Post a reply

Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open Final !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 28th of October- Sunday 3rd of November at Yushan Sports Centre, Yushan, China

It will be Judd Trump going for his 13th ranking title and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh going for his first in his first final but only last week in Haining Thepchaiya beat Li Hang in the final so hes on a roll so can he become the first Thai Player in 24 years to win a Ranking Tournament?

DRAW

Final

Judd Trump v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Trump leads 3-1
Main TournamentsTrump leads 1-0
Multi Session MatchesTrump leads 1-0
Finals First Final

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open Final !!

Postby Andre147

Yes, he can follow the footsteps of fellow legend James Wattana.

Will need his best Snooker but I think he has a good chance, he almost beat Trump in the same format at the Worlds.

A final is a different occasion though, and he needs to deal with that.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Judd massive favourite IMO

Yes no doubt.

But upsets can happen.

My guess is Thepchaiya might make it close, but in the end Trump will have too much for him.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Trump about Thep

“Thepchaiya is the most exciting player in the game, he has even overtaken Ronnie O’Sullivan. A lot of other players think he’s the best to watch and I agree with that. He is free-flowing and gets on with the game. We need more people like that in snooker. He plays a bit like I did five or ten years ago, he hasn’t got a care in the world, he goes for his shots and if they go in then he’s unbeatable. It should be a good final for the fans, though hopefully I can win a bit more easily.”

Bit too much garbage out of his mouth at the beginning.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:He already has a ranking title

Wild ignores the Shoot-Out as being a ranker.

The way i see it is Selby has 7 PTC so if Thep has a ranker Selby has 23 a PTC was 20 times more prestigious than Shoot Out. so to keep continuity and to be fair to proper winners yea i ignore Shoot out as a ranker 1000%

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:It’s still a full ranking event though

the Amateurs at World Snooker and you can count it if you like that's your right however us Pros ignore it <ok>

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:

the Amateurs at World Snooker and you can count it if you like that's your right however us Pros ignore it <ok>

I think it’s a dog’s dinner of a tournament and it’s a farce that it is counted as a ranking event. But it does count, and that’s that.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I think it’s a dog’s dinner of a tournament and it’s a farce that it is counted as a ranking event. But it does count, and that’s that.

I do like the Shoot-Out, I think its a good tournament, different snooker being played for fun.

But never should it be a ranking event.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Trump about Thep

“Thepchaiya is the most exciting player in the game, he has even overtaken Ronnie O’Sullivan. A lot of other players think he’s the best to watch and I agree with that. He is free-flowing and gets on with the game. We need more people like that in snooker. He plays a bit like I did five or ten years ago, he hasn’t got a care in the world, he goes for his shots and if they go in then he’s unbeatable. It should be a good final for the fans, though hopefully I can win a bit more easily.”

Bit too much garbage out of his mouth at the beginning.

When in full flow he can even be faster than Ronnie so I get what he says. But Ronnie still is the benchmark.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I do like the Shoot-Out, I think its a good tournament, different snooker being played for fun.

But never should it be a ranking event.

I actually quite enjoyed it when it was a non-ranking event. It was McDonald’s snooker, but McDonald’s is very nice from time to time.

But then they tried to pass it off as fine dining. But it’s still McDonalds. It’s still McDonalds.

Postby Erza Scarlet

I'm probably old school but never liked the Shoot-Out. I just think it's too manufactured with the fans having to go wild just for the sake of going wild and the players having to manufacture a personality to put on a show.

Should be non-ranking since it's just fun.

Postby SnookerFan

Erza Scarlet wrote:I'm probably old school but never liked the Shoot-Out. I just think it's too manufactured with the fans having to go wild just for the sake of going wild and the players having to manufacture a personality to put on a show.

It baffles me that there are people who aren't outraged by this. It's the worst decision this sport, or any sport, has ever made.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Very few (if any) fans or players consider the Shootout to be a ranker.

It IS a ranking event.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be. And I'd feel any complaints any fans made to World Snooker would be justified.

However, pretending it isn't a ranking event doesn't really solve anything.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Very few (if any) fans or players consider the Shootout to be a ranker.

It IS a ranking event.

I agree with you that it shouldn't be. And I'd feel any complaints any fans made to World Snooker would be justified.

im not pretending it just doesn't exist as far as im concerned.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It IS a ranking event.

im not pretending it just doesn't exist as far as im concerned.

I emailed World Snooker several times saying it shouldn't be a ranking event. I will never watch a second of it whilst it's a ranking event.

I know I'm sad, but I CAN'T pretend it doesn't exist. I CAN'T pretend it isn't a ranking event.

The day Hearn awarded it ranking events, he insulted the sport. He insulted the fans. He insulted the players. He insulted everyone who has ever watched snooker on television or paid to watch snooker on television.

It's not just a bad decisions, it's thoroughly immoral that a player's rank can be affected because of it.

Hearn's done a lot of good for the sport. That on the other hand is his worst ever mistake.

Postby Erza Scarlet

SnookerFan wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:I'm probably old school but never liked the Shoot-Out. I just think it's too manufactured with the fans having to go wild just for the sake of going wild and the players having to manufacture a personality to put on a show.

It baffles me that there are people who aren't outraged by this. It's the worst decision this sport, or any sport, has ever made.

I know, the outrage probably only comes during the time the tournament gets rolling instead of the outrage being a consistent thing across the season/year, when people are reminded the Shoot-Out is a ranking event. Not abig of an issue to Hearn.

Personally I don't think even tournaments with no multi-session final should be a ranking event either. They should be minor-ranking which DO contribute to ranking points, but not a full ranking event.

Still a thousand times better than the Shoot-Out.

Postby hendry_fan

What a final!. <cool>

2 of the fastest and most attacking Players on the tour.

Judds been there for the takeing this week,,but so has Teppy,both have survived so far,but one o them won,t tomorrow.

If it was a Scot,maybe even Selby,then i,d be rootin for them,but it,s Teppy,and i like him as well. :-)

I don,t really know who i want to win tomorrow,it would be brilliant if Teppy could win his 1st proper ranking Tourney,but on the other hand it,d be also great if Judd could bump up his ranker Tourney tally tomorrow,i,m really 50/50 on this one.

Regarding the SHOOTOUT,is there anyone bar Mr Hearn himself who thinks it should be a Ranking Tourney?. :chin:

No doubt,Barrys done a hell of a lot for our bloved game,and of course everyone makes mistakes,his mistakes so far has been introducing more best of 7,s,meddling with the UK Championship and counting the Shootout as a Ranking tourney.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Outraged, of Croydon

I should sort Hearn out, Croydon style...

Easy there tiger, no one deserves that, used to see how that turned out when Croydon louts came to Kingston.

I think it's perfectly fine as a ranker, gives a chance to players who otherwise wouldn't make it that far in the longer formats. Look at what it did for Georgiou.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Outraged, of Croydon

I should sort Hearn out, Croydon style...

I know you saw it earlier, so have to ask, are you seriously thinking of going "Joker" on Hearn? Sleep on it, don't want to read about you in the news tomorrow.