still tied by ranking.

I have little doubt that this is correct but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this.

I don't know exactly what the rules are, but it could be that two players are tied on 7 pts, but one of them won his earlier matches 3-0 rather than 3-1, so gets a better frame difference.

Personally, I'd prefer them to play all 4 frames, and then the group is decided by the one who won the most frames. This '3 points for a win' looks just like a gimmick - 4 frames is not much of a 'match'.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:
sigsky wrote:Let me post this quickly before this thread goes completely off topic. Oops, too late!

I don't know exactly what the rules are, but it could be that two players are tied on 7 pts, but one of them won his earlier matches 3-0 rather than 3-1, so gets a better frame difference.

Personally, I'd prefer them to play all 4 frames, and then the group is decided by the one who won the most frames. This '3 points for a win' looks just like a gimmick - 4 frames is not much of a 'match'.

For the record Snooker.org is looking in to the criteria which is different to the old Championship league as soon as i find out something ill post it here.

Postby Wildey

What happens this week is vital for pre vaccine Snooker and how socially distencing Snooker will work going forward basicly if things go badly this week and a few players test possitive then i dont think they can risk the World Championship.

Postby The Ace

Wildey wrote:What happens this week is vital for pre vaccine Snooker and how socially distencing Snooker will work going forward basicly if things go badly this week and a few players test possitive then i dont think they can risk the World Championship.

Negative Nelly.

Postby D4P

The Ace wrote:
Wildey wrote:What happens this week is vital for pre vaccine Snooker and how socially distencing Snooker will work going forward basicly if things go badly this week and a few players test possitive then i dont think they can risk the World Championship.

Negative Nelly.

More like Realistic Reanne.

Postby PLtheRef

Lets see what happens over the next fortnight. Of course if there are a number of cases which occur during this tournament then things going forward would need a considerable rethink.

Postby Wildey

The Ace wrote:

Negative Nelly.

nothing negative about that everything is moving too fast now.

i would have made lockdown tighter and more forcebly and then the chances of coming out of this succesfully now would be better much better as it is we got what we got and this does need doing sooner or later but it could be car crash.

Postby motorhead

• GROUP MATCHES from June 1st to 8th will feature 16 groups of four players, with two groups played each day across two tables. The player who tops each group table will progress to Phase Two. Players will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a drawn match.
????

Postby SnookerFan

motorhead wrote:
• GROUP MATCHES from June 1st to 8th will feature 16 groups of four players, with two groups played each day across two tables. The player who tops each group table will progress to Phase Two. Players will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a drawn match.
????

Each match is four frames. They can get 2-2.

Postby SnookerEd25

SteveJJ wrote:Paul Collier and Rob Spencer have tested negative.

As has Dave Hendon

That was for charisma; what about Covid?

Postby donthittheblue

Where can we find out whose passed their plague swabs?

Are they all being done today, or will players be tested the day of/day before their matches?