Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Last 32 !!!!!

Postby Ck147

Ck147 wrote:Highlights on BBC2, Robbo just made an excellent century (I missed it earlier) can see him making the final.

King fails to level at 4-4 and let's Robbo take the frame 5-3

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:Right, I'm still very angry and disagree strongly with the way issues were handled over the weekend, but I've taken some time to calm down.

Having done so, I have to be fair to Wildey, he has been very leniant on me in the past. I probably should have been banned for a while over the Coland and Mildey things. Having read back, he also clearly stated that I meant nothing malicious by my joke. I'm a lot happier having read that.

Wildey has done a good job as moderator, but if he wants to resign, best of luck to him. I just hope he keeps posting as he is a good guy at heart, and he knows snooker like the back of his hand.

Whatever you all think of me, I like the people on this forum, and I don't want to turn my back on it.

I'm not convinced. The way you bashed cancer sufferers the other day was quite shocking, to say the least. It shed new light on the kind of person you are, and not in a very good way, might I add.

Who will be the next to suffer from your warped humour? Leprosy sufferers? Plague victims?

Your hate and sadism towards terminally ill people is utterly disgraceful, and the mods were absolutely right to come down on you like a ton of bricks.

All that said, I'm glad you took some time to reflect on your behaviour and have ultimately decided to stick around, though you still have a long way to go before earning back the trust of this community.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Right, I'm still very angry and disagree strongly with the way issues were handled over the weekend, but I've taken some time to calm down.

Having done so, I have to be fair to Wildey, he has been very leniant on me in the past. I probably should have been banned for a while over the Coland and Mildey things. Having read back, he also clearly stated that I meant nothing malicious by my joke. I'm a lot happier having read that.

Wildey has done a good job as moderator, but if he wants to resign, best of luck to him. I just hope he keeps posting as he is a good guy at heart, and he knows snooker like the back of his hand.

Whatever you all think of me, I like the people on this forum, and I don't want to turn my back on it.

I'm not convinced. The way you bashed cancer sufferers the other day was quite shocking, to say the least. It shed new light on the kind of person you are, and not in a very good way, might I add.

Who will be the next to suffer from your warped humour? Leprosy sufferers? Plague victims?

Your hate and sadism towards terminally ill people is utterly disgraceful, and the mods were absolutely right to come down on you like a ton of bricks.

All that said, I'm glad you took some time to reflect on your behaviour and have ultimately decided to stick around, though you still have a long way to go before earning back the trust of this community.

You're a buttock.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:Control of the site has to be taken back. I'm sick to buck of that threat hanging over the site constantly.

Domain name expires Jan 2021 (but can be renewed), not sure about the forum costs. Not usually major costs if shared between interested people, but agree should be moved from people who have no interest in the site any more. Funny thing is it's not a clean easy thing to do, tried to help a friend do similar a couple of years ago and all the security/privacy stuff gets in the way, really need the non-interested party to be willing.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Control of the site has to be taken back. I'm sick to buck of that threat hanging over the site constantly.

Domain name expires Jan 2021 (but can be renewed), not sure about the forum costs. Not usually major costs if shared between interested people, but agree should be moved from people who have no interest in the site any more. Funny thing is it's not a clean easy thing to do, tried to help a friend do similar a couple of years ago and all the security/privacy stuff gets in the way, really need the non-interested party to be willing.

It needs someone who knows what they're doing to get the ball rolling. Sounds like you could be that man.

Costs should not be a problem as I can chip in the necessary amount and anyone else who wants to help can do so, but Pink Ball is absolutely correct in saying control has to be taken back.

It can't be right that we are all walking on egg shells, trying to not upset a man who abandoned this place long ago.

Postby Ck147

Ck147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Highlights on BBC2, Robbo just made an excellent century (I missed it earlier) can see him making the final.

King fails to level at 4-4 and let's Robbo take the frame 5-3

Robbo just showed Mark who's King - after bit of a mess up though

Quite a few players not playing their best so far this tournament

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Glad you are feeling calm now.

Postby Zimrahil

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

It needs someone who knows what they're doing to get the ball rolling. Sounds like you could be that man.

Costs should not be a problem as I can chip in the necessary amount and anyone else who wants to help can do so, but Pink Ball is absolutely correct in saying control has to be taken back.

It can't be right that we are all walking on egg shells, trying to not upset a man who abandoned this place long ago.

I admin a cricket site that was in similar position , I.e. the domain name was owned by someone who never visited site anymore and wouldn’t give up rights to domain
In the end we simply moved site to different domain and advertised it well in advance of existing domain expiry (we redirected members who still went to original domain name to new domain name)
It all ended well and had no adverse effect on our membership

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah but if you are playing numpties you will get more centuries/frame.

Multivariate you see.

Hendry had way more numpties in his era. The players ranked below the top 32 had no chance whatsoever of beating the top players. That only happened once in a blue moon. Nowadays, the world no 80 can beat the WN1. Snooker has progressed in depth.

buck off you twiddling runt

Are you just going to insult people now you aren't a mod Wildey? Call them runts in the main threads, something that would previously make you delete posts or move entire threads to the junkyard before? There is another forum for that, set up by an ex member of here, because he wanted to call people runts all day.

Postby Dan-cat

Dan-cat wrote:I'm in direct content with Roland's cousin who does the web admin, and Roland, I can start the chats. It might be even worth me popping to Leeds and having a pint with Roland to get this sorted quickly. Happy to do that.

Be great to have some help though.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm in direct content with Roland's cousin who does the web admin, and Roland, I can start the chats. It might be even worth me popping to Leeds and having a pint with Roland to get this sorted quickly. Happy to do that.

Help with going to Leeds for a pint?

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:

I would be happy to pay for your train ticket there and back. First class, of course.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah but if you are playing numpties you will get more centuries/frame.

Multivariate you see.

Hendry had way more numpties in his era. The players ranked below the top 32 had no chance whatsoever of beating the top players. That only happened once in a blue moon. Nowadays, the world no 80 can beat the WN1. Snooker has progressed in depth.

buck off you twiddling runt

Are you just going to insult people now you aren't a mod Wildey? Call them runts in the main threads, something that would previously make you delete posts or move entire threads to the junkyard before? There is another forum for that, set up by an ex member of here, because he wanted to call people runts all day.

<ok>

Postby Dan-cat

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I would be happy to pay for your train ticket there and back. First class, of course.

Ha. Really?

I just think if I go up there and meet the man, I'll be able to convey how much this site means to us. He really has no idea.

Last time the site was in trouble with the certificate thing he dipped in here afterwards and said to me 'now I remember why I hate forums' or similar. He has no concept of the family vibe we have, the support we give each other in tough times, the fun.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:

If you ever need a bit of money to buy this site or to run it I'd be happy to chip in and I'm sure there are others who would too.

I think it's time to let the forum be run by someone who cares for it.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

If you ever need a bit of money to buy this site or to run it I'd be happy to chip in and I'm sure there are others who would too.

Well put. Thank you.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Ha. Really?

I just think if I go up there and meet the man, I'll be able to convey how much this site means to us. He really has no idea.

Last time the site was in trouble with the certificate thing he dipped in here afterwards and said to me 'now I remember why I hate forums' or similar. He has no concept of the family vibe we have, the support we give each other in tough times, the fun.

Yes, I'm absolutely serious, Danny. Just say the word.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Yes, I'm absolutely serious, Danny. Just say the word.

If I went to the German Masters next year, would you pay for flights and accommodation?

Postby Scooper

If you want this guy to hand over the forum, why don’t a few of you/us go round his house and ‘persuade’ him? Might see a nice packet of crunchy nuts, pretty expensive, and start to feel a bit clumsy..

Postby Dan-cat

Scooper wrote:If you want this guy to hand over the forum, why don’t a few of you/us go round his house and ‘persuade’ him? Might see a nice packet of crunchy nuts, pretty expensive, and start to feel a bit clumsy..

Are you Ray Winstone?

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Yes, I'm absolutely serious, Danny. Just say the word.

If I went to the German Masters next year, would you pay for flights and accommodation?

Will you be meeting Roland there to talk about handing over the website?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Scooper wrote:If you want this guy to hand over the forum, why don’t a few of you/us go round his house and ‘persuade’ him? Might see a nice packet of crunchy nuts, pretty expensive, and start to feel a bit clumsy..

rofl My all time favourite tv scene! "Punch him? I can't even make a fist!" rofl

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Absolutely on both counts.