Post a reply

Evergrande China Championship Semi Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 23rd- Sunday 29th of September at Guangzhou Tianhe Sports Centre,Guangzhou,China

So its Shaun Murphy again can he reach another final the man in his way is 3 times World Champion Mark Selby the defending Champion.

And in the other Semi Final another 3 times World Champion Mark Williams will play his second China tournament Semi Final against Iran's Hossein Vafaei last time Williams won 6-1 and went on to lose 10-8 to Mark Selby in the final will history repeat itself this weekend?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy Selby leads 20-16
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark J Williams v Hossein Vafaei Williams leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Evergrande China Championship Semi Finals !!

Postby Iranu

Best line up from the quarter finals, I’d say. Could make a case for Maflin as it would be a nice change but you’d expect Selby to drub him.

Hopefully be two good matches.

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:Williams smashing Selby in the final would be ideal. Williams would finally get revenge for that 2011 Shanghai final loss.

OK People if someone says i hope Ronnie gets smashed in this match ill let it go and if someone takes offense to that and calls them I am a twat who ever says that will get a instant ban <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

I won,t be able to see any of tomorrows matches,as i,ll be watching a local tourney.

A few Players from my club are takin part,so i,m really lookin Forward to it.

I agree with Carayip,COME ON BOTH MARKS!. :-)

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Williams smashing Selby in the final would be ideal. Williams would finally get revenge for that 2011 Shanghai final loss.

OK People if someone says i hope Ronnie gets smashed in this match ill let it go and if someone takes offense to that and calls them I am a twat who ever says that will get a instant ban <ok>

What does wanting MJW to avenge a previous loss have to do with Ronnie <doh>

I don’t believe you actually are, but sometimes you give the impression of being partisan as a mod. Calling someone a I am a twat warranting a ban ffs <doh>

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:

OK People if someone says i hope Ronnie gets smashed in this match ill let it go and if someone takes offense to that and calls them I am a hammer who ever says that will get a instant ban <ok>

Serious question, are you on crack?

Postby Pink Ball

I've noticed something strange today when checking 'Who's Awake' at the bottom of the home screen. Several (I'd say about four) posters who've never posted before were online at different times, posting into General Snooker Discussion. Their posts haven't been moderated yet obviously. All of them had signed up for the site around August 9/10.

Nothing unusual about new posters, but so many in one day during a Chinese tournament, which tend to be the quietest on here? I smell a carcass.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:I've noticed something strange today when checking 'Who's Awake' at the bottom of the home screen. Several (I'd say about four) posters who've never posted before were online at different times, posting into General Snooker Discussion. Their posts haven't been moderated yet obviously. All of them had signed up for the site around August 9/10.

Nothing unusual about new posters, but so many in one day during a Chinese tournament, which tend to be the quietest on here? I smell a carcass.

Any chance they’re from China/Asia?

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I've noticed something strange today when checking 'Who's Awake' at the bottom of the home screen. Several (I'd say about four) posters who've never posted before were online at different times, posting into General Snooker Discussion. Their posts haven't been moderated yet obviously. All of them had signed up for the site around August 9/10.

Any chance they’re from China/Asia?

buck off with your logic.

Postby carayip

And revenge for the 2017 China Open loss, indirectly responsible for Willo’s non appearance in the 40th anniversary Crucible champions parade

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I don’t believe you actually are, but sometimes you give the impression of being partisan as a mod. Calling someone a I am a twat warranting a ban ffs <doh>

Have to agree with you.

Many people here wish Ronnie gets smashed every match he plays, I'm thinking of hendry-fan but there are others around here. And its not because of that they are I am some twats.

And even if they are that doesnt bother me in the slighest. We all have our favourites.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Ill tell you what if someone wants Ronnie to lose its fair game however when that happens on here they are called I am a twat as apose to the other player's suporter ive had it countless times my self and valued posters has left this forum because it got tedious but it seems wanting other players to get smashed is ok double standards now everyone knows the deal use I am a twat or Selby Hater or Smurph Hater whatever will be a ban in future.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:Am I allowed to say I dislike Selbo?

yea thats your right to say that without having a moron calling you a selby hater as if its not aloud to dislike a player

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Am I allowed to say I dislike Selbo?

yea thats your right to say that without having a moron calling you a selby hater as if its not aloud to dislike a player

That's fair.

For the record, if someone called me a Selbo hater, I'd wear that like a badge of honour.

Postby Wildey

The reason i braught Ronnie up was.

in the past ive wanted John Higgins to lose ive said it on here i dont particilar like him not once has anyone called me a Higgins Hater.

I Prefer Ronnie as a person and a player and even when ive said hardly anything about him ive been called a I am a twat and its pathetic and as ive said people have stoped posting on here because of it.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:The reason i braught Ronnie up was.

in the past ive wanted John Higgins to lose ive said it on here i dont particilar like him not once has anyone called me a Higgins Hater.

I Prefer Ronnie as a person and a player and even when ive said hardly anything about him ive been called a I am a twat and its pathetic and as ive said people have stoped posting on here because of it.

I actually have to agree with you on this one. I've never gotten much stick for having a go at Selbo over the years. Others have gotten more stick for far less 'against' O'Sullivan.

People should be entitled to like and dislike who they want. Mind you, I think it's right and fair to give the players you dislike credit when they deserve it. Mark Selby is a fine snooker player, he's just not my cup of tea.

There are only two posters on here that I've never seen give Ronnie O'Sullivan credit. Everyone else, fair game.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Who you thinking of?

Skullman? I dont think he left because of that.

It did not help he said as much when he came back for the 2017 WC and hes never been back once in over 2 years.

yea we all have busy lifes but when people leave that was as prolific as he was hes still ranked 5th on the all time snooker island posters having not been on here since May 2017 something wasent right.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Who you thinking of?

Skullman? I dont think he left because of that.

It did not help he said as much when he came back for the 2017 WC and hes never been back once in over 2 years.

yea we all have busy lifes but when people leave that was as prolific as he was hes still ranked 5th on the all time snooker island posters having not been on here since May 2017 something wasent right.

To be fair, I just had a look at the first two pages of top posters, and there a lot of posters there that I don't think I've ever seen post. And probably a few others that I drove out!