Post a reply

Evergrande China Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 23rd- Sunday 29th of September at Guangzhou Tianhe Sports Centre,Guangzhou,China

John Higgins who lost in a epic final last year is out But the Man he lost to in that final Mark Selby is through and will next play Barry Hawkins.

Hossein Vafaei and Kurt Maflin the man who beat Higgins has a great chance to win their meiden title with Judd Trump the World Champion also out.

But aswell as Selby both Mark Williams and Shaun Murphy still going strong.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins Selby leads 14-12
Kurt Maflin v Shaun Murphy Tied at 2-2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark J Williams v David Gilbert Williams leads 7-5
Hossein Vafaei v Joe Perry Perry leads 2-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Evergrande China Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby Iranu

A couple of tough calls here.

Good QF lineup to be fair, three WCs, one of last season’s form players, a longtime stalwart and ranking winner, and a couple of ‘surprises’.

Postby Wildey

A Lot has been said about Ding Junhui dropping out of the top 16 after this event and yea its true he will be ranked 18th with compatriot Yan Bingtao inside the top 16 at 15 https://www.wpbsa.com/rankings/latest-p ... eedings-2/

However on the list that truly matters Race to the Masters Ding Junhui is 14th https://www.wpbsa.com/rankings/race-to-the-masters/

Postby hendry_fan

Would indeed be good if Gilbo,Vafai or Maflin would win the tourney,but my first choice is Selby.

The Jesters been in poor form for ages though.

He actually showed signs of form coming back,at least high scoreing form as he scored heavy in his match against Lu Ning,but scoreing heavy in 1 match aint enough i,m afraid. :roll: He can always go into fuuuullll grind mode and fight for every last Crumb i guess. :-D

All the same,i,m gonna shout,...…

,...…..COME ONNNNNNNNNN MARK!!!!!!. :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

18-14 wrote:Selby has been so poor lately that I'm worried Murphy will beat him.

:welcomes: 18-14.

Cooool nick,very original!. :clap:

I,d be worried bout The Hawk beatin him as well mate. :roll: :-)

Postby 18-14

hendry_fan wrote:
18-14 wrote:Selby has been so poor lately that I'm worried Murphy will beat him.

:welcomes: 18-14.

Cooool nick,very original!. :clap:

I,d be worried bout The Hawk beatin him as well mate. :roll: :-)

Yeah Selby needs to bring in china open form vs Hawkins again

Postby 18-14

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Is your username a reference to the 2017 WC semifinal?

Nah it's a reference to the 2014 final when Selby became the only man in history to beat Ronnie in a World Championship final.

Postby Lemnas

Pink Ball wrote:Vafaei winning it would be fairytale stuff. Arguably deserves it after all the rubbish he has been through.

+1
I bet Hearn would try to put on a tournament in Iran, which would be interesting too.

Postby Pink Ball

Lemnas wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Vafaei winning it would be fairytale stuff. Arguably deserves it after all the rubbish he has been through.

+1
I bet Hearn would try to put on a tournament in Iran, which would be interesting too.

“Their human-rights record is appalling, you can forget about taking it easy. We’ll be on edge, but the adrenaline will be pumping, and that’s what I love about Iran. It’s dangerous, it’s exciting, and it’s gonna be a lotta fun”

Postby Ash147

18-14 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Nah it's a reference to the 2014 final when Selby became the only man in history to beat Ronnie in a World Championship final.

Selby didnt beat Ronnie in 2014, Ronnie beat himself.

Postby 18-14

Ash147 wrote:
18-14 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I bet you say that for every Selby vs Ronnie match.

Selby squeezed Ronnie like a python in the 3rd session and shut him out.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
18-14 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Is that a bipolar reference? :no:

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:
18-14 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

yea he couldnt handle the pressure <ok>

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
18-14 wrote:Do you guys think the King of China Selby will win this?

Why King? I think MJW is the one who's won most tournaments in the Far East.

Both Selby and Williams have won 7 ranking titles in the far east But Selby has won all of his in China where Mark Williams has won only 4 in China the other 3 in Thailand.

Postby Wildey

A list of players to win Ranking titles in the far east

7 Mark Selby
7 Mark Williams
7 Ding Junhui
6 Stephen Hendry
5 Ronnie O'Sullivan
5 Neil Robertson
4 Judd Trump
3 John Higgins