Post a reply

Evergrande China Championship Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 23rd- Sunday 29th of September at Guangzhou Tianhe Sports Centre,Guangzhou,China

The last 32 proved a difficult round for the chineze contingent with only Zhao Xintong making the Last 16 to play Barry Hawkins.

Mark Selby, John Higgins, Shaun Murphy, Mark Williams, Luca Brecel and Judd Trump safely through but Mark Allen and Stephen Maguire are going home.

Who will make the quarter finals?

DRAW

Last 16
Mark Selby v Chris Wakelin Selby leads 1-0
Zhao Xintong v Barry Hawkins Zhao Xintong leads 3-1
John Higgins v Kurt Maflin Only played in Pro Am (2006)
Shaun Murphy v Matthew Selt Selt leads 4-2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark J Williams v Luca Brecel Williams leads 3-0
David Gilbert v Noppon Saengkham Gilbert leads 3-0
Hossein Vafaei v Anthony McGill McGill leads 2-1
Joe Perry v Judd Trump Trump leads 11-5

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Evergrande China Championship Last 16 !!

Postby Iranu

carayip wrote:Xintong-Hawkins and Murphy-Selt H2H records are kind of surprising. And can’t believe Higgins and Maflin never played each other when both are pros for years

Selby and Gould’s head to head is also surprising. Not sure if anyone’s noticed this.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
carayip wrote:Xintong-Hawkins and Murphy-Selt H2H records are kind of surprising. And can’t believe Higgins and Maflin never played each other when both are pros for years

Selby and Gould’s head to head is also surprising. Not sure if anyone’s noticed this.

No, please remind us.

Postby TheRocket

Good too see McGill and Vafaei in the Last16 of a Ranking tournament.

Vafaei is a talented player and has played very well against Wilson. Without the visa problems he probably would be a Top32 player. And with McGill it feels like ages ago to see him at this stage of a tournament.

I think practicing regularly with Higgins and Maguire will help him a lot for this season.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Wildey wrote:The last 32 proved a difficult round for the chineze contingent with only Zhao Xintong making the Last 16 to play Barry Hawkins.

That's what happens in nearly every tournament.

Postby TheRocket

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Wildey wrote:The last 32 proved a difficult round for the chineze contingent with only Zhao Xintong making the Last 16 to play Barry Hawkins.

That's what happens in nearly every tournament.

For the next 5 years I don't see a lot of change in terms of that.

But once the Class of 92 retire and players like Robertson,Selby,Murphy decline I would be very surprised if there weren't more Chinese players in the Top16 or the later stages of the tournaments.

Trump would be the best British player, followed by Allen or Wilson. But there would be a huge gap in terms of quality players overall. A gap where the Chinese pros could take a lot of advantage.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:Good too see McGill and Vafaei in the Last16 of a Ranking tournament.

Vafaei is a talented player and has played very well against Wilson. Without the visa problems he probably would be a Top32 player. And with McGill it feels like ages ago to see him at this stage of a tournament.

I think practicing regularly with Higgins and Maguire will help him a lot for this season.

He would be mid to early 20s comfortably

Hes played 4 matches this season and won every one However he had to pull out of Riga and International Championship.

and last season he had to pull out of 2 Ranking events when he was drawn against Eden Sharav of Israel.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Good too see McGill and Vafaei in the Last16 of a Ranking tournament.

Hes played 4 matches this season and won every one However he had to pull out of Riga and International Championship.

and last season he had to pull out of 2 Ranking events when he was drawn against Eden Sharav of Israel.

Any time I've seen him play live, he has played well. It's a shame. A lot of potential.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Any time I've seen him play live, he has played well. It's a shame. A lot of potential.

You do feel though his potential will never be fulfilled so much hurdles to overcome But he keeps on fighting.

Postby Wildey

Ill be honest ive enjoyed the China Championship more than the Shanghai Masters nothing to do with ranking points or all that rubbish that's for the players i get none of it.

but because we have stories like Ding losing to Zhao Xintong, Hossein Vafaei getting to the later stage beating Kyren Wilson, Anthony McGill getting some form back...

Top players all well and good but i like to see players coming up from nowhere and start playing and beating the players that's in the top 16.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:Ill be honest ive enjoyed the China Championship more than the Shanghai Masters nothing to do with ranking points or all that rubbish that's for the players i get none of it.

but because we have stories like Ding losing to Zhao Xintong, Hossein Vafaei getting to the later stage beating Kyren Wilson, Anthony McGill getting some form back...

Top players all well and good but i like to see players coming up from nowhere and start playing and beating the players that's in the top 16.

Aye, and it really shows if you look through the Think Pink permutations. Some potentially big, big scores on offer if one or a few of Vafaei, Saengkham, Wakelin, Xintong win.

Postby SnookerFan

Thirty or forty pounds? Is that what ticket prices to a match like this cost?

Without meaning to sound like Loadsamoney, when they talked about pricing people out in China, I was expecting tickets to be much more than £40.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Thirty or forty pounds? Is that what ticket prices to a match like this cost?

Without meaning to sound like Loadsamoney, when they talked about pricing people out in China, I was expecting tickets to be much more than £40.

You snob. :no:

Seriously though, I wonder what the average salary is in that part of China.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Thirty or forty pounds? Is that what ticket prices to a match like this cost?

You snob. :no:

Here's me out and about this morning.