Post a reply

Re: Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open Last 16 !!

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote: in the last 8 years Stuart has been one of the Best players winning 6 ranking titles Shaun Murphy and Mark Williams has only won 5 in that time. only Ronnie, Higgins, Selby, Ding, Robertson and Trump have won more than him.

Nuff said.

It shows how much the standard has dropped these days. There's a reason Bingham didn't start winning until Snooker entered it's weakest era.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote: in the last 8 years Stuart has been one of the Best players winning 6 ranking titles Shaun Murphy and Mark Williams has only won 5 in that time. only Ronnie, Higgins, Selby, Ding, Robertson and Trump have won more than him.

Nuff said.

It shows how much the standard has dropped these days. There's a reason Bingham didn't start winning until Snooker entered it's weakest era.

Didn't you say Judd Trump has played the highest level of snooker ever seen? <doh> rofl

Postby Dan-cat

If Ronnie had played like that against Selby the forum would be in meltdown, snooker of the gods, masterclass etc etc

Selby looks well snake hissed off as Bingo cleared up the last few colours... https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker/status ... 4558338048

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Nuff said.

Didn't you say Judd Trump has played the highest level of snooker ever seen? <doh> rofl

Yea so couldnt the same be said of Judd Trump he started winning events in 2011 same year as Bingham lol

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Selby will have been disappointed to lose today.

No doubt hes disapointed but a loss like that wont damage his confidence at all hell be up for CoC next week and if it will take performances like that to beat him ill take that all day long.

Postby Iranu

Judd Trump: World Champion in snooker’s weakest era.

I think we all agree there should be an asterisk next to his World Title as he was up against the weakest opposition the game’s ever seen.

World Champion* Judd Trump.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:Judd Trump: World Champion in snooker’s weakest era.

I think we all agree there should be an asterisk next to his World Title as he was up against the weakest opposition the game’s ever seen.

You can still play great snooker in a weak era. Ronnie and Judd both do.

Postby carayip

Ash147 wrote:

Nearly 5 tons in a row is not great snooker? Are Ronnie and Trump the only 2 players capable of playing great snooker in this era?

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

Postby hendry_fan

INCREDIBLE STUFF FROM BINGO!. :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap:

Rattles in Breaks of 97,104,108,114 and 117.

Very well done John.Scored Pretty well again,FIVE 60+ers from him today.

I,m happy for John,but at the same time,sad for Graeme,so my celebrations,i,ll Keep at bay for today. :-)

Hard luck Graeme!.

Postby snoopy2608

I don't think I'd call him a journeyman - just think he's lost his love for the game and is going through the motions.
It might just click again, in which case he'll win tournaments again, it might not.

As a Ding fan, I'm not sure what to think - especially when he plays shots like the attempted plant he took on in frame 5 - with a little bit of care he'd be 3-2 up not 4-1 down.

It'll be interesting to see how he responds when he is no longer regarded as China's no.1

Postby lhpirnie

snoopy2608 wrote:I don't think I'd call him a journeyman - just think he's lost his love for the game and is going through the motions.
It might just click again, in which case he'll win tournaments again, it might not.

As a Ding fan, I'm not sure what to think - especially when he plays shots like the attempted plant he took on in frame 5 - with a little bit of care he'd be 3-2 up not 4-1 down.

It'll be interesting to see how he responds when he is no longer regarded as China's no.1

Perhaps, but it still depends on the Chinese media. At the moment before each of the big Chinese tournaments he usually has to spend 2-3 days doing corporate and media work. He is never properly prepared for playing.

Even if he drops down the rankings and is overtaken by younger players, it's not clear for how long he is still considered as the main figure in Chinese snooker. It would probably take someone like Yan Bingtao or Yuan Sijun to win several big tournaments to dispace Ding's position.

Postby snoopy2608

I agree it'll be a while before he's not regarded as China's no.1 - just hope he keeps entering tournaments (I assume he's planning to play N Ireland - he wasn't in names referenced on WPBSA site but think that's cos his stock has fallen)

Postby carayip

snoopy2608 wrote:I don't think I'd call him a journeyman - just think he's lost his love for the game and is going through the motions.

I think he’s going through a confidence crisis, not dissimilar to slumps many players have gone through. The only solution is to keep working hard

Postby lhpirnie

carayip wrote:

I think he’s going through a confidence crisis, not dissimilar to slumps many players have gone through. The only solution is to keep working hard

Yes, Selby had a slump, Murphy had a terrible season last year. The difference with Ding is that a huge number of people (particularly on Chinese social media) are saying he's lost interest, doesn't care, and are instructing him to retire. Even the comments online from this match today are totally dismissive and many abusive. That makes coming back for Ding a lot harder, when he takes such a battering every week. It's a shame for a player who has done so much to make snooker a global game, although many resent it.

Postby Wildey

Selby cant kick himself this morning however who ever loses this match will be devastated the chances they have had